Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Long Haul Business Class for under $2K (Long Post)

Little Evil

I also took advantage of that Qatar biz class deal for $1400. That deal will ensure that I reach AA exec platinum again this year

I hope another deal similar to this one is offered in 2017...

United promotion that started today.

Flash sale: For just 4 days, get a bonus of up to 60,000 additional miles when you buy miles to use for your next award trip, upgrades and more. 

Don’t wait — this offer ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 9, 2017. 

Buy 5,000 - 14,000 miles | Get up to 2,800 bonus miles
Buy 15,000 - 29,000 miles | Get up to 11,600 bonus miles
Buy 30,000 - 90,000 miles | Get up to 60,000 bonus miles

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

I'm on version 2 -- the ones that have great room in window seats, but that can bother those who are claustrophobic.

The only window seat available on my 2 flights was row 11, which is missing a window.  Probably not an issue, but I went ahead and just got aisle seats.

I scored an aisle seat on row 5 -- which is the single row "mini cabin" -- on the way to Japan.  The middle seat in the middle section (5E) was available for my return flight, but it just looked a little too much coffin-like!  555  I ended up going with the aisle seat on row 11 (11B)

Ver 2 was fun for one trip. You don't get any more private in J class than those seats. You're basically in a tiny suite, almost fully enclosed and out of eyeshot of everyone but standing people. I was contemplating going pantsless for my longhaul. My only real gripe was storage, or the lack thereof in the window seat. The hull side aisle seat does have a little cubby space, but the window seat has zero storage. This results in having all your in-flight personal stuff either on your lap or on one of the tiny, slippery ledges (ending up on the floor or back in your lap during even the slighted turbulence). If they could fix that, then this would be my second favorite J design behind the reverse herringbone Zodiac seats. Be warned though--you definitely wedge yourself to get into the window seats. The egress into the window seat is oddly narrow in width.  Try ordering snacks/drinks directly from the remote--that was one of the distinct services JAL offered that was a novelty to try.

Can't wait to try something new with Korean Air F. Thanks for the pick. Wonder how many times the FA's get the faucet joke with that light.  The only part I'm not thrilled about is that it "suites" appear to be fairly open to the rest of the cabin. CX has a decent wall by your head, but these look pretty open. Nothing that bad or anything, but something I noticed. 

Looking forward to your F Korean Air flight. Most likely will book that for my sept or nov trip. The a380 out of lax. But am tempted to fly their 747-8 biz class Apex suite. But that's out of SFO. And I like flying out of lax .. but will be interested in your thoughts on their F product.

Those newer suites on the 747-8 look fantastic. Despite several F class trips, I've still yet to experience the pleasure of closing my private door on a flight. Also, there's the old-school cool factor of being in the nose of the 747, even if this is the current gen model. I'd eventually like to compare the 747-8 to the A380, but there are only a handful of the 747-8 in passenger flights right now.

• 2 weeks later...

LifeMiles promotion (Star Alliance partner)

Speed up your mileage accrual buying LifeMiles to reach all your goals and dream trips. 

By taking advantage of the Buy 1 get 2 LifeMiles promotion you’ll receive an additional bonus up to the 35% of your purchase to increase your Miles balance. Valid until February 28th, 2017.

Special offer! Since you got our last promotion: Get an extra 10% bonus if you get Buy 1 get 2 miles promo today  

