Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca Lodge

Sfiend

I've tried it and I liked it.  But I also like girls aged 18/19, and in fact met my current Pattaya girlfriend 4 years ago when she was 19.  I don't consider it "girl friendly" (in a mongering context) to prohibit guests from bringing back any girl (or boy or ladyboy for that matter) who is of legal age.  I agree it's a nice hotel with a good pool but there are better girl-friendlier options.

Fair enough - I read a lot of mongers who troll for youngest of the girls, looking for "far fresh" and all, and honestly sometimes it can make my skin crawl... I like the (slightly) older women of the 29-35 region; they're less bouncy and more relaxed in many ways, which suits my preferences, but also they know the game they're in now. My preferences are for more wise and worldly; I prefer the good ride than the horse you have to break. What can I say - I'm old.  ;) 

Of course, life is a buffet and we all dine from different parts of the table - so long as we play healthily and don't bother other people, so to each their own...

Fair enough - I read a lot of mongers who troll for youngest of the girls, looking for "far fresh" and all, and honestly sometimes it can make my skin crawl... I like the (slightly) older women of the 29-35 region; they're less bouncy and more relaxed in many ways, which suits my preferences, but also they know the game they're in now. My preferences are for more wise and worldly; I prefer the good ride than the horse you have to break. What can I say - I'm old.  ;) 

Of course, life is a buffet and we all dine from different parts of the table - so long as we play healthily and don't bother other people, so to each their own...

Exactly. If we all liked the same girls there would be all sorts of problems! I like to think I would be able to find women from my own age group, or those in their 30s, back in the UK, so what I like most about Thailand is that any girl 18 or older is a potential partner! Maybe when I get "old" I'll change. I'm a mere 53 now.

Hi Guys, I'm booked into the Areca this Sat for 2 weeks, Deluxe Pool View Double. I don't know if this is the Evergreen Building or Coruna Building, and I'm slightly concerned about the noise from nearby construction. 

I could cancel & move the booking to April Suites where I've stayed a few times before, but would like to stay in Areca due to location, so any comments, specifically if you can tell me if my booking is for the Evergreen Building and 2ndly how was the noise.

Appreciate it.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 2 weeks later...
so what I like most about Thailand is that any girl 18 or older is a potential partner!

It's not apples to apples though. You're comparing Thai prostitutes--whether part time or full time--to civilian girls in the west.

I know this stirs endless debates around here, but I consider taking a girl to dinner totally different than supporting her completely or handing her cash. After all, I often buy rounds of drinks for my buddies who earn less than I do, but that's not paying them to be with me.

But if you want to look on the bright side, the money you're paying the Thai prostitutes per week is probably less than a night out in the west.

I like to think I would be able to find women from my own age group, or those in their 30s, back in the UK,

That depends on how attractive the girls are, and what you bring to the table. You say you're 53, so in general it would be hard to shag girls girls 20 years younger unless you've got serious income, status or looks.

It's not apples to apples though. You're comparing Thai prostitutes--whether part time or full time--to civilian girls in the west.

I know this stirs endless debates around here, but I consider taking a girl to dinner totally different than supporting her completely or handing her cash. After all, I often buy rounds of drinks for my buddies who earn less than I do, but that's not paying them to be with me.

But if you want to look on the bright side, the money you're paying the Thai prostitutes per week is probably less than a night out in the west.

That depends on how attractive the girls are, and what you bring to the table. You say you're 53, so in general it would be hard to shag girls girls 20 years younger unless you've got serious income, status or looks.

I would say you're probably right - and as I don't have the income, status or looks I'll stick to my Thai bargirls!

Hi Guys, I'm booked into the Areca this Sat for 2 weeks, Deluxe Pool View Double. I don't know if this is the Evergreen Building or Coruna Building, and I'm slightly concerned about the noise from nearby construction. 

I could cancel & move the booking to April Suites where I've stayed a few times before, but would like to stay in Areca due to location, so any comments, specifically if you can tell me if my booking is for the Evergreen Building and 2ndly how was the noise.

Appreciate it.

Deluxe rooms are in Areca wing or Corona wing,  the Super Deluxe are all Evergreen wing

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Hi guys

am due to arrive in 3 weeks (from 1st nov for 1 week)

have always stayed at areca (evergreen)..  was last there in March when the work over the back was starting and am hoping alot of the heavy work would be done...  so wanting to know how's it going.. have stayed in rooms on either side of the building overlooking the pool...  any suggestions appreciated on rooms or is it not that much of an issue...

cheers

I just spent the last week in September and the first week in October at the Areca. Had a room facing the pool in the front building. I didn't hear any constuction noise durning my stay.

Durning the past few years I have stayed 4 times each year and have rebooked for this Christmas and New Years.

Great hotel and staff, but will agree that the WiFi needs some improvement in some of the room loacations with a better signal.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I checked into Areca last night. What a great choice. I booked a room in the evergreen building. They allotted me a room facing the pool and away from the construction, so no noise at all so far. The WiFi is indeed weak however like mentioned on the web somewhere. You won't catch a signal in the room but luckily it connects in the bathroom. So I can be online when I take a shit which is ok with me. Room cleaning till 17:00 which is generous.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

For the rates Areca charges, there should not be any problems with the wi fi.Not very good for those of us who need the internet when we are not on the toilet. :SoWhat1:

• 4 months later...

An update on the construction. No one here seems to be complaining about the noise? I took these a yesterday.

Front of Areca:

http://i130.photobuc...ArecaFront1.jpg

http://i130.photobuc...ArecaFront2.jpg

Back of Areca:

http://i130.photobuc.../ArecaBack1.jpg

http://i130.photobuc.../ArecaBack2.jpg

http://i130.photobuc.../ArecaBack3.jpg

Deal breaker, horrible at the back, I wont bother and try to find something else I think .

Stayed in the Evergreen bldg.(back bldg.) last month. Didn't notice any noise or dust/dirt issues from the construction at all. And I spent time at the pool(Evergreen) every day.

One trip I was having trouble connecting to wifi in my room and their IT tech came and installed a wireless router in my room.. A lot of places wouldn't make that effort.

And I spent time at the pool(Evergreen) every day.

Where is the Evergreen pool?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

And I spent time at the pool(Evergreen) every day.

Where is the Evergreen pool?

Areca Lodge has 3 buildings & 2 swimming pools. The pool in front of the evergreen bldg. is right next to where the construction is taking place.  The other pool(areca bldg) is not next to the construction area.

Areca Lodge has 3 buildings & 2 swimming pools. The pool in front of the evergreen bldg. is right next to where the construction is taking place. The other pool(areca bldg) is not next to the construction area.

Ah, I see now why you say in front of Evergreen. I was put up in that part of the L that points towards 2nd road and the pool seemed closer to Corona than Evergreen.

Archived