IGNORED

Hidden Gems in Soi Lengkee

andyaus

OPey De Place

I have just moved out of Opey De Place in Soi Lengkee which was a shame because it has such a great location. Only 50 meters from Soi Buakhao which has Baht buses going towards Walking Street or Soi 6. Of course there is Soi LK Metro and all the bars and massage places around there so you don’t need to go anywhere if you don’t want.

Opey De Place had a few things going for it besides location. The cafe serves great Thai food, the pool is nice and the staff are friendly. The price at 1000 baht per night is fair.

I moved because the WIFI just dosen’t work. I complained for a few days and got the excuses but it was never going to be fixed. I know the problem and a few Wireless APs would fix things easily. They don’t cost much.

Ok once something is not right you look for things to complain about. I had a suite which included a separate lounge area to watch TV but the TV was as big as a 17 inch monitor so why bother. The furniture supplied resembled a park bench and not what you would settle down to watch a movie on. Why they couldn’t supply a cushion I don’t know. The bed was about the same feel as a bench but this is the norm and after a few hours of drinking I just like to lie down.

They put me on the sixth floor which sounded OK until I found out that the lift only went to the fifth. When you are busting for a pee that last flight of stairs makes a big difference. The bedroom in the junior suite was in the middle and had no windows. The problem is that one half of the room was under a sloping ceiling so if you get out of the wrong side of the bed you can’t stand up without hitting the ceiling.

I am being picky but I would only give this a 4 out of 10 and could not recommend it if you want wifi.

JW House

Part of my dissatisfaction with Opey De Place is because a hundred yards down the Soi I founf a room in JW House.

This is a brand new room with great WIFI, Aircon, a 42 inch LCD TV on the wall, room safe and the softest beds I have found in Thailand. There is a 3/4 size refrigerator and the mini bar has Heineken for 60 Baht. There is No Pool and no Lift but I am on first floor so it is not a problem.

The best part of this is that the price is only 600 baht per night.

There is a coffee shop on ground floor that seems to be a meeting place for the owner to have her girlfriends aroud and they are friendly enough.

I have to give this place a 9 out of 10 when I look at the value for money. (did I mention the comfortable beds?)

So anyone looking for a great deal at the moment, think about

JW House

315/23 m9 Lengkee Soi 1

Email [email protected]

tel 03841282

mob 0814223611 (waein)

mob 0868406685 (numoay)

I will post somephotos soon.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy. Thanks for info

You were going to stay in R-Con Blue. What do you think about it? Any good?

I will check out JW House in November.

JW house sounds great... website? probably not I love the LK Metro area as you really dont need to go anywhere else for anything..

i stayed at hole in one bar up the road past subway in soi diana i think very clean and new also.. but bed not so soft and no mini bar but hey at 550 -650 still a deal,,

will definately be checking out JW house.. Thanks

If this JW House is the place I'm thinking of it is great but very small you can't swing a cat around in it.

A bit cramped especially if you have someone with you everynight.

OPey De Place

I have just moved out of Opey De Place in Soi Lengkee which was a shame because it has such a great location. Only 50 meters from Soi Buakhao which has Baht buses going towards Walking street or Soi 6. Of course there is Soi LK Metro and all the bars and massage places around there so you don’t need to go anywhere if you don’t want.

Opey De Place had a few things going for it besides location. The cafe serves great Thai food, the pool is nice and the staff are friendly. The price at 1000 baht per night is fair.

I moved because the WIFI just dosen’t work. I complained for a few days and got the excuses but it was never going to be fixed. I know the problem and a few Wireless APs would fix things easily. They don’t cost much.

Ok once something is not right you look for things to complain about. I had a suite which included a separate lounge area to watch TV but the TV was as big as a 17 inch monitor so why bother. The furniture supplied resembled a park bench and not what you would settle down to watch a movie on. Why they couldn’t supply a cushion I don’t know. The bed was about the same feel as a bench but this is the norm and after a few hours of drinking I just like to lie down.

They put me on the sixth floor which sounded OK until I found out that the lift only went to the fifth. When you are busting for a pee that last flight of stairs makes a big difference. The bedroom in the junior suite was in the middle and had no windows. The problem is that one half of the room was under a sloping ceiling so if you get out of the wrong side of the bed you can’t stand up without hitting the ceiling.

I am being picky but I would only give this a 4 out of 10 and could not recommend it if you want wifi.

JW House

Part of my dissatisfaction with Opey De Place is because a hundred yards down the Soi I founf a room in JW House.

This is a brand new room with great WIFI, Aircon, a 42 inch LCD TV on the wall, room safe and the softest beds I have found in Thailand. There is a 3/4 size refrigerator and the mini bar has Heineken for 60 Baht. There is No Pool and no Lift but I am on first floor so it is not a problem.

There is a coffee shop on ground floor that seems to be a meeting place for the owner to have her girlfriends aroud and they are friendly enough.

I have to give this place a 9 out of 10 when I look at the value for money. (did I mention the comfortable beds?)