• The bonus percentage apply as follows: for purchases from 1,000 – 50,000 LifeMiles receive 2x1 +10% additional miles, for purchases from 51,000 – 100,000 LifeMiles receive 2x1 + 25% additional miles, for purchases from 101,000 – 200,000 receive 2x1 + 35% additional miles. The bonuses are calculated based on the miles purchased per individual transaction without taking into account the 2x1 bonus.
  • This promotion is exclusive for LifeMiles member that have received this email.
  • The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000.
  • The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1,000 LifeMiles.
  • The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion to receive the bonus showed in the table above is 200,000 LifeMiles if the Member has not purchased miles in 2017 or 200,000 LifeMiles minus the miles previously purchased by the Member in 2017.
  • The Member may purchase miles outside of the limits showed in the table above but in such case the transactions will be processed but no bonuses will be granted.
  • The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member per calendar year outside of this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles (including miles purchased and bonuses received). If the member surpasses the limit, through purchases made during this promotion and other purchases in 2017, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, he or she will not be able to purchase any more miles until the next calendar year.
  • Each package of 1,000 LifeMiles costs USD $33.00 without applicable taxes and USD $40.26* including applicable taxes according to correspondence country registered in the LifeMiles database**
  • Only form of payment through Avianca´s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca´s Information Centers. Other Conditions: The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles accrued to the member´s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction.
  • This promotion applies for miles purchases made between February 15th and February 28th, 2017 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador).
  • The miles purchased and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain the Elite status.
  • The purchase of miles is not reversible or refundable. The purchase of miles is an immediate execution contract. Once the payment is made, the miles will be accrued immediately on the members account. As of that moment the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program. For these reasons the purchase of miles is a contract that cannot be resolved and retraction or similar rights according to applicable law are not applicable.
  • Miles are not endorsable.
  • Miles purchase is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Curacao it is only available through LifeMiles.com and Avianca´s Call Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
  • Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
  • Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
  • LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.
Edited by freedom42
  • Like 1

If I'm reading this promotion right, I came up with the following:

• 99k Lifemiles required for one way F class between North American and South Asia. That's 198k RT. 
  • LIfemiles normally sold in blocks 1,000 for $33 (plus transaction fee and taxes). 
  • Buying 88k Lifemiles would run $2,904 (plus whatever fees & taxes). The bonus would be 88k Lifemiles plus the 25% extra 22k, giving you the 198k required for RT F.

If that is correct, then it is better than AA's current bonus promotion where $2,920 only gets you 129k miles--not even enough for RT J. In fact, the current max purchase and bonus is $4,425 for 192,500 AA miles, not including taxes and fees. That isn't even enough for RT F. I miss US Airway's bonus price structure. 

If I'm reading this promotion right, I came up with the following:

• 99k Lifemiles required for one way F class between North American and South Asia. That's 198k RT. 
  • LIfemiles normally sold in blocks 1,000 for $33 (plus transaction fee and taxes). 
  • Buying 88k Lifemiles would run $2,904 (plus whatever fees & taxes). The bonus would be 88k Lifemiles plus the 25% extra 22k, giving you the 198k required for RT F.

If that is correct, then it is better than AA's current bonus promotion where $2,920 only gets you 129k miles--not even enough for RT J. In fact, the current max purchase and bonus is $4,425 for 192,500 AA miles, not including taxes and fees. That isn't even enough for RT F. I miss US Airway's bonus price structure. 

I come up with $2904 for 198K points. Awardace shows 198K for return F class. I would make sure the routing and dates you want are available before you buy. The points post instantly with your purchase. My last flight using points in J with 4 legs had additional taxes of $160 (2 legs on LH, 2 on AC)

• Like 1

Maybe a bit of a stretch for being on target for this post, but just thought I'd give a PSA that Amex Plat has targeted offers for 20k MR's for $1,000 purchase on Air France's website or app. I noticed it at the very bottom of the offers list on the Amex website after you login. This might be an easy MR pick up for those living in regions where Air France is a viable option.  Just remember to press the "Add to Card' button if interested in it.

SQ J fares at $2k out of LAX to ICN/NRT. That's pretty damn good for you west coast folks. I'd love to book that they a short hop using miles. 

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/singapore-airlines-offers-business-class-seats-at-1999-on-limited-routes/

Had a big let down after trying to book Alaska Air.  Turns out they will let you book a ticket that has no more than one code share on it.   With Cathay being the long haul, that gave no way to touch Seattle via American on the same ticket.

Other heart break is that they won't put a hold on a ticket so that you can go buy miles.

