IGNORED

My Favourite Hotel

LOTTELLEE WINNA

OK guys here are my personal ratings (out of 10) for the hotels I have stayed in, I have also added some + and - points. Comments on my analysis are most welcome, What are your fave hotels and why?

NovaGold (8) + Best value 4* hotel, nice rooms, great staff, honest returned cash I lost

- a little out the way, pool in the shade

Nova Spa (7) + Really classy place, top end 4*, great pool, top breakfast, nice rooms

- even futher up the same soi as Nova Gold, pricey if you don't spot a bargain rate

@Mind (6)     + Same soi as above but closer to 2ndRd, classy aparthotel, with nice studios

- Nice pool but too few sunbeds hogged by grumpy Ruskies

Centara (7) + Same soi as all above but nr 2nd road, very classy rooms and great pool

- block booked by an indian tour company

SabaiLodge (4) + good pool and nice location, on/near bhat bus route

- I had a poor room (but it was last minute and high season)

PattayaBayResort(6) + nice rooftop pool and cafe, used to have lots great staff, good location

- too much building work around, managerial/staff changes

China Garden (6) + 4* classy hotel rooms at guesthouse prices,location good

-  my room had no balcony

LK Rennaisance (9) + Hugely classy 4*, nice pool, brill location, great brekkie, luxury room

- nothing

LK Empress (8) + Same same Rennaisance above, Beach Rd location

- number of Indian guys causing noise and who trashed room

The above are a quick summary of my views of these hotels, I have posted a hotel review with pics in some instances. Do you agree with my ratings? Do you have a favourite hotel that you would recommend? Do you know of a hotel from hell?

Lottellee , thanks for your rundown on hotels .

Goes to show the huge choice available in Pattaya , as iv'e stayed in about 25 or 30 different places but only China Garden on your list .

my favourites

China G , great location , good value guesthouse

Mr Mac hotel , good value rooms , 5 mins baht bus to jomtien or 2 mins other way to Pattaya

Residence Gardens , next to mr mac , large rooms , great s/pool

Flipper House , again great location soi 7 , rooftop pool .

Worst places iv'e stayed at were Anna jet G H and Maybelle hotel ( soi VC )

Anna Jet was a long time ago and may have improved ( could hardly get worse ), Maybelle was knocked down .

Mikeyboy

-  my room had no balcony, indeed it didn't have a window

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm All rooms have "WINDOWS"   !! Some rooms have 2 or 3 ! We enlarged them as well in the renovations, its nice to make the list  :-)  Check behind the "blackout curtains" hehe

-  my room had no balcony, indeed it didn't have a window

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm All rooms have "WINDOWS"   !! Some rooms have 2 or 3 ! We enlarged them as well in the renovations, its nice to make the list  :-)  Check behind the "blackout curtains" hehe

There was a small blackout curtain, which from memory was always closed... can't remember room number, but I thought it was just a curtain for show  :GoldenSmile1:. I am a fan of China Garden - as I say the rooms are like a 4* hotel, but at a fraction of the price. Going back to the windows, many guys won't be bothered either way. I will stay again :hello09: 

best hotel in pattaya by far for price china garden

Looks nice but shame no swimming pool or balcony in the rooms.

Just curious...whats the single room rate???   I haven't stayed in Pattaya in years...mostly live in Bangkok when I'm in country ( just got back from a month stay)...Been thinking of moving to Pattaya for retirement...but I need a good cheap hotel for a few days till i find an apartment...Thanks :GoldenSmile1:

George, depends whether it is high or low season. Low season rates (off the top of my head for a guest house 500 - 850 THB pn, 4* Nova Gold around 1000THB, LK hotels 1800THB....high season + 1/3). Hope this helps.

damn it I cant remember all the names but I definitely agree with u on the LK Ren. being a 9. Nova platinum cost more than that and wasn't nearly as nice. Royal Palace hotel wasn't bad for its price. Clean,good balcony with good view. Best staff ive had and a lot of security.

