Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

butchers arms up to date review.

vimto66

Just got back from a three week stay at the butchers arms and thought i would share my thoughts and opinions of the place.

As some will know its situated on soi buakhao and is very convieniently located,baht buses go past regular with Walking Street being only a 5 minte ride away.

The downstairs bar and restaurant is done out in a traditional english pub style(they even sell pork scratchings) and serves good farang food along with thai, i ate here regular and enjoyed what was served up.They have heineken,guiness,kilkenny,and a cider i cant remember the name of(possibly crawford press) on draught,along with well stocked fridges with a good selection of beers and more ciders in cans.Theres a very good selection of spirits too. A free pool table and tv screens with sport constantly on make it a good place to relax for a while before going out on the prowl.

There isnt a lift so if you dont like climbing stairs.. tough.

The rooms are priced at 650 baht for the small rooms,750 for the medium,and 850 for the large rooms.I stayed in one of the large rooms.My room had plenty of storage space and the wardrobe had big full mirrored sliding doors with a safe inside.A dressing table,a cabinet with ornaments,a couple of easy chairs a long table thingy with a cd player,and a big vase with artificial flowers in the corner made it a nicely furnished room,the TV was a big wall mounted one.

The most important piece of furniture in the room (the bed)was large and comfy.The bathroom had a power shower with sliding doors so nothing else got wet apart from you and your TG.

The aircon worked well and the power was turned on when you put the key fob in the slot on the wall.The cleaners were very thorough and did a very good job every day,i was late riser on this trip,(well into the afternoon on most occasions) so the tip i left daily was warranted in my opinion.

The staff were all friendly enough and on a couple of occasions i took one of the girls who worked as a waitress out on the piss,(she over did it a bit one time and fell asleep in the toilets in mixx disco.) :Drunk: There wasnt a limit on how many guests you could bring back and there was a guy on duty when you came back in the small hours to take the girls i.d.

Not many quibbles but in the act of fairness i`ll add a few. I knew there was no pool at the butcher but you can use the pool at the sawadee hotel across the road for 100 baht.I dont think any of the rooms has a balcony so no standing watching the world go by.

Although the shower was generally good the water was what i would call warm but not hot but that didnt really bother me.

All in all i enjoyed my stay here and i would recommend it to people, and although i may stay her again i do like to try new places so we`ll see.

sorry no pics but they do have a website with pics of the rooms, bar,etc.

Thanks for the review, have past it many times, and will drop in for a pint and a feed some time in august/sept.

I have been there couple times, But never slept there, Very clean Pub, You could eat the dinner off the floor. Very british style Pub with lovely foods on offer, Nothing to complain about there. Top Class Pub .

Great review.

I've risen past it many times and never stopped in.

Next trip I'll make sure to stop in for a cider.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Have eaten here more than anywhere else in Pattaya. A case of knowing what I like and it always being to my liking. I do obviously eat elsewhere too, but here is very good. The Thai girls I have taken here were always happy with the food and they can get it extra spicy if they want as the Thai menu is not as hot as they might be used to. This just means then when us falang eat Thai food, it doesn't numb my senses.

Never stayed there, but the staff are very friendly in a restaurant way rather than a p4p way. The cider is pricey but excellent and the free pool table is probably the best I have played on in any bar in Pattaya. Air-con throughout the bar, TGF found it a little cold. Will be visiting again in December for sure.

I usually stop in for a few refreshing Magners, the staff and landlady are very friendly and the food is also

very good.

I usually stop in for a few refreshing Magners, the staff and landlady are very friendly and the food is also

very good.

Cob and Barry own the Butchers, for anyone interested Barry also has the Megabreak pool hall on Soi Diana, probably Pattayas premier pool hall, give it a try if in the area...

As for the Butchers, as said no lift but there is 15 rooms for rent and IMO very good value for the money per night, no high/low season rates just the same price year round in an area thats in easy reach for all mongering trips...Enjoy...

Great review, staying there next month and will also post a review.

Moderator on PiAtNight and Living the Dream in Angeles City, Philippines :)

any photos of the rooms please thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a three week stay at the butchers arms and thought i would share my thoughts and opinions of the place.

As some will know its situated on soi buakhao and is very convieniently located,baht buses go past regular with walking street being only a 5 minte ride away.

The downstairs bar and restaurant is done out in a traditional english pub style(they even sell pork scratchings) and serves good farang food along with thai, i ate here regular and enjoyed what was served up.They have heineken,guiness,kilkenny,and a cider i cant remember the name of(possibly crawford press) on draught,along with well stocked fridges with a good selection of beers and more ciders in cans.Theres a very good selection of spirits too. A free pool table and tv screens with sport constantly on make it a good place to relax for a while before going out on the prowl.

There isnt a lift so if you dont like climbing stairs.. tough.

The rooms are priced at 650 baht for the small rooms,750 for the medium,and 850 for the large rooms.I stayed in one of the large rooms.My room had plenty of storage space and the wardrobe had big full mirrored sliding doors with a safe inside.A dressing table,a cabinet with ornaments,a couple of easy chairs a long table thingy with a cd player,and a big vase with artificial flowers in the corner made it a nicely furnished room,the TV was a big wall mounted one.

The most important piece of furniture in the room (the bed)was large and comfy.The bathroom had a power shower with sliding doors so nothing else got wet apart from you and your TG.

The aircon worked well and the power was turned on when you put the key fob in the slot on the wall.The cleaners were very thorough and did a very good job every day,i was late riser on this trip,(well into the afternoon on most occasions) so the tip i left daily was warranted in my opinion.

The staff were all friendly enough and on a couple of occasions i took one of the girls who worked as a waitress out on the piss,(she over did it a bit one time and fell asleep in the toilets in mixx disco.) :Drunk: There wasnt a limit on how many guests you could bring back and there was a guy on duty when you came back in the small hours to take the girls i.d.

Not many quibbles but in the act of fairness i`ll add a few. I knew there was no pool at the butcher but you can use the pool at the sawadee hotel across the road for 100 baht.I dont think any of the rooms has a balcony so no standing watching the world go by.

Although the shower was generally good the water was what i would call warm but not hot but that didnt really bother me.

All in all i enjoyed my stay here and i would recommend it to people, and although i may stay her again i do like to try new places so we`ll see.

sorry no pics but they do have a website with pics of the rooms, bar,etc.

where did you book your room mate?

Must be a big place…..the map on the web site shows it to be about 1 square block, assuming the red square is where it is located. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

just been on the site and it looks very reasonable for the price, could i just ask would you say the pics are a fair representaion of the rooms? as i know with some hotels they arnt always....

plus do you have any beer/food prices? cheers

just been on the site and it looks very reasonable for the price, could i just ask would you say the pics are a fair representaion of the rooms? as i know with some hotels they arnt always....

plus do you have any beer/food prices? cheers

most pics you see of rooms are often a lot different when you see the room for yourself,but on the whole i wasnt dissapointed.I stayed in the 850 baht room and all in all it was good,maybe you can get better for the money somewhere else but what i can say is the maids do a fantastic job,they dont just wave a duster at it,they thoroughly clean the room every day.

prices are different all over but a bottle of san mig was about 80-90 baht,but a pint of heineken was only 100 baht.Food was reasonably priced 200 and odd baht for a roast dinner,you get plenty of meat too.

i`d say prices are competitive without being the cheapest.

i went and had a look at the rooms last november and they are very good so 7 off my m8s stayed there in june,sadly i couldnt make that trip(vegas for me instead)but they all came back with postive things to say and yes the maids do a very good job and the food is good,hope this helps

I drank in The Butchers last month and the place itself is clean and friendly. Good atmosphere and busy, I didn't eat but my friends did and the food looked very good. Heineken pints were on special at 100 baht. You cannot complain at that price.

• 10 months later...

I had breakfast there one time food ok but then they charged me for the coffee,i thought b/fast included a drink of coffee or tea

have never been back,yes i am a kineow

I had breakfast there one time food ok but then they charged me for the coffee,i thought b/fast included a drink of coffee or tea

have never been back,yes i am a kineow

I to have had many breakfast's at Butchers Arms they do advertise there breakfast

outside at a good price but fail to say that drinks are not included.

Rarely eat breakfast in Pattaya but have tried the butchers on a couple of occasions over the years. Daily special as advertised outside didn't include a drink from recollection but I think a few on the menu did.

Saying that I don't think I would go there for breakfast again as it wasn't the best.  However the main meals though are good, and I would personally recommend the gammon. Always a good meal & decent portion. 210 baht is probably the average price for your regular English meal.

I to have had many breakfast's at Butchers Arms they do advertise there breakfast

outside at a good price but fail to say that drinks are not included.

I had the same thing happen, had to pay extra for coffee. I felt stiffed and did not and will not return in the future.

I can be a bit sulky like that but I didnt think the breakfast was up to much, sausage was nice though.

Many better breakfasts to had with the standard tea/coffee + OJ included in the price.

IMHO

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 1 year later...

Just a quick bump,

Can anyone post pics of the rooms?

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Archived