So I just bought one of those cheap Sri Lankan business class tickets, from Dubai to KL, for 600 with a 2 hour layover in Colombo, seemed like a ok deal. Haven't seen any real answers to how there business class is? Anybody? Otherwise I will report next month on how it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just bought one of those cheap Sri Lankan business class tickets, from Dubai to KL, for 600 with a 2 hour layover in Colombo, seemed like a ok deal. Haven't seen any real answers to how there business class is? Anybody? Otherwise I will report next month on how it is

Likely this will be your aircraft on the CMB-KUL leg. https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/SriLankan_Airlines/SriLankan_Airlines_Airbus_320-200.php

DXB-CMB appears to be A333. https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/SriLankan_Airlines/SriLankan_Airlines_Airbus_330-300.php

Nice, thanks for that

This is definitely off topic, but something I think some of you might like to know. 

I've been through HKG on Cathay Pacific quite a few times now and have been lucky to nab F at least 5 RT times. Current typing this from the Wing's F class lounge. The reason for the post is that I've come to realize that the greaters at the front gate often times go by how you're dressed instead of what your lounge card and boarding pass say. Last year, I rolled up and was told that the showers are downstairs and to the right.  Now, I full on know that the F class showers, including cabanas are upstairs, but I figured that because how early it was that they were not open. I took a shower down stairs and then proceeded to go upstairs and saw that those showers are indeed open. Minor issue, but the F class showers are much larger.  Same thing happened this time, except that I saw that the well dressed man in F was immediately pointed upstairs while I was told downstairs. Granted, I was wearing just a soft hoodie and jeans, but I like to fly comfortable. I ended up taking a shower downstairs and proceed to go upstairs where I was given a bit of a hard time before getting into the F class lounge. This is because the greater took my entire card.  

Come to find out, if you're in F, you should get to keep your card for re-entry and that they even stamp it red to separate F from J. They've never done that for me. After some lookup on the computer, they confirmed my class. However, that's fairly poor treatment based off of how one dresses. If you're ever given the same treatment, make sure your point out that you're in F and that you want a cabana.

This is definitely off topic, but something I think some of you might like to know.

I've been through HKG on Cathay Pacific quite a few times now and have been lucky to nab F at least 5 RT times. Current typing this from the Wing's F class lounge. The reason for the post is that I've come to realize that the greaters at the front gate often times go by how you're dressed instead of what your lounge card and boarding pass say. Last year, I rolled up and was told that the showers are downstairs and to the right. Now, I full on know that the F class showers, including cabanas are upstairs, but I figured that because how early it was that they were not open. I took a shower down stairs and then proceeded to go upstairs and saw that those showers are indeed open. Minor issue, but the F class showers are much larger. Same thing happened this time, except that I saw that the well dressed man in F was immediately pointed upstairs while I was told downstairs. Granted, I was wearing just a soft hoodie and jeans, but I like to fly comfortable. I ended up taking a shower downstairs and proceed to go upstairs where I was given a bit of a hard time before getting into the F class lounge. This is because the greater took my entire card.

Come to find out, if you're in F, you should get to keep your card for re-entry and that they even stamp it red to separate F from J. They've never done that for me. After some lookup on the computer, they confirmed my class. However, that's fairly poor treatment based off of how one dresses. If you're ever given the same treatment, make sure your point out that you're in F and that you want a cabana.

Evil. Great info. The Pier F. Is my favorite lounge, nothing better Imo than sipping some Moët Rose While I look out into the tarmac...

Being AA ExP I'm fortunate enough to get entry even for coach ticket. I've noticed 75% of the time flying west to east Cathay upgrades me ..

My usually try to schedule 4 hours at HKIA. My routine is wing F for cabana shower, then walk to gate 63 for F dinner our lunch. Then get a foot massage, drink Moet rose until I get a nice buzz. And if im up for it; get noodles at the pier Biz noodle shop

All the times , I never had an issue with the staff. I typically dress causal for my long haul flights too. Sorry to hear you had issues. But sill imo dress doesn't matter cause I found they upgrade you before they even see you.

