IGNORED

Bangkok before Pattaya

PatrickBateman

Im heading to Pattaya in March for two weeks with a couple of mates, We are planning to stay in either the areca lodge hotel or see me spring, we are basically looking for nice clean rooms close to the action, are these good choices? any other ideas?

The plan is to spend 2 nights in Bangkok on the way in. We are looking at spending a bit of money on these nights and getting a 5 star hotel, one of those Agoda specials. Is there any particular area in Bangkok that is best to stay? All i really remember from my last time in BKK is the huge MBK shopping centre and soi cowboy. Im guessing we can get a taxi/limo service to take us to Pattaya directly from the hotel.

Thanks

So whats your actual question lol.

We are planning to stay in either the Areca Lodge hotel or see me spring

These are about 3 mins walk from eachother and more of a less central to most things, can't go wrong with either although I've never stayed at either they are decent hotels

Is there any particular area in Bangkok that is best to stay?

I would stay close to Nana loads of hotels surrounding.

Im guessing we can get a taxi/limo service to take us to Pattaya directly from the hotel.

Scrap the 'special hotel' and jump in this http://www.devilsdenvipbus.com

OP you will regret the 2 nights in BKK if this is your first time to Pattaya (srs) prepare your angus

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

My suggestion on a place to stay would be fraser suites on soi 11. That will put you right next door to Qbar and Bed supper club in addition to lots of up and coming bar venues such as Oskar and at the same time puts you right in between soi cowboy and Nana. I lived in this place for a year and its a top notch place. In addition to huge well appointed rooms with kitchen and balconies they are very guest friendly and never batted an eyelid whether I was bringing 1 or 10 through the lobby. The guy at the door would just smile politely and whoever was at the lobby desk would usually not even look up unless you approached them. If I did not have my own place in Bkk I would still be staying there. PM me if you want some Bkk tips on anything from Naughty places to good after hours, sports bars or food etc. I have 5 years experience in Bkk and my ex gf's family owns most of the after hours places in Bangers.

He who dies with the best stories wins!

anywhere on sukhumvit between soi 4 nana and soi 23 cowboy near asoke junction.

many good Agoda deals via pattaya addicts in the bangkok hotel section.

do book for 2 people and check they are guest friendly ie no outrageous charge for taking company back to your room.

As stated above, any place on or near Sukhumvit between Soi 4 and Soi 23 (closer to, or on, Soi 4 is closer to Nana and not far from Cowboy). If you really want a quite expensive, but very nice, hotel, the Landmark on Sukhumvit is well located (but, as I said, expensive, and I don't know how girl-friendly it is).

In Bangkok, my feeling is that the best mongering activity is the Soapies near the Huai Khwang MRT station (about 4 stops north of the Sukhumvit station which is very near Soi Cowboy - right next to the Asok BTS station). In my opinion, the soapies in BKK are better than those in Pattaya, but everything else (GoGo's, etc.) is better (and a bit cheaper) in Pattaya. Another good option in BKK are some of the "Oily" massage parlors such as Mango or Snow White.

Bakwan

There are some nice hotels on Soi 6 - Dynasty Grande, Grande Sukhumvit, Phachara Suites that are 4*.

The Landmark and Marriott are on Sukhumvit and just around the corner from Nana and are 5*.

If you stay at the Dynasty Bangkok and book into the Pattaya one you get a free limo transfer. Soi 13 is a great place for a newbie in Patts as it so central. Easy to get ro WS, Soi Diana and the baht buses.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

If you stay at the Dynasty Bangkok and book into the Pattaya one you get a free limo transfer. Soi 13 is a great place for a newbie in Patts as it so central. Easy to get ro WS, Soi Diana and the baht buses.

Cheers mate, any recommendations on where to stay on soi 13? re BKK we are probably going to get one of those 50% off deals on Agoda so will have to organise a transfer from wherever we end up.

Apart from the Landmark and Marriot, the other hotels are not 5 star, try the five-star Grand Millennium Sukhumvit , girl friendly, and right close to Cowboy, the baths are so big you could drown in them. You can sometimes get here for B3500 on Agoda,.

http://www.millenniu...khumvitbangkok/

Couple of points here

Close to Nana here are my personal options.

First choice - The Dawin - On Soi Nana, very nice, new and not so expensive.Often fuly booked but try it.

Second - Landmark - Sukhumvit close to Nana BTS more expensive but worth it if you can afford it.

Third - Heaven@4 - On Soi Nana, reasonable prices, small rooms but very modern boutique style.

Fourth - Woraburi - on Soi Nana. Budget hotel, small rooms but good value. I always stay here if in BKK just one night as the room size doesnt bother me for short stays. VASTLY superior to The Nana hotel and other similar priced places.

Pattaya

It is worth pointing out that after falling from favour over the peak of high season Areca Lodge is now, once again, the 2nd most booked hotel in Pattaya from February on by Addicts members. Page 10 is still the most popular.

If you can afford them the most popular 5 star hotel over high season was the Dusit Barraquda

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Cheers mate, any recommendations on where to stay on soi 13? re BKK we are probably going to get one of those 50% off deals on Agoda so will have to organise a transfer from wherever we end up.

Soi 10 is also a good option. Page 10, Sea Me, Sea Me 2 and a couple of other new places.

Sea Me is very easy to get around on the baht bus as its in between both routes. You won't be walking from Sea Me to Walking Street.

Both of their buildings have a nice pool on the roof with great views, and room service is not expensive.

• 2 years later...

i stayed at the woraburi 2 nights. not bad, the pool is on the fifth floor, small but very nice. get the deal with breakfast buffet otherwise it is 200 baht per person. boss suites is just down the road, maybe $20 extra a night....

Grande Millennium in BKK would get my vote for best hotel .

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

I always stay at the majestic grand - it is a really plush hotel and short walk from nana. In fact I've walked to pat pong and Soi cowboy from there but it's a bit of a hike. It also has a really nice pool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived