IGNORED

best hotel in soi buahkaew

asiansun

katesiree house,  newley built, rooms are out of this world, large plasma screen mounted on wall,  tastefull decor etc.  

hi season prices 3 weeks ago were 800 a night.  couldnt beat it with a big stick and was one of the best places ever i have stayed in buahkaew area.

friendly staff too which makes any stay worthwhile.   do not get this katesiree mixed up with the other katesiree up beside LK Metro,  the rooms in that place are the pits and the staff are the worst straight faced lazy biatches i have ever came across in my life in thailand .

cheap drink though   :GoldenSmile1:

I can't find anything on the Internet about this 'other' Katesiree, only bad reviews of the original. Can you give more details or a link?

katesiree house, just 2 doors away from 18 coins lower end soi bukaew...its brand new so maybe no info on it on web yet.   as i said before, ive never stayed in a better place  !!!!  for the price, you would expect to pay 2000 baht    a nite if you seen the rooms , for sure 

katesiree house, just 2 doors away from 18 coins lower end soi bukaew...its brand new so maybe no info on it on web yet.   as i said before, ive never stayed in a better place  !!!!  for the price, you would expect to pay 2000 baht    a nite if you seen the rooms , for sure 

Hi Guys

Just to avoid any confusion here between Katesiree House and the new one.

The new hotel is called Katesiree Residence and there contact number is (038) 488 0023

Understand it's much better than Katesiree House although being new is a little more expensive at 800 bt per night or 24,000 bt per month, hope this helps .

Hi Guys

Just to avoid any confusion here between Katesiree House and the new one.

The new Hotel is called Katesiree Residence and there contact number is (038) 488 0023

Understand it's much better than Katesiree House although being new is a little more expensive at 800 bt per night or 24,000 bt per month, hope this helps .

have you the hotels email address ? 

Dayo...

also would like some info on this hotel, before i book for my trip. 

how many rooms would you say it had?

pool?

balcony?

any info would be great

cheers

also would like some info on this hotel, before i book for my trip. 

how many rooms would you say it had?

pool?

balcony?

any info would be great

cheers

Hi Guys

As yet have not come across a website for the new Katesiree Residence hotel only

the old website for Katesiree House which we all know about.

Here is a review in respect of Awesome a member of another forum.

I'm currently staying here. it's only been opened just over a month. Currently staying in a 800baht per night room.

3 types of rooms here Small medium and large and prices are 600-800-1000

they said the bigger rooms are for families i'm guessing that means 2

beds?

hotel itself is very nicely fitted out. king size bed cable tv wifi and

flat screen tv. it actually reminds me of the dawin hotel in bangkok.

very similar inside.

Only downside here is no lift/elevator. I'm statying on the 3rd floor which is really 2nd floor if that makes sense.

Also the steps. well I'm bad at the best of times because I have 1 leg a

bit shorter then the other but in true thai style they never get the

step gaps the same so the first and last steps on each floor are not

perfectly the same as other steps so if your not careful you could trip

over.

overall though it's a very reasonably priced brand new hotel and once

your inside you would think 800 baht is an absolute steal. it is across

the road from the big medical centre only 100 or so meters away from the

soi diana cluster fuck intersection towards pattaya tai.

I like that it's like the Dawin - my favourite hotel in Nana, but I don't like the idea of walking up and down several flights of stairs, carrying luggage etc. But if it's that nice inside it might be worth it (if I could guarantee a lower floor).

I like that it's like the Dawin - my favourite hotel in Nana, but I don't like the idea of walking up and down several flights of stairs, carrying luggage etc. But if it's that nice inside it might be worth it (if I could guarantee a lower floor).

Remember sinbad5 you won't be carrying luggage up and down the stairs everyday.

Only normaly on check-in and check-out you have to worry about luggage up the stairs.

My legs are not that good and i struggle with stairs especially after a night out.

I have already booked a hotel in soi lengkee for my May/June trip but will certainly be having

a look at Katesiree Residence just a minute or so away it looks goods but no pool.

It's such a noisy place.  Soi Buakao.  Does anyone know of a quiet place?

yeah.......try siberia     :GoldenSmile1:   if you dont like soi buakao then try over the dark side, east pattaya, across sukumvit road,  lots of quiet soi,s , accomodation, bars etc over there.

It's such a noisy place.  Soi Buakao.  Does anyone know of a quiet place?

My first visit to pattaya was 1987 stayed at island view hotel then moved on to North pattaya

for 10 stays at the beloved now gone Beach View hotel during the 90's

It was not until 2002 that with the help of my best friend here in pattaya that i came across

soi baukaow and i have stayed here ever since and i have had the best of my hol's here.

Yes, soi baukaow can be noisy over the main road, i stay mainly in the soi's off the main road

in soi baukaow like the popular China Garden for one.

Soi Baukaow has everything i want without having to go to expensive Walking Street or soi's 7&8

I love soi baukaow and now will not stay anywhere else.

Nice rooms but no windows apart from the rooms at the front then you got the noise...I cant live in a room without a window , just doesnt feel right. I stay in Rcon Ocean Blue . It has a small pool and an elevator and providing you get the rooms furthest away from the soi and facing south away from the new bars it is perfect . I pay 12990 PM and electric and water , and it has windows and a balcony. check it out on google.

I'm with Pietro on this one, I also like Chaba hut, great gardens and very peaceful little place, not noisy and can relax there

I stayed at Rcon  Residence Dec - Jan it has  elevator, aircon , room safe ,balcony it is central and clean only drawbacks  very small bathroom no pool

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at Rcon  Residence Dec - Jan it has  elevator, aircon , room safe ,balcony it is central and clean only drawbacks  very small bathroom no pool

Did they have wifi ?

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

yes wi fi in room and free wifi in bar downstairs

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some photos of the small 600 baht room from Katesiree Residence :-

kr4pg.jpg

kr3pg.jpg

kr5pg.jpg

kr1jpg.jpg

krjpg.jpg

I stayed here for a week in March as my usual guesthouse was fully booked. The room was small with no windows apart from the ventilation window in the shower room. Fixtures and fittings were pretty good quality, the shower is really good, hot water and nice pressure. The wifi worked really well , I could stream movies and use skype, no problem. The TV picture was excellent, and seemed to have a lot of sport channels, if you like that sort of thing. The safe is the type with the motorized bolts, which seem to be a bit more secure than the manual ones.

Downstairs is a bar with the usual Katesiree benefits of  cheap drinks :) It also has an open kitchen area , where you can watch your food being prepared, prices are very reasonable, ie green curry +rice + water was 125 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, there is a lot of confusion over the location of Katesiree Residences on the Internet.  They are always pointing to the location of Katesiree House, I think, near LK Metro.  I have never stayed on Soi Baukaow but on my next visit, I think I will try out some of the hotels there, including Katesiree Residence and Chaba Hut if I can ever find them.  Someone mentioned that Katesiree Residence is two doors down from 18 Coins Inn so I might start from there.  At least the Internet shows the right location for 18 Coins Inn.  I might stay the first two nights at Pattaya Bay Resort, giving me time to check out the hotels on Soi Baukaow and perhaps concentrate on the bar scene in that area.  Katesiree Residence looks nice and the price is right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gday. Stayed at Nature View on Soi Bua Khao

A few times it,s level to arcade shopping cntr  with small road leading to it. Good rooms, pool, etc you can find on net to book

pay on arrival not on hotel sites as far as I know.

Archived