In case. I'll go from lounge to gate as they are boarding and when I scan my boarding pass. It beeps and they reissue me my ticket with the upgrade. Most of the time this happens on my hkg to BKK route.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Korean Air first class A380 experience--completely worth it in my opinion. Service was on par, if not better than Cathay or any other Asian carrier. Hard product was better than what I was expecting. Not best in class, but very competitive. The level of detail and ceremony by the FA's was almost making me Blush. You'd think the woman setting up my dining table was setting it up for an emperor. Here is the quick rundown:

Pros:

• Top level service, where it did appear that everyone had a genuine smile. Little touches like salad prep at your seat were pretty cool. A drop of red wine hit my place mat and it looked like the FA was going to cry. They take their job very serious, and it shows in the level and quality of service.
  • Seat does in fact have a motorized privacy wall (the dark wood shell). Goes up almost as high as CX's partial shell. Something you don't hear about in the reviews. See the pic below to see what I'm talking about.
  • Food was pretty good, particularly if you like Korean food. Didn't get to try the western option, so I can't fully comment, but I really liked the Korean dishes. Not for the faint of heart though, as there are side dishes like tiny, dried whole fish. 
  • Monitors were nice and large. Good IFE.
  • Three types of top shelf champagne
  • Turndown service with mattress pad
  • Plenty of storage in three compartments, one of which would take a briefcase sized bag. 2 USB and one traditional power outlet. Real Bose headphones with a normal plug, meaning you could use them for your own devices as well.

Cons:

• 1 Bathroom for 12 F seats. Luckily, we there were only 4 other people in F that day, but I could see this being problematic on full days.
  • Tight, light blue PJ's make you look like a man-child. Not worth keeping.
  • First class "Bar" area is kind of an afterthought. The full J class bar is like a mile away in the upstairs tail of the plane, so I didn't bother.
  • No caviar. Some type of foie gras instead, but oddly I don't like how that tastes on a plane.
  • Unusually large gap between suite shell and window side of plan. Appears they could have make the seat 6-8 inches wider if they wanted to.
  • KAL Lounge in ICN was mediocre at best and only had 2 shower facilities, as far as I could tell. Told me there was a line ahead of me, so I didn't even get a shower during the layover.

20170304_113745.jpg

20170304_094519.jpg

20170304_094702.jpg

20170304_111818.jpg

• Like 2

I've been a big fan of Korean Air given their wide availability in first, but have only flown them a couple of times.  Excellent service!

I freakin' LOVE bibimbap!  

20 minutes ago, footypjman said:

I've been a big fan of Korean Air given their wide availability in first, but have only flown them a couple of times.  Excellent service!

I freakin' LOVE bibimbap!  

That bibimbap was tasty as hell. Although, I wish they had the egg on top.

I already booked my next trip in Aug with them for the return. How easy is this: Found the two leg trip on KE's website after login. Available for two different F class itineraries on the same day. Logged into Chase and transferred 95k for the one-way trip. Points posted immediately (I mean, tabbed back to the KE screen and they were there on refresh). Booked and done with seat selection and confirmation code. Doesn't get smoother than that. 

• Like 2

Guys are there any current miles + bonus deals? I need a business class ticket to Europe from the US and am look for the cheapest way. Saving my existing miles for Thailand. Thx

1 hour ago, bouncewithme said:

Guys are there any current miles + bonus deals? I need a business class ticket to Europe from the US and am look for the cheapest way. Saving my existing miles for Thailand. Thx

Do you have any Delta miles? Just saw this one today:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/03/13/delta-award-sale-6/

On 3/13/2017 at 8:21 AM, Little Evil said:

Had my Korean Air first class A380 experience--completely worth it in my opinion. Service was on par, if not better than Cathay or any other Asian carrier. Hard product was better than what I was expecting. Not best in class, but very competitive. The level of detail and ceremony by the FA's was almost making me blush. You'd think the woman setting up my dining table was setting it up for an emperor. Here is the quick rundown:

Pros:

• Top level service, where it did appear that everyone had a genuine smile. Little touches like salad prep at your seat were pretty cool. A drop of red wine hit my place mat and it looked like the FA was going to cry. They take their job very serious, and it shows in the level and quality of service.
  • Seat does in fact have a motorized privacy wall (the dark wood shell). Goes up almost as high as CX's partial shell. Something you don't hear about in the reviews. See the pic below to see what I'm talking about.
  • Food was pretty good, particularly if you like Korean food. Didn't get to try the western option, so I can't fully comment, but I really liked the Korean dishes. Not for the faint of heart though, as there are side dishes like tiny, dried whole fish. 
  • Monitors were nice and large. Good IFE.
  • Three types of top shelf champagne
  • Turndown service with mattress pad
  • Plenty of storage in three compartments, one of which would take a briefcase sized bag. 2 USB and one traditional power outlet. Real Bose headphones with a normal plug, meaning you could use them for your own devices as well.