Thanks ..I'll  be treking around Pattaya end of July first part of August or so....Got any web links for the China Garden or LK Ren??

Thanks ..I'll  be treking around Pattaya end of July first part of August or so....Got any web links for the China Garden or LK Ren??

Just google them buddy...very different establisments and price ranges, but both are real quality.

thanks...Take care...

Bear in mind

LK Ren is a proper hotel - in my opinion very substandard pool for the quality of a hotel of this standard

China Garden is a Guest House above a Chinese Restaurant

Dynasty (LK Metro) compares well with China Garden and has a rooftop area with Jacuzzi etc

I still prefer the Soi 10 hotels for their location and overall convenience and quality - they have become somewhat more expensive but they are located between 2nd road and BR - you expect to pay for that

This trip I will be at VT6 - however not with DW's - will report back on my experience

prices may have helped

I think maybe you meant to say something like this.

"Hi Lottellee, thanks for taking the trouble to provide us with the list. Could you add approx prices  as I for one would find this a useful addition" :GoldenSmile1:

No probs Brownlegs...my pleasure, prices outined below are what I have paid (from memory), nb mostly low season bargains:

Nova Gold - 1200

Nova Spa - 1800

@Mind -1500

Centara - 1800

Sabai Lodge - 1100

PBR - 1200

China Garden - 850

LK Ren - 1900

LK Empress - 2000

As I say these prices are from memory and mostly low season - special offers sometimes apply eg stay 6 get 1 day free at PBR.

I think maybe you meant to say something like this.

"Hi Lottellee, thanks for taking the trouble to provide us with the list. Could you add approx prices  as I for one would find this a useful addition" :GoldenSmile1:

No probs Brownlegs...my pleasure, prices outined below are what I have paid (from memory), nb mostly low season bargains:

LOL Well said, I do find it incredible that there are so many posters too lazy to Google for info after being pointed in the right direction. 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

My favorite is Secrets. The staff is great and so are the owners.  The rooms are spotless, the restaurant is very good, the dancers are beautiful and fun.  A huge asset is the location: Soi 14, a 1/2 block from Walking Street.

Flipper house with BF served till late and 2 nice pools on the roof top

Pattaya Bay Resort slightly cheaper than Flipper

i agree with flipper house soi 7 great staff ,location,and rooftop pool. also stayed at April Suites last year and was also excellent. very quiet but still close to soi 7 ,8

@Geore671 I like the LKs and very reasonable prices. I go through Agoda and get very good prices. I will be in Pattaya next week if any of you wanna grab a drink.

My favorite hotel is the oldest place in town, Nautical Inn, great location on beach road between RFoyal Garden and Central Festival, incredible large garden, from about 1300 bahts.

If Le Stand on Walking Street open one day it will be certainly my best place.

I agree with LK Renaissance. Very good value for money, very small pool, but mostly empty, superb location for night owls, breakfast may a little bit strange.

My favorite is the Hard Rock hotel, sometimes they have good promotions. Love their pool and breakfast buffet and the (over) friendly staff.

Never got a good room at Sabai Lodge, but prices are OK (had a 650 B promotion once)

There was a small blackout curtain, which from memory was always closed... can't remember room number, but I thought it was just a curtain for show  :GoldenSmile1:. I am a fan of China Garden - as I say the rooms are like a 4* hotel, but at a fraction of the price. Going back to the windows, many guys won't be bothered either way. I will stay again :hello09: 

Biggest problem with China Garden is that they are always full when I try to book!!   Tried many times in the past by email and always had a courteous reply appologising for the fact that they were fully booked.  If they are so booked up, it must be a good place to stay.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Biggest problem with China Garden is that they are always full when I try to book!!   Tried many times in the past by email and always had a courteous reply appologising for the fact that they were fully booked.  If they are so booked up, it must be a good place to stay.

Hi UT....CG is a good place to stay, excellent value. As you say, it is good so it does get busy :hello09:

I think i might've had dinner at their beach facing restaurant one evening.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Archived