JW House

315/23 m9 Lengkee Soi 1

Email [email protected]

tel 03841282

mob 0814223611 (waein)

mob 0868406685 (numoay)

j.w. house sounds good , do you have to go thro the cafe to go upstairs or is there a side entrance ? i dont like the walk of shame especially in the afternoon !

I've always liked J&P court there, nice big rooms with balcony for 800 baht, and a good swimming pool.. next month will be staying in China garden for the first time.

I have always stayed in Soi Lengkee . Always 600 baht or less. Key card excess . My requirements are simple..place must be clean , good Wifi , large TV, comfortable bed , good AC and a simple balcony. Staff should be friendly but not nosy. I do not take rooms with just a window.

Your not the first person that i have heard complain about Opey de place. I asked about a room in there when it was first built and it way overpriced for what they were offering. I know 2 friends who booked in for 2 weeks and left after 2 days to go elsewhere. They have a good location but there are much better options out there. Good of you to point out alternatives.

LOS. Gotta Love It.

Pictures of JW House

The door on the left is just for the rooms so you don’t need to go through the coffee lounge.

PW.jpg

bed.jpg

TV.jpg

safe.jpg

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

thanks for the photo andyaus,

re the side entrance, where is reception /security for tilacs I.D. ?

regards

guiness

also, looking at the photo, how do you get in late at night , do u have a key or is there a security guy minding the place?

Looks ok.and good WiFi is a must. I know your on the 1st floor, but do the rooms have a balcony? or just a window?

OPey De Place

I have just moved out of Opey De Place in Soi Lengkee which was a shame because it has such a great location. Only 50 meters from Soi Buakhao which has Baht buses going towards Walking street or Soi 6. Of course there is Soi LK Metro and all the bars and massage places around there so you don’t need to go anywhere if you don’t want.

JW House

JW House

315/23 m9 Lengkee Soi 1

Email [email protected]

tel 03841282

mob 0814223611 (waein)

mob 0868406685 (numoay)

strange about your experience with wifi. I live presently in the Sutus court, where the wifi is terrible, but always have a strong signal from the neighbour Opey De. so I went for lunch one day with my laptop and asked for a password. I am using the "Opey De Place" connection since 1 month now and must say, it is pretty reliable for my work. he only thing you can forget about is video (Youtube); doesn't work in neither place.

Let me know if you find a cheap hotel with good internet and a swimming pool.

thaisabai

Looks ok.and good WiFi is a must. I know your on the 1st floor, but do the rooms have a balcony? or just a window?

There is a balcony but a small table and two chairs and it is full. Good for smokers but not much else.

Voltaire

also, looking at the photo, how do you get in late at night , do u have a key or is there a security guy minding the place?

It is a guest house...not hotel with reception. You have an key with electronic door opener for afterhours. No one around to take BG ID’s but this is no problem for me..I keep things in the safe.

They also have some bigger rooms with separate Lounge area and I think charge 800 Baht.

Voltaire

I had a look at JW house today. It's good value for 700 baht. Rooms are a bit small for my liking. But I think I am spoiled by bigger rooms at Chow Soy.

Another hidden gem on Soi Lengkee is a guesthouse called La Cerise.

Check it out:

http://www.lacerisepattaya.com/

Cheers...

The place looks pricey for Soi Lengkee. At a minimum, I would want to know the size of the rooms.

have a look at the china garden hotel.....i stayed last year.....the place is only 1 year old ....aircon...wifi ...42 flat screen tv ...dvd fridge ..kettle ...free coffie tea....safe big enough for a small laptop...king size bed....walk in shower big enough for 2 people.....800 baht high season.....

I have friend staying at the Banana Cafe wright now in Soi Lengkee and he says the rooms are really good and good wifi but no pool. If you want pool you can go to the roof of Mikes Shopping Mall where they have a huge pool and great view of Pattaya and the bay. Its 100 baht per day. I used to stay at Sutus Court also but now they have build so much around the pool so the sun is blocked around 3 o´clock. Not good. Then I also moved to Opey de Place and just love the pool area, nice set up with the trees, like an oasis, but I think its too pricy 1000 baht and up. Now I always stay at a hotel at the end of soi Lengkee and around the corner of 3rd. road. Its called Sukprasert Place and its only 400 or 450 baht a night, big rooms with aircon and big tv and there is an adjecent pool which cost 30 baht to use but no wifi :wink:

Nice and quit :GoldenSmile1:

The place looks pricey for Soi Lengkee. At a minimum, I would want to know the size of the rooms.

Agree. Rooms do look nice though (and some sort of breakfast is included in the tariff).

Had some issue with their website recently when I tried to send an inquiry.....":bandwidth exceeded". Got this message for 2-3 days in a row. They need to fix that bollocks.

strange about your experience with wifi. I live presently in the Sutus court, where the wifi is terrible,

This sounds odd. I stayed in Sutus Court a number of times this past June, July & August and the WIFI was always strong, one of the best I've had anywhere in Thailand. I wonder if it depends upon the building. I stayed in the new rooms in the building right by registration.

Archived