IGNORED

Hidden Gems in Soi Lengkee

andyaus

theres a few places.

I rovers is a guest house, and i got all my MUST HAVES taken care of there, for 650 a night. and the room was good too with a balcony and quite large.

The Premier Lounge is a guest house-not a Hotel so no pool/jacuzzi and no checking of ID card,and if you want cheap you will not get any of the above anyhow :SoWhat1:

Facebook: Damo Damo

Thai Phone: 09 4332 9734

First Report (not first trip)

Next Trip - SONGKRAN 2015

Pattaya Pattaya......... Poo ying love you mak mak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OPey De Place

I have just moved out of Opey De Place in Soi Lengkee which was a shame because it has such a great location. Only 50 meters from Soi Buakhao which has Baht buses going towards Walking street or Soi 6. Of course there is Soi LK Metro and all the bars and massage places around there so you don’t need to go anywhere if you don’t want.

Opey De Place had a few things going for it besides location. The cafe serves great Thai food, the pool is nice and the staff are friendly. The price at 1000 baht per night is fair.

I moved because the WIFI just dosen’t work. I complained for a few days and got the excuses but it was never going to be fixed. I know the problem and a few Wireless APs would fix things easily. They don’t cost much.

Ok once something is not right you look for things to complain about. I had a suite which included a separate lounge area to watch TV but the TV was as big as a 17 inch monitor so why bother. The furniture supplied resembled a park bench and not what you would settle down to watch a movie on. Why they couldn’t supply a cushion I don’t know. The bed was about the same feel as a bench but this is the norm and after a few hours of drinking I just like to lie down.

They put me on the sixth floor which sounded OK until I found out that the lift only went to the fifth. When you are busting for a pee that last flight of stairs makes a big difference. The bedroom in the junior suite was in the middle and had no windows. The problem is that one half of the room was under a sloping ceiling so if you get out of the wrong side of the bed you can’t stand up without hitting the ceiling.

I am being picky but I would only give this a 4 out of 10 and could not recommend it if you want wifi.

JW House

Part of my dissatisfaction with Opey De Place is because a hundred yards down the Soi I founf a room in JW House.

This is a brand new room with great WIFI, Aircon, a 42 inch LCD TV on the wall, room safe and the softest beds I have found in Thailand. There is a 3/4 size refrigerator and the mini bar has Heineken for 60 Baht. There is No Pool and no Lift but I am on first floor so it is not a problem.

The best part of this is that the price is only 600 baht per night.

There is a coffee shop on ground floor that seems to be a meeting place for the owner to have her girlfriends aroud and they are friendly enough.

I have to give this place a 9 out of 10 when I look at the value for money. (did I mention the comfortable beds?)

So anyone looking for a great deal at the moment, think about

JW House

315/23 m9 Lengkee Soi 1

Email [email protected]

tel 03841282

mob 0814223611 (waein)

mob 0868406685 (numoay)

I will post somephotos soon.

worth checking i guess

Archived