IGNORED

budget hotels

kramxoc

I'm going to Pattaya 19th January 2013 for 10 days. Please may I have some suggestions for a guest-friendly budget hotel (with aircon, hot showers and wifi) within Central Pattaya. Also what prices (GBP / THB) can I expect to pay in Januaryand can I just arrive/walk-in and book room? I have searched for Pattaya hotels on-line but I would rather have expert advice from those that truly know Pattaya.

Yours gratefully,

Kramxoc

Eastiny Bella Vista Between Soi 7 and Soi 8. Price about 900 BTH / night, but I am not sure have WiFi.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

V&M Terrace hotel, Soi Buakhao near Central Road, 750 baht / day, guest-friendly

+66 38 428704

62/11 Moo 10 Soi Buakhao Pattaya 20260

may be in January hard to get a good budget-hotel in good location without booking in advance

Girls, guys and couples, no matter straight or bi, who are looking for traditional partners, swinger, groups, 3somes, and a variety of other alternative partners are invited to join our community: http://www.getlaidinasia.com

sutus court soi buakao less than a 1000 bt a night. Has an old wing an a new wing.

their are a few vids on utube (sorry cant do links)

Better to book in high season at least for the first few days. "you won't want to be walking around jet lagged looking for a room"

TEL-066(0)38428632-3

EMAIL-www.sutuscourt.com

They are pretty good at ansering emails. They anserd mine the same day.

or book through Agoda (use the link on the foram. it helps pa)

i enjoyed my stay at the duan nam ing hotel on soi buakao,check it out on trip advisor,good pool as well well as good prices

We have room 6B available for your dates but you will have to book it as it will soon be snapped up like many of the better rooms in this area at that time.

6B has a separate bedroom and lounge, large flat screen TV, DVD player, all the normal amenities, see the website for more details.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Prices will start from 450b, but would be more reasonnable to get something around 650b to 1000b.

Some guesthouses are popular (see post just above) and require prior booking because many customers already know the sure value they will get there and book in advance to be sure to get a room.

Other places are less popular, and have always available rooms any time of the year, any time of the day/night, and you can just walk in and ask.

However, I've got problem with a new BM who just join the board, make a first post without even saying hello, and ask straight to give advices on rooms as if we were a booking agency.

have a look at the china garden hotel....good wifi ....aircon ...great walk in shower...plus building only 1 year old.....rate is 800 baht

I am staying since almost 2 months at the Sutus Court in Soi Bhuakao.

New wing (brand new) 850 baht, section 2 650 baht, section 3 and 4 - 500 baht.

good room, free wifi, great pool and even greater jaccuzzi, very central location, very GF, excellent transportation to North or South with 10 baht bus, plenty gogo bars, beerbars, 7 elevens all around the hotel.

walk in prices (above) are generally 50 baht cheaper than Agoda.

I am staying since almost 2 months at the Sutus Court in Soi Bhuakao.

New wing (brand new) 850 baht, section 2 650 baht, section 3 and 4 - 500 baht.

good room, free wifi, great pool and even greater jaccuzzi, very central location, very GF, excellent transportation to North or South with 10 baht bus, plenty gogo bars, beerbars, 7 elevens all around the hotel.

walk in prices (above) are generally 50 baht cheaper than Agoda.

Is this the place on the left as you are heading towards say Tuk Com approx 50 metres past 10 coins guest house (??) on your right hand side?

have a look at the china garden hotel....good wifi ....aircon ...great walk in shower...plus building only 1 year old.....rate is 800 baht

China Garden is a good place, i used to stay 4 nights there in Feb 2012 but it's not my favorite place anymore now because of what happened for my last booking 2 months ago...I had booked again for 12 nights there and i wanted to cancel 2 nights the day before i was going to check in...I had sent an email to the boss Ian and told him about my cancellation and that i was going to pay for those 2 cancelled nights so that he would be paid my whole booking and as a result he would be able to accept an other booking request from someone else...

He replied to me the following : "I have been informed by Tik our manager that a "no show" for a room has been logged against your name, its a standing rule that all future bookings for that guest are cancelled and no new bookings accepted. I have asked Tik to check the records and find out the dates you allegedly did not arrive for a booking. I know you have stayed with us before and there has never been a problem but we have a growing list of people who have made bookings and failed to arrive which costs us financially, from here it looks like the China Garden is fully booked."

When i arrived at the China that sunday evening the reception lady told me no room booked for me ! WTF ?! I moved to one of their competitors in the same street where i was lucky they still had rooms vacant...

I mean I understand their no show policy but i was not cancelling my whole stay ! i was telling them i was going to pay for the 2 nights but maybe there was a misunderstanding from them...

Apart from that, still go to their excellent restaurant where the Chinese food is the best i've ever eaten in Pattaya...

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

This is the reason why most hotels require deposit, if you couldn't make it you should atleast inform them earlier so that the rooms can be rent out for other guest.

This is the reason why most hotels require deposit, if you couldn't make it you should atleast inform them earlier so that the rooms can be rent out for other guest.

i think he was paying for all the date's booked....

China Garden is a good place, i used to stay 4 nights there in Feb 2012 but it's not my favorite place anymore now because of what happened for my last booking 2 months ago...I had booked again for 12 nights there and i wanted to cancel 2 nights the day before i was going to check in...I had sent an email to the boss Ian and told him about my cancellation and that i was going to pay for those 2 cancelled nights so that he would be paid my whole booking and as a result he would be able to accept an other booking request from someone else...

He replied to me the following : "I have been informed by Tik our manager that a "no show" for a room has been logged against your name, its a standing rule that all future bookings for that guest are cancelled and no new bookings accepted. I have asked Tik to check the records and find out the dates you allegedly did not arrive for a booking. I know you have stayed with us before and there has never been a problem but we have a growing list of people who have made bookings and failed to arrive which costs us financially, from here it looks like the China Garden is fully booked."

When i arrived at the China that sunday evening the reception lady told me no room booked for me ! WTF ?! I moved to one of their competitors in the same street where i was lucky they still had rooms vacant...

I mean I understand their no show policy but i was not cancelling my whole stay ! i was telling them i was going to pay for the 2 nights but maybe there was a misunderstanding from them...

Apart from that, still go to their excellent restaurant where the Chinese food is the best i've ever eaten in Pattaya...

it's a shame what happened.....looks like it was lost in translation....

• 1 year later...

I wanted to stay at this very well reviewed place the China Garden, the good owner told me all the front facing rooms where booked for the time I wanted to go all those with a balcony,  all the other deluxe rooms all had a view facing another buildings wall it came to light ,very good job the owner he was open and honest because rooms with no view is a certain deal breaker for me at least .

Ive come to think again , conclusion is that really its worth paying a few bht more for a view at least, a balcony desirable , a lift if more than about three floors , and a pool to chill , no matter how well reviewed these budget places are for a little more wonga you can have all of that .

Is this the place on the left as you are heading towards say Tuk Com approx 50 metres past 10 coins guest house (??) on your right hand side?

Angsta me old mate from lonely planet and khmer440. How u keeping? U over PP yet.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Archived