Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UK guys with vodafone

Thought I would let the guys in the UK using vodafone that they have an offer on now when you top up £10 you get 60 free minutes international calling, pretty good.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-freebees/index.htm#tab_tabVFTST0725344

For more info, but basically just call 4351 to get it, takes almost an hour for your phone to get credited, well worth it and you still have the £10 top up!!

Thought I would let the guys in the UK using vodafone that they have an offer on now when you top up £10 you get 60 free minutes international calling, pretty good.

http://www.vodafone....tabVFTST0725344

For more info, but basically just call 4351 to get it, takes almost an hour for your phone to get credited, well worth it and you still have the £10 top up!!

if you top up 100 quid, do you get 600 free minutes or is it just a one off offer

Full T&C are here http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-freebees/index.htm#tab_tabVFTST0725344

Its not a one off as far as I know, I've used it and its OK, not even a connection charge, top up £10, get 60 free minutes, still have the £10 credit, but if you top up £15 you get 100 free minutes and if you top up £30 you get 240 free minutes, I'm surprised Thailand is included as they have loads of countries not included, I'm not using it anymore as I'm in Malaysia for work but thought I'd let all the guys in the UK know. Well worth it I think as most people on pay as you go top up anyway.

Full T&C are here http://www.vodafone....tabVFTST0725344

Its not a one off as far as I know, I've used it and its OK, not even a connection charge, top up £10, get 60 free minutes, still have the £10 credit, but if you top up £15 you get 100 free minutes and if you top up £30 you get 240 free minutes, I'm surprised Thailand is included as they have loads of countries not included, I'm not using it anymore as I'm in Malaysia for work but thought I'd let all the guys in the UK know. Well worth it I think as most people on pay as you go top up anyway.

i am in no way calling you a liar but this sounds far too good to be true. THERE HAS TO BE A CATCH.

Guess I'll have to get a cheap sim as I'm on a contract with teh thieves :/

• 3 weeks later...

i am in no way calling you a liar but this sounds far too good to be true. THERE HAS TO BE A CATCH.

I read the T&C's and it seems pretty good to me if your already on Vodafone using pay as you go and do phone Thailand , no catch to me from what I've read and the minutes last for 30 days from when topping up, from what I read and understand, if you top up again within the 30 days then the free minutes you acrue are usable the following month, I think that the maximum per 30 days is the 240 for 30 quid.

If you do go over your international mintutes whithin the 30 days, then you have a further option to opt into Vodafone International – so any other international calls you make outside of your free international minutes are charged from 5p a minute.

You can get a free sim card and then all you need to do is opt into the Vodafone International Freebie scheme..

IF you don't opt in before you top up then you don't get the free international calls, so that may CATCH some out, so remember to OPT into the scheme before TOPPING UP....

Have a read of the T&C's Sniffer and see if you can find a catch...Only thing I can think may be a real catch is that the price plan is a different one to some of the others and you may get more UK minutes and texts on other price plans..

Edited by geegee1

I read the T&C's and it seems pretty good to me if your already on Vodafone using pay as you go and do phone Thailand , no catch to me from what I've read and the minutes last for 30 days from when topping up, from what I read and understand, if you top up again within the 30 days then the free minutes you acrue are usable the following month, I think that the maximum per 30 days is the 240 for 30 quid.

If you do go over your international mintutes whithin the 30 days, then you have a further option to opt into Vodafone International – so any other international calls you make outside of your free international minutes are charged from 5p a minute.

You can get a free sim card and then all you need to do is opt into the Vodafone International Freebie scheme..

IF you don't opt in before you top up then you don't get the free international calls, so that may CATCH some out, so remember to OPT into the scheme before TOPPING UP....

Have a read of the T&C's Sniffer and see if you can find a catch...Only thing I can think may be a real catch is that the price plan is a different one to some of the others and you may get more UK minutes and texts on other price plans..

have looked further into it, I dont think it can beat my internet account that i use. localphone.com you give them your thai number that you want to phone and they put it in the system and come out with a local number to call (for me its 01482 for hull) so you can call from your mobile which means you are calling a landline number or you can call from your house phone and its just the same as a local call. the cost to call thai mobiles at the moment is 1.1 pence per minute. I have had a few connection issues but nothing to worry about, I call most days and rarely have a problem. I have worked out that for 240 minutes using localphone.com it only costs me 2 pounds 64 pence so not worth switching to the 30 quid a month for 240 minutes.

have looked further into it, I dont think it can beat my internet account that i use. localphone.com you give them your thai number that you want to phone and they put it in the system and come out with a local number to call (for me its 01482 for hull) so you can call from your mobile which means you are calling a landline number or you can call from your house phone and its just the same as a local call. the cost to call thai mobiles at the moment is 1.1 pence per minute. I have had a few connection issues but nothing to worry about, I call most days and rarely have a problem. I have worked out that for 240 minutes using localphone.com it only costs me 2 pounds 64 pence so not worth switching to the 30 quid a month for 