IGNORED

LK Metropole

mickey_Patts

Hii

LK Metropole Pattaya

Planning to book this hotel for my next trip in august, but have read few good (old) reviews and few bad (recent ) reviews about this hotel.

One of my pals coming from Australia has already booked it.

Has any one stayed there recently? Kindly let me know whether i should go ahead with the bookings or look for another hotel.

regards,

vee

Stayed there in June last year for two weeks and had no complaints.

Rooms are a good size and reasonably modern and clean.

hotel is girl friendly as long as you leave girl's ID at the front desk.

Had an excellent dining room and buffet.

Unless there have been major changes, you will enjoy your time there, it's right in the middle of all the action.

Is it true anyone (not staying there) can use the gym, pool and sauna for a 100 baht a day?

Is it true anyone (not staying there) can use the gym, pool and sauna for a 100 baht a day?

Yes, it is true.

I always stay there and have never had a problem.

image.png

Yes you can & quite a few of our guests choose to save money by staying at Billabong and using the pool etc either at Metropol or Areca when they want.

Cheers

Thanks for the reviews guys.

I think i ll go ahead and get the bookings done today.

regards,

vee

LK Metropole is one of the most popular hotels with Addicts guys as its in the top 5 most booked in our Agoda account.

It is not for everyone due to its relatively high prices but the bigger rooms and suites, especially the rooftop suite and fantastic and good value for what you get.

I have never actually stayed there, to be honest, but have been to a few parties in the rooms and suites and they look great.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Yes you can & quite a few of our guests choose to save money by staying at Billabong and using the pool etc either at Metropol or Areca when they want.

Cheers

What is the better for the gym, etc?

It is a good location and not that noisy. Cleary Soi Diana is a busy Soi so it is not totally quiet.

I have stayed at four of the LK properties and this one is a bit older but still very functional.

The staff is polite and helpful.

The lobby is a good meeting point for your mates or a lady.

The breakfast is not the best in the world but it is typically in your room rate (I prefer booking with www.agoda.com but we all have our own place to book so whatever works for you.

The room is good size even if you are in a studio. The beds and pillows are a bit hard for my taste.

The water pressure and temprature have always been good for me.

The safe in the room is a must for me.

I have been here at least four times in the past year for a total of at least 16 days total and will return.

What is the better for the gym, etc?

The pool is bigger at Areca but I havn't used the gym there so don't know. Metropol gym is adequate with a sauna.

Cheers

Greg

Stayed there several times. Excellent location, efficient FOH, wifi works (a bit slow at times). No joiner's fee for one lady, 500 baht for a second. The rooms are fine; my only gripe is that the plumbing is a bit tired.

OP should try the shower and toilet before letting the bell-boy go and ask for a new room if necessary.

Never made it to breakfast. :Think1:

Check out our Villa's.

The BEST place to stay in Pattaya.

Check out: www.soldinasia.com

Luxury Holiday Villa's in the Heart of South Pattaya.

2 & 4 Bedroom Luxury Villa's with Private Swimming Pool's ONLY 1400m (under a mile) to Walking Street.

LK Metropole gym? speaking to my mate and i have been in that gym!!!

Equipment was pretty old from what i remember.

Yes, it is true.

I always stay there and have never had a problem.

What kind of equipment do they have in the gym? Is it comparable to California WOW?

It had a treadmill that worked, that is all I use. Sorry not generally a gym guy.

image.png

What kind of equipment do they have in the gym? Is it comparable to California WOW?

From what i remember very basic. Rather old treadmill, bikes, etc.

I dont think you could compare the two.

There was a video on youtube of a tourist setting up a cleaner with a hidden camera stealing money from his room

you talking about this ! but thinks like that can happen ! even in a 5 stars hotels ,be smart not like the guy video, money every where ,off corse thay gonna take !

hehhheeeeeeeh

thats it!

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there 2 weeks last year.....very nice accomodation , clean and large rooms....nice breakfast ( evne if i didn't take it everyday )....a good pool , small , but never with a lot of people....services are good...at night , no problems with guest....a good hotel for a good price....very well situated...i recommend it !

Stayed there 14 days last July. Wasn't too happy with the room. Looked kind of old and crummy and my shower was awful. The staff are friendly though and the location is ace.

At Lk Metropole. A bit disappointed that They require a 500 B cash deposit and would not take a credit card. My experience is that cash deposits are a lot easier to give than to get back whereas if it's a credit card you at least have the cc company to fight on your behalf. Not much money, more the principle. Is this standard practice in Thai hotels, requiring cash deposit?

At Lk Metropole. A bit disappointed that They require a 500 B cash deposit and would not take a credit card. My experience is that cash deposits are a lot easier to give than to get back whereas if it's a credit card you at least have the cc company to fight on your behalf. Not much money, more the principle. Is this standard practice in Thai hotels, requiring cash deposit?

Hi

are you staying there now?..

is yes....kindly update about the few things.....

1) shower...is it good?....as many have complained about it....

2) guest friendly?...i know it is...but can i take more then 1 girl for a night?

regards,

vee

Stayed there in March 2012. Room at back of hotel. Bathroom was not the greatest and the shower sucked. A tired hotel long past it's prime.

Archived