Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

flipper lodge,soi 8,renovated rooms,wing B .

farangdee

stayed in flipper lodge soi 8,2 year ago .

last year due to renovations ,i stayed in flipper house ,soi 7.

anyone stayed in the renuwed superior rooms in wing B?

on there website i see the carpet has been replaced with wooden floor, looks great.

find it more clean than with carpetfloor. 

I just checked out of wing B on soi 8. Not superior room (suite?) but the deluxe I think. It was nice, no carpet. Nice free brunch buffet till 13:00. Moved over to buakao area though bc cheaper and in my opinion, just as nice. If you like soi 7 and 8 though, it's prime!

i like the area of soi 7&8 ,been going there for years .

first sunshine hotel and the past years flippergroup hotels.

i like  that its close to busy bahtbus routes .

will go in august to flipper lodge .

walkinn promotion for lowseason makes 14 days pay 10 days .

that makes the renovated superior rooms in B wing around 1250 baht (normal price 1700).

thats about my limit ,if thoose rooms not available when i go there i look for alternatives.

sabai lodge soi 2 ,most likely.

in soi buakhao ,sutus court 1 seems good also.

but  i prefer hotels near  beachroad and 2th road.cant wait to get there now. 

• 3 weeks later...

yes , i see on there site now.

they gave also special offer in sabai wing during the period i am there . (july -august)

studio rooms for 1000 baht (without breakfast). great price .

what do you prefer then exsucker ,flipper lodge or sabai wing?

probably best to stay some time in both ,like you did.

thanks for info.

• 9 months later...

I just checked out of wing B on soi 8. Not superior room (suite?) but the deluxe I think. It was nice, no carpet. Nice free brunch buffet till 13:00. Moved over to buakao area though bc cheaper and in my opinion, just as nice. If you like soi 7 and 8 though, it's prime!

After renovation, have safe box in room?

flipper house my favorite cant say enough about this hotel every thing you want hoping to make it in june-july  pay 10 stay 14 nights same-same

Stayed in both last April no problems what so ever, the breakfast up to lunchtime is perfect.

Flipper Lodge had carpets in our Superior room, no much of a view in either.

Do prefer Flipper House but a change is as good as a rest.

After renovation, have safe box in room?

yes, the renovated rooms I have stayed in had in room safes...

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of staying at Flipper lodge or Flipper House in July/August.

is it GF and how is their WIFi? And are the balconies nice enough to smoke a ciggy after doing the deed? :)

the rooms I have had did not have balconies...  stayed twice, in the renovated rooms with in room safes, they are very nice and the wifi was fine, although they charged a little bit for it... not a lot, so I didn't mind...

totally girl friendly...

this is Flipper Lodge on soi 8, I enjoyed my stay there but I need bigger rooms because I have gotten into LLT with two girls...  

:GoldenSmile1:

Stayed in Flipper Lodge wing B during Songkran last month, the room was good (with that price, booked through agoda), but no safe box in room......

Girl friendly, good location, easy to find place to eat. 

Photo:

post-135998-0-53823600-1399370184_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-43456100-1399370229_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-06568000-1399370296_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-23679500-1399370335_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-53729100-1399370544_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-88176400-1399370592_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-63064600-1399370639_thumb.jpg

post-135998-0-60186900-1399370703_thumb.jpg

If WS is your area, Honey Lodge is now also fully renovated. Nice pool,about 1100 a night and soooo close to WS yet quiet.

they ask 1600baht for renovated rooms in low season

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused. There are all these wings at Flipper. Which are the renovated ones with safes?

flipper LODGE, B wing, 5th floor has nice rooms with safes...  have stayed in two rooms on that floor, both quite nice and modern... stayed one night in other wing with no safe, room was tattered...

they could very easily have gotten more floors/rooms updated since my visit, but the 5th floor on the B building was done, and again, quite nice.

flipper LODGE, B wing, 5th floor has nice rooms with safes... have stayed in two rooms on that floor, both quite nice and modern... stayed one night in other wing with no safe, room was tattered...

they could very easily have gotten more floors/rooms updated since my visit, but the 5th floor on the B building was done, and again, quite nice.

Thanks, How do I book these specific rooms?

Thanks, How do I book these specific rooms?

http://www.flipperhotels.com  has all their contact info

I lucked out the first stay, second stay they stuck me in a shit room for first night but moved me to a good one the second night because I demanded it... they don't have balconies, btw, at least the ones I have stayed in don't...  

incredibly great location.

Can someone please clarify which is Wing A and which is Wing B? Not clear from website.

One wing uses the lifts on the right after the steps from reception. Some rooms look out onto Soi 8,

The other wing uses the lifts near the restaurant up another flight of steps from the first lift.

I think the former is Wing A and the latter (with the renovated rooms) is Wing B. Am I right?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

the closest elevator to lobby is wing A

you are correct.

I never noticed a restaurant by the B elevators, is there one up there??  all I know is the one off the lobby for bkfst...

Thanks for that.

It's a very long time since I stayed there but there was a restaurant near the other lifts. Go up the first steps, pass the first lifts, turn left, go up the second steps, straight ahead past the second lot of lifts was the restaurant. I ate there a few times but was usually the only customer! Maybe they've turned it into something else?

I always used to get one of the rooms at the end of the corridor on 4th or 5th floor on the police station side as they were quiet.

Thanks for that.

It's a very long time since I stayed there but there was a restaurant near the other lifts. Go up the first steps, pass the first lifts, turn left, go up the second steps, straight ahead past the second lot of lifts was the restaurant. I ate there a few times but was usually the only customer! Maybe they've turned it into something else?

I always used to get one of the rooms at the end of the corridor on 4th or 5th floor on the police station side as they were quiet.

Changed into more rooms in 2003 !!

last year in august had a renovated superior room in wing B.

wing B is on left side,go past security desk  then around the corner left where beatyshop is.

when you go ahead you have short  stairs up toward wing B.

first level (above carpark) has long corridor with rooms.(left side street view)

at beginning  stairs ,elevator(under repairs when i was there) .

i stayed on third floor in a superior B room, great clean rooms.

no  safe in my room ,had to go to safes behind reception desk, in think only higher grade rooms like suites have the roomsafe.

see on there website the superior B rooms have may-octobre promotion again   now 1360 baht ,normal price 1700 baht.

i love low season. :ThumbUp6:

Changed into more rooms in 2003 !!

LOL!

It's true what they say, time does seem to go more quickly as you get older. Doesn't seem that long since I was in the Flipper Lodge (it was my regular place for a decade) but just worked out the last time I stayed there was 2001!

It got a bit run down and the pool started leaking into the rooms below. Understand this is still a problem!

Archived