Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca Lodge

Sfiend

If anyone's currently living here or has very recently, I'd appreciate a first hand account of your experience of the impact of the construction work that is happening next door?

Areca Lodge

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Was there recently. Stayed for 10 nights.

Great location, service and facilities.

No fuss about bringing girls. Safe.

Enjoy,

//Peter

Thanks Score. My patience has paid off - it's been a few days since I posted this query. Appreciate the response and feed back.

• 4 weeks later...

I checked into Areca last night. What a great choice. I booked a room in the evergreen building. They allotted me a room facing the pool and away from the construction, so no noise at all so far. The WiFi is indeed weak however like mentioned on the web somewhere. You won't catch a signal in the room but luckily it connects in the bathroom. So I can be online when I take a shit which is ok with me. Room cleaning till 17:00 which is generous.

Yeah, you need a room facing the pool which should not be a problem this time of year.

I checked into Areca last night. What a great choice. I booked a room in the evergreen building. They allotted me a room facing the pool and away from the construction, so no noise at all so far. The WiFi is indeed weak however like mentioned on the web somewhere. You won't catch a signal in the room but luckily it connects in the bathroom. So I can be online when I take a shit which is ok with me. Room cleaning till 17:00 which is generous.

I had problems connecting with their internet. both lan & wireless.  But after I called the desk,  their IT guy brought up a wireless router for the room. I still had some problems connecting, but I was happy they took the effort to correct the problem. I also bring a wireless travel router with me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying here now in the Corona building facing the pool and the construction site, I can hear the builders a bit in the background, but air conditioning drowns out any noise to be honest.

Im quite a light sleeper and it didnt wake me up, in any case, it's not as though they're pile driving it, all that side of it is finished.

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

Pissed me off this morning . Wouldn't let me take my breakfast back to room . Its been good other then that . WiFi sucks ass.

Wifi's good in my room, didn't need the password they gave me when I checked in..

What pissed me off about breakfast was the half nine finish, as opposed to the half ten finish in one of the other buildings, (I didn't know that until after breakfast)

So at 09.33 they switched off all the lights and the ceiling fans in the restaurant whilst me and my mate were still eating, then clearing our stuff away whilst there was a shed load of other stuff they could have been clearing up, ignorant cunts.

I know rools is rools and all that, but we were in there for 9am and had almost finished, a few more minutes would surely have mattered not...

Yeh I also had trouble with wifi, IT guy came and fixed it.. Yeh b'fast is good, but closes to early for us I think ! 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yeh I also had trouble with wifi, IT guy came and fixed it.. Yeh b'fast is good, but closes to early for us I think !

You can eat in the other building where breakfast is until half ten.

Was there recently. Stayed for 10 nights.

Great location, service and facilities.

No fuss about bringing girls. Safe.

Enjoy,

//Peter

I wouldn't say "no fuss" about bringing girls.  A joiner fee is charged for a 2nd girl and you're not allowed to bring back anyone under 20.  It's a nice hotel, but there are much more girl-friendly options.

I wouldn't say "no fuss" about bringing girls.  A joiner fee is charged for a 2nd girl and you're not allowed to bring back anyone under 20.  It's a nice hotel, but there are much more girl-friendly options.

I brought a girl back who was 19 AND A HALF (different hotel - the half counts) would Areca really snub a girl of that age? and i was just about to book there as well...

I brought a girl back who was 19 AND A HALF (different hotel - the half counts) would Areca really snub a girl of that age? and i was just about to book there as well...

I believe they're quite strict about the under 20 rule.  But this is Thailand, so you might get away with it.

If you like the young girls you'd be better off booking a friendlier hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

whats' the best building to stay in this place? No noise

ummm

Stayed at the Areca a lot. Usually in the Evergreen. Last stay was August and there was very little construction noise. Keep in mind there is construction going on at two lots. One towards the Soi Diana end, more of less half way between Areca and Corona buildings and one round the back on Avenue mall side, closer to the Evergreen building.

The breakfast is ok at best. Choice of egg styles, bacon, sausauges, etc. Very rarely had the breakfast there anyway as I prefer to meet up with friends across the road at the Robin's Nest.

Joiner policy is first one goes free, additional guest is 500 Baht. ID at reception.

Don't know about the under 20 rule - never came up.

Wi-Fi is spotty. Did manage to read the BBC news on the tablet of a morning though while on the loo, so it is there.

Stayed there last December over Christmas. They make an effort and we even had Thai Elves and presents which was a nice touch.

santa-areca-2012.jpg

Location is great and I've never been let down staying there.

