IGNORED

The Golden Ville - Boutique Living

Raw Deal

I've started this topic to ask your opinions about this place if you've stayed here before.

Like I did for my earlier trip, I will post a review on the place in a fortnight when I stay there.

Yes I stayed there last year found it very good ,out of the way off 2 road ,take room with balcony ,clean and very friendly staff ,motorcycle parking and right in the middle of town ,booking again for April ,one of my better places.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Raw Deal yeah I stayed at the Golden Ville the Xmas before last. Overall not a bad place but I probably wouldn't book it again.

Pros - Handy location, clean, motor bike taxis right outside

Cons - Bed was not the best, towels getting thin, no pool, shower wets the whole bathroom.

JD

Ok, here's a short review of this place. I stayed here 2 nights - 17th and 18th March. Had booked using the hotel website instead of Agoda as their website states no charges for guests only if booked through their hotel site. Was charged 2500B for two nights. The overall booking process was smooth and efficient.

This hotel is located on 2nd road opposite Pattaya Marriott and next to Royal Twins hotel. From outside the hotel looks nicely done with fresh colour and decent decor. The horror for me was the room that I was assigned. I had requested a King / Queen size bed (does not make sense to sleep on separate beds with a LT barfine - I am sure fellow BMs will agree). The room I was assigned was in short (no pun intended) meant only for midgets. Look, I am not a very tall guy...6ft....and the room was 7ft in height.....so it meant I couldn't even wear a Tshirts without sitting down on the bed or the floor for that matter. I felt like I was domesticated in a cage. Went back down to the reception and told them my predicament...they said thats the only they have available and can given me the 'golden room' for another 1100B (for two nights). Better than living in a cage.......ok no problem. paid up. So heads-up...dont stay on the 2nd floor....aparently all rooms on that floor have a low ceiling....they've tried to fit an additional floor by reducing the height per floor....genious!

The Golden room was better with a balcony...looking up on the Royal Twins hotel. It seems the bathrooms in all the rooms as pretty basic...and they are small to say the least. The water splashes into the bedroom as the doors are completely useless. There's also a ladder kept in the room, could not figure out why....maybe to climb down from the balcony incase of fire!

But not everything is hopeless here - there's free internet and coffee.....the reception retains the girls ID and calls you to check if everythings ok before giving it back to her and the girls at the reception are a good laugh.

In summary, for 3600B you can get way better accommodation than this.....save your hard-earned buck spend it somewhere else. A few photos of the midget room.

103_1997.JPG

103_1999.JPG

103_1996.JPG

• 9 months later...

I stayed at golden ville boutique 7 night on march 2013 and a it's a good place to stay. Very quietly area with motorbike taxi at few meters. The receptionnist girl is cute and the receptionnist man at night was very friendly. Guest friendly hotel. Your guestgirl have to drop off his ID card at the receptinnist and when she went out, she take it back. Then the receptionnist call you by phone to check if everything is ok. i really enjoy my stay in that hotel.

• 2 months later...

Stayed there on February for several nights. Booked room with balcony but ended up to stay in similar room without a balcony.

I try to cut long story short. Booking is handled by hotels 2 Thailand travel agent (via golden ville webpage) and funny thing is that you have to pay the booking before they confirm room availability! (first warning which I ignored) Next day I received confirmation regarding 2 rooms with balcony for 4 nights. That was around one month before check in.

2 days before check in, I received email from hotels 2 Thailand that Golden Ville doesn't have rooms with balcony available anymore. They offer similar room same rate than with balcony (should be 300baht cheaper) but now including daily free massage. I told them that room is fine but they have to refund this 300baht difference as I don't want to have that massage they offered. Now still waiting for my refund. 4 nights x 2 rooms is only about 2400baht but I'm going to fight for it.

Most probably they got better booking request for balcony room and longer period of time so they chose us to downgrade into cheaper room with same room fare. Only reason I didn't use Agoda is this warning in Golden Ville webpage:
"No Joiner charge.** ** In case of booking directly through the hotel website only."

Not sure if this is BS..

Will let you know if I ever got refund from group called hotels 2 Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived