IGNORED

Eastiny Bella Vista Hotel and Residence / Eastiny Place Hotel

fujitsu0025

On my first visit to Pattaya last year i stayed in the Sunbeam which was a brilliant location. The hotel was excellent and it was guest friendly with no charge.

I am looking to go again in January and am looking at the following hotels:-

The Eastiny Bella Vista hotel and Residence (soi 7-8). and

The Eastiny Place (soi8)

. They are exactly where i want to be, please can anyone tell me the following:-

Guest friendly policy and do they charge. Would you recommend either

Thanx in advance

Eastiny Bella Vista and Residence is girls friendly hotel and no have joiners fee. My friend stayed here many times. hotel do not have swimming pool if you like it. He has room number 414 if I know. It was quiet room.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Eastiny Plaza soi 8 is pretty good. No joiner fees ( ie guest friendly ) nice rooms and pool. Also a lot cheaper than Sunbeam. I stayed at Sunbeam my first visit in 1999.

Standard at eastiny plaza very similar.You get breakfast included plus they have a very good buffet for approx 200baht including seafood.The only annoying thing was the staff didn't realize I had paid for the buffet and hassled me on a few occasions.

i have stayed at the bella vista which is girl friendly but do charge 500 baht for a 2nd guest its a bit basic , you should allso look at eastiny 7 not much more expensive but a lot better rooms

Can't speak for the the Eastiny Place on Soi 8 but have recently stayed at The Eastiny Bella Vista hotel and Residence in a superior room (soi 7-8) this May/June. As shrimp.mfc says the rooms are a bit basic - there is no room safe, no tea/coffee making facilities and the shower goes directly onto the bathroom floor. The fittings are clean but a bit tired - 20 channels on TV (mainly piffle) and a small refridgerator minibar (no daily supplied complimentary water either - I went to Tops and bought a couple of cases.) The daily breakfast is from a set menu - basic and edible but definitely not fancy.

The noise from the beer bars can intrude during the night but it didn't bother me much. I always book a double room and on my last night took two ladies back to my room and was not charges a second joiner fee although the first lady of the two had been a frequent visitor on previous days/nights. I had read on this board that the Eastiny chain do charge a 300 baht (this figure may be out of date) second joiner fee but I must have been lucky or the security man was not bothered that night. I wanted a cheaper hotel than usual and this 2 star hotel was ideal for my needs and I will stay here again.

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

hi, have stayed at eastiny place many time no problem with guest an the thai food is real good hope this helps.eoj!!! :GoldenSmile1:

Stayed at Eastiny Bella Vista recently - fairly basic room, but clean & comfortable. Bit noisy at night with the nearby bars but no great problems.

Definately stay there again.

• 11 months later...

Hi

I booked at the Eastiny Bella Vista in Soi 7-8 for a week in July. Recently I read that staff have stolen expensive items from the rooms and money from the security boxes at reception. Has any one experienced anything like that? 

Hi

I booked at the Eastiny Bella Vista in Soi 7-8 for a week in July. Recently I read that staff have stolen expensive items from the rooms and money from the security boxes at reception. Has any one experienced anything like that? 

really???

Hi

Could you verify your source for this as i would like to read this. I am booked at bella eastiny for two weeks in October. I have stayed there before and had no trouble with security.

babydollsaddict.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there many times in the past and booked again very soon. Never had any problems with security in the rooms or the safe boxes at the front desk.  Same staff seem to still be there all the time, would love to know who said this about stealing from roooms. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to take so long to get back on thread.

It took me some real digging to find these comments. Mostly the comments were positive.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/55038-beware-eastiny-residence-thiefs/

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1070913-r141217424-Eastiny_Residence_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

“WARNING DO NOT STAY AT THIS hotel!!!!”
x.gif Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Myself and my friend are staying at eastiny residence on soi 10 ,room service robber are room , all are belongings were in are bags.. We lost iPad 3 , a lap top, video camera and 2 digital caneras !!! hotel did not take any responsibility even tho the manger knew it was her and she did not return to work !! Total cost of over 80,000 baht !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!

Stayed September 2012

“My property was stolen from safety box at this hotel/ beware”
x.gif Reviewed 27 April 2011

I have used the Eastiny Residence for a couple of years, this trip I checked in on 4thApril and was given my sasfety box key as normal
I put my passport 2 credit cards 330$ plus 2 memory cards with my photo,s of my trip to Vietnam, my flight ticket and my bankbook into the safety box allocated to me
When I went to check out at 9pm (to catch flight at 2.30am on the 8th april) on the 7th April I gave the desk manager my key to safety box(2 key system)
He opened my box number 45 and ALL MY POSESSIONS WERE GONE
I will not go into detail as how I managed eventualy to fet home to Ireland
But I have a detailed police report of what happened and will gladly attach this document if people would like to see it
So be very very wary of your posessions in safety box at eastiny hotel

Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

BongRaymond we are talking about two different hotels in the Eastiny group of hotels. The topic is the Eastiny Bella Vista hotel and Residence located in the adjoining road between soi 7 - 8 (next to Pig and Whistle pub) and the Eastiny Residence hotel in Soi 10 (source of the criminal theft). I acknowledge the point that trust is vested in the staff at the reception desk when storing your valuables in the safety boxes but am confident that Eastiny Bella Vista hotel and Residence would exercise due care and attention with my valuables when I stay with them. Unfortunately the visitors to Eastiny Residence in soi 10 were not so lucky. I hope the hotel chain investigated thoroughly and the victims got a satisfactory closure to their ruined vacation.

babydollsaddict.gif

BongRaymond we are talking about two different hotels in the Eastiny group of hotels.

Thank you so much. After reading those reports, I was worried about staying there and leaving my funds in their safe deposit box. Your clarification has eased my mind immensely. I most of the reviews I had read were positive, apart from some noise issues. Thanks again and thanks for your prompt response, better than mine. Cheers and happy holidays. BR.

eastiny 7 is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in pattaya. a drunken receptionist welcome. at least 45 minutes to wait until he got keys for the safety box. it was terrible and horrifying night. the room was good and so was b/f but rest everythg was worse than shit. no need to mention i shifted to another hotel second day morning.

"After reading those reports, I was worried about staying there and leaving my funds in their safe deposit box."

I have to mention that I do have a procedure with my deposits at desk receptions that gives me peace of mind.I carry a small pacsafe that I put my passport, bank/credit cards and documents into and secure this with a combination lock. This goes into the box that is put into the safe area. The safety box has a clasp that can be secured by a small padlock and I use another combination padlock (similar in size to a luggage padlock) to secure the metal flap on the deposit box. And once this is done the receptionist can put the box into the reception safe - lock it and give me the key. Half of my money for the trip I deposit into my current bank account at Kasinkorn in Central Festival and use my ATM card to access it. The other half is split between the safe deposit box and another pacsafe that I have in my room secured onto a secure point.

This may sound a bit overblown but it works for me. I would think that any theft would be opportunist pilfering rather than grand larceny and by being careful at my end I hope to minimise any risk.

babydollsaddict.gif

great hotel and location. simple rooms, but a little on the big side. with the a/c cranked, you can't hear anything which is golden.

this is the place where i broke the bed after boomboom. never got charged 5555

• 3 years later...

I am planning to stay at Eastiny Residence hotel. After reading the reviews here, I am bit worried if my money will be safe in safe deposit at reception.

Please share your staying experience.

Archived