IGNORED

"Hotel Selection Pattaya" has anyone stayed in?

ismlunal

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a budgeted hotel and I saw hotel Selection Pattaya on agoda's website. It seems very well located and decorted for me as well as suitable for my budget. I just wonder that has anyone stayed in this hotel before? If so, please share your opinions about hotel.

http://www.agoda.com...on_pattaya.html

Thx in advance. Cheers!

Have never stayed there, looks good value though, and very handy for short stroll to Soi 6 mmmmm

Stevie

looking at your counter clock, about time you were getting back there my son

Stevie

It is mentioned on the Agoda page that this hotel is the former "Pattaya Beach Resort". Run a search with that name on the board and you should get some info. Apparently it seems it is quite popular with Indian tourists. Reviews on Tripadvisor ("Pattaya Beach Resort") are very contrasted... My gut's feeling would be to be cautious and look at other possibilities at the same time as they exist in that same area for similar prices.

Looks very nice, beyond my budget though.

Is this the building that was an abandoned concrete shell for many years?

• 1 year later...

Can anyone offer a review since this hotel has been renovated? Still GF etc? Some pics would be great.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

This hotel was the first deluxe hotel, open in 1970, change name many times and was due to open in october of this year as Glow but it seem that Glow doesn't want to renovate this place and actually seem to be closed

Well I've just booked it for February... Hopefully it will be alright 2000B per night.. Will do a review and post it here.

single-mum.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Surely somebody has stayed here considering it is right next to Soi 6..

Hotel Selection 1.jpg

Hotel Selection 2.jpg

Hotel Selection 3.jpg

single-mum.jpg

i have seen that monster of a building being build for for the last 10 years (slowly) never tought it was a hotel, intresting might take a look ;) if there really is a hotel selection banner ontop, damn i must have missed or it has gone up the last couple of months...

Coincidently I checked out of this hotel a few days ago.

Location is perfect. A 5 second walk to 7-11, massage and Subway from the lobby. Plus if you ride a moped there are couple cheeky back roads from 2nd road to get to it. Also the alleyway right side of hotel brings you out at Corner bar top of Soi 6 so you can navigate the 6 freely (without using 6/1).

Recent renovated rooms, make sure you get a sea view, nice size balcony. Good size rooms but no mini bars or safes (so think about valuables). Girl friendly, staff are pleasant. Gym is useless and swimming pool is small.

However if you like your sleep, it can be a noisy hotel. The 6 is lively till early hours and the room doors have buzzers on them if they stay open for a few seconds (this is annoying).

I got a free upgrade to a corner suite so I was more than happy with my stay.

Hope this helps.

This is of great help..  Going with a couple of mates and one of them likes his sleep lol.  Fortunately I don't plan on being awake until lunch time.  I will see if I can get rooms on the northern side.

single-mum.jpg

Archived