Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Long Haul Business Class for under $2K (Long Post)

Little Evil

Damn!  I missed the boat on this one!

Air Canada was giving 7,500 miles for a $100 donation to Miles4Migrants, with a max of 75,000 miles.  It was unclear whether it was tax deductible, but I was going to take a chance and max out with a $1000 donation.

Sadly, when I went to the page, they had already exhausted the miles available, so the program has ended....it lasted less than 4 days! 555

I was worried I made a stupid decision by buying Alaska miles to top up my account, but it just paid off today!

I was snooping around on AwardTool and found a great flight next May - StarLux from LAX to BKK; late night departure on a Friday night for only 85k Alaska miles.  I jumped on it.

Then I scrolled down on AwardTool and saw an itinerary with a connection from LAS for the same price.  Too late for me to change, but I called Alaska and the rep (who was great) was able to build in LAS-LAX for no additional miles.

GOTTA love it!

Heading in a little early, but that gives me a holiday when I am there (Memorial Day here; Spring Bank holiday in the UK).

Not my usual time to go to Pattaya, but I'll turn the big 6-0 while there.  Fuck....it hurt to type that!

Now I start the process of trying to find a good return.  Still a little too far out for most airlines.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Not my usual time to go to Pattaya, but I'll turn the big 6-0 while there.  Fuck....it hurt to type that!

Now I start the process of trying to find a good return.  Still a little too far out for most airlines.

Best 6-0 present you can get yourself is to not get the return :) 

Edited by Just Browsing
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

Best 6-0 present you can get yourself is to not get the return :) 

I wish!  555

Then again, 11 months is a LONG ways away....who knows what my situation will be?

• Like 1

Has anyone else ever had this issue with Qatar?

I'm seeing award space for 95k OW (very hard to find), so I lock it in and try to book it.

I go all the way through and enter my payment info for the taxes and fees.

I then get a screen that says they are processing my payment and not to shutdown or hit "back."  After 20+ minutes, it's still on that screen and it never books.

Very frustrating not only because of the waste of time, but also because that flight itinerary then shows up as either unavailable or as a "Flex" award, which requires double the Avios miles.

It wasn't that great of an itinerary, but I still want to try QSuites (only had it from DOH-LAX) AND I like to use miles from programs where I have a chunk just sitting there.

59 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Has anyone else ever had this issue with Qatar 

I've been with Qatar some Yrs and hold Platinum status. Web site is often shite and only yesterday trying to book it was throwing up glitches.

I ended up using contact number and booking on phone with Agent.

Many times trying to use points or keys it holds me as it did you then bounce me back out meaning I start again only to find upgrade gone or more points.

I am not as you Guys using points to book it paid fare and points amassed through travelling with Qatar I refer.

Plain fact is the Web Site is often shit and throws up numerous hurdles at times deliberate or not who knows

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I was worried I made a stupid decision by buying Alaska miles to top up my account, but it just paid off today!

I was snooping around on AwardTool and found a great flight next May - StarLux from LAX to BKK; late night departure on a Friday night for only 85k Alaska miles.  I jumped on it.

Then I scrolled down on AwardTool and saw an itinerary with a connection from LAS for the same price.  Too late for me to change, but I called Alaska and the rep (who was great) was able to build in LAS-LAX for no additional miles.

GOTTA love it!

Heading in a little early, but that gives me a holiday when I am there (Memorial Day here; Spring Bank holiday in the UK).

My visit next year is my 7-0.  Way worse than 6-0.  I was still a handsome man back then.  😄

• Haha 2