IGNORED

need a hotel in bkk, central location

onthego

Im looking for a hotel in bkk for 3-4 days, as I've got some meetings there. dont need anything fancy, just a place which is clean, safe, and adjacent to the train lines (skytrain, bts).

any suggestions?

TIA

Hi Tia

Can you be any more specific re "central"? Bangkok doesnt really have one "centre" it has several. If you mean close to the Nana areas these are the most booked hotels by PA members in Bangkok.

The Dawin

Majestic Suites

Heaven@4

Citadines (Sukhumvit Soi 8 one).

Ambassador

Of these The Dawin is by far the most booked.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

At orbitz.com there's a great promotion for Arcadia Suites right now, where you can get a 1 Bedroom suite for 67 $ (using discount code ORB4JK9L), including breakfast and wifi.

The hotel is located at Soi Nai Lert within 5 minutes walk of Ploenchit skytrain station.

Or book a Studio Deluxe at Phachara Suites at Soi 4/Soi 6 for 68 $ (same discount code), also including breakfast and wifi

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

President palace, Sukhumvit Soi 11. Excellent hotel, close to BTS, walking distance to nana.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

S Sukhumvit Suites at Asoke, on Sukhumvit road, right next to the BTS, just round the corner from Soi Cowboy. About 2,100 baht per night, rooms good if a little small, great location. Staff helpful and friendly.

DYNASTY INN SOI 4. SPITTING DISTANCE TO NANA PLAZA AND ALL THE BARS OF SOI 4 .

DYNASTY INN SOI 4. SPITTING DISTANCE TO NANA PLAZA AND ALL THE BARS OF SOI 4 .

Dynasty Inn is located at Soi 6 ... and imho not a good hotel

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Siam Inn on the corner of Soi 8 and Sukhumvit Road. The escalator up to Nana BTS is right at the end of the Soi opposite the front door of the hotel.  1000B a night for quite decent room.  Great pub in Soi 8, Tapas Bar, Lolitas Blowjob bar, 5 mins walk up to Nana, walk over Nana BTS to soi 7/1 and soi 7 Biergarten. Walk down to Insomnia later...

Perfect location. Make sure room is facing Soi 8...

Just walk in, they will have a room.  On8 up the soi a little bit if Siam is miraculously full. 

Dynasty Inn is located at Soi 6 ... and imho not a good hotel

The Dynasty Inn IS on Soi 4. Dynasty Inn Grande is on Soi 6.

I'm a fan of the DIG, I find the rooms to be very clean and cosy, with extremely comfortable beds. It's not the cheapest but they usually do some decent discounts if you are staying 3 or more days.

• 2 years later...

In Bangkok, I used to stay around Sukumvit Soi 11 for years.  Then for more than 10 years I was able to stay with a Thai friend near Wong Sawang neighborhood.

I learned to much prefer hanging with locals as opposed to crazy and often disgusting tourists around Nana to Asoke area of Sukumvit.  Last year, I stayed at President Solitaire which is a 10 minute walk from Suk deep into Soi 11.  While the hotel is old, its decently maintained and quiet compared to hotels closer to Skytrain.  Reasonably priced for a plush room, they also consistently upgrade you to multi room suite with jacuzzi and kitchenette. I was able to book on Orbitz which was convenient.

Dude asks questions and doesnt bother to return. What the Fk...

As many already mention go for Dynasty Grande on Soi 6, just a iron 7 to Nana.

This trip I book at ALT, the  Jr suite for 1,800 bath look great at the homepage just 5 min from the action.

http://www.altnana.com/

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

thanks all for the reply.

Have to the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 and it was good value for money.

Next time might try the Dynasty Grande just next to it.

Cheers

Jomtien rentals: https://goo.gl/ZNMhVn

Archived