Cons:

• 1 Bathroom for 12 F seats. Luckily, we there were only 4 other people in F that day, but I could see this being problematic on full days.
  • Tight, light blue PJ's make you look like a man-child. Not worth keeping.
  • First class "Bar" area is kind of an afterthought. The full J class bar is like a mile away in the upstairs tail of the plane, so I didn't bother.
  • No caviar. Some type of foie gras instead, but oddly I don't like how that tastes on a plane.
  • Unusually large gap between suite shell and window side of plan. Appears they could have make the seat 6-8 inches wider if they wanted to.
  • KAL Lounge in ICN was mediocre at best and only had 2 shower facilities, as far as I could tell. Told me there was a line ahead of me, so I didn't even get a shower during the layover.

20170304_113745.jpg

20170304_094519.jpg

20170304_094702.jpg

20170304_111818.jpg

Great Review- Thanks for that-  I actually did end up booking the KE A380 F for my Nov Trip...  But Booked from LAX-HKG  via ICN..  I did this to save the 15K miles haha.  I will just take a cheap flight from HKG to BKK on CX or Dragon Air  so I can use their F Pier lounge....   Havent booked my return yet,  but will most likely book the KE 747 Biz class to SFO since they have the Apex Suites...  But looking forward to this F product...   Perrier-Jouet is not Krug... but I will take it..    CX is in big trouble financially and their service and food are showing it..    I have a paid PEY ticket with them in Sept- Just to keep me ExP status with AA for the year...

Looking forward to me QR Biz A380 Experience in two months ...  see how QRJ/ biz compares to KE F...   I flew KE years ago before I got in the mileage game on their Economy a380 and thought it was the most comfy long haul economy ever....  So when I went to book my award ticket- was happy to see that I had 11K miles in my account ..

The KE lounge at LAX sucks too... and you just confirmed that their ICN lounge sucks as well...  Think They have a Priority Pass Lounge in ICN that is better then their lounge.. which is a shame.  Again thanks for the review ? Any other ones coming up?

my llong hauls are:

May:  AA/J LAX-HKG-BKK  (77W)

June:  QR J   BKK-DOHA-LAX  (A380-777-200LR)

July  QR J    LAX-DOH BKK     (777-200LR-773)  Praying the Q Suites will be on this 773 but doubtful

Sept CX PEY Class-    LAX-HKG-BKK   (77W & A350)

Nov  KE F    LAX-ICN-HKG

Nov Return-  Either KE J on 747  or  CX F  (If seat avail)

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:03 AM, freedom42 said:

United promotion that started today.

Flash sale: For just 4 days, get a bonus of up to 60,000 additional miles when you buy miles to use for your next award trip, upgrades and more. 

Don’t wait — this offer ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 9, 2017. 

Buy 5,000 - 14,000 miles | Get up to 2,800 bonus miles
Buy 15,000 - 29,000 miles | Get up to 11,600 bonus miles
Buy 30,000 - 90,000 miles | Get up to 60,000 bonus miles

Great opportunity..pending one's situation.  They just started another one-good until April 9th I think.  Scoped out my ticket and it was the usual 2000 USD range + the additional manila to Bkk leg.  Scoped it out using award travel, 22.5K each way, total 45K.  Took advantage of the 75% bonus, bought total of 57K miles for 1100 USD, so gave me about a 900 USD savings.  I am using rounded numbers, just saying, scope it all out-it could be a great deal.

Also, the main point of topic in mileage cards is good info too.  Thanks fellas. 

• Like 1