I should say one thing....

I put my mother and Sister here, for a Christmas visit and it was not good.

For one, my Sister went for a swim on her first morning here and was duly affronted by some damaged Farang F*ckwit in the pool, who proceeded to throw in her face all his baggage, by staring her down, most evilly and grabbing his latest BF and pashing her as a baited line. We all know the insinuation there. Stupid Cnut.

Not something a Western Girl on her own would like to be subjected to, without any provocation. There can be no misinterpretation of this behaviour, we all know that there are a bunch of damaged men here. Sad to say, that they think that they have escaped the clutches of the Farang Birds, if only to be delivered into the clutches of  the next level. All I could say, in her defense, on hearing about it, was that he would get his, in the end.

I paid a sh*tload of cash, for my two better half's to stay at this hotel and had very bad reports from them. Mum didn't seem to Give a Fark, as she is a hard Woman from the Bush, but it really had my Sister reeling.

Not for the standard of the hotel, but for the way they were treated as they got around the local neighbourhood.

WFT is wrong with the average Twat Tourist in this neighbourhood?

Next time I will book them out in Naklua.

Not exactly girl-unfriendly.

A joiner fee for second girl is more common than not (it's a resources issue) and 20...you know, there's a great big world of women over 20 out there. You should try it sometime…you might like it   :ThumbUp6:

I should say one thing....

I put my mother and Sister here, for a Christmas visit and it was not good.

For one, my Sister went for a swim on her first morning here and was duly affronted by some damaged Farang F*ckwit in the pool, who proceeded to throw in her face all his baggage, by staring her down, most evilly and grabbing his latest BF and pashing her as a baited line. We all know the insinuation there. Stupid Cnut.

Not something a Western Girl on her own would like to be subjected to, without any provocation. There can be no misinterpretation of this behaviour, we all know that there are a bunch of damaged men here. Sad to say, that they think that they have escaped the clutches of the Farang Birds, if only to be delivered into the clutches of  the next level. All I could say, in her defense, on hearing about it, was that he would get his, in the end.

I paid a sh*tload of cash, for my two better half's to stay at this hotel and had very bad reports from them. Mum didn't seem to Give a Fark, as she is a hard Woman from the Bush, but it really had my Sister reeling.

Not for the standard of the hotel, but for the way they were treated as they got around the local neighbourhood.

WFT is wrong with the average Twat Tourist in this neighbourhood?

Next time I will book them out in Naklua.

Yeah - you're putting your muggles in one of the better hotels but in one of the more mongerish areas of the city. A bad location, serving occasionally arrogant and loutish clientele with an agenda....Hm - what could possibly have gone wrong? 

Not exactly girl-unfriendly.

A joiner fee for second girl is more common than not (it's a resources issue) and 20...you know, there's a great big world of women over 20 out there. You should try it sometime…you might like it   :ThumbUp6:

I've tried it and I liked it.  But I also like girls aged 18/19, and in fact met my current Pattaya girlfriend 4 years ago when she was 19.  I don't consider it "girl friendly" (in a mongering context) to prohibit guests from bringing back any girl (or boy or ladyboy for that matter) who is of legal age.  I agree it's a nice hotel with a good pool but there are better girl-friendlier options.

Yeah - you're putting your muggles in one of the better hotels but in one of the more mongerish areas of the city. A bad location, serving occasionally arrogant and loutish clientele with an agenda....Hm - what could possibly have gone wrong? 

Yes, very true.

I figured it was to be a warts and all tour.

Can't bode well for the hotel, though.

Wasted luxury on a bunch of damaged Twats.

Though, the upside is, my Mum and Sis won't be back to cast their disapproving diatribe on my Hedonistic Lifestyle. :GoldenSmile1:

I wonder if somewhere, subliminally, I didn't do this on purpose.

Areca remains the most booked hotel by PA members over the last 12 months.

I would add two provisos

If you like girls under 20 dont book it - try Page 10 etc,

Regarding the guy whose wife and mother in law had a bad time - it really is regarded as a "mongers" hotel - it always has been which is why it remains so popular. Whilst i would not excuse any poor behavior, by guests or staff, its not really a good choice of hotel for family etc.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Though, the upside is, my Mum and Sis won't be back to cast their disapproving diatribe on my Hedonistic Lifestyle. :GoldenSmile1:

I wonder if somewhere, subliminally, I didn't do this on purpose.

...ya think?   :ThumbUp6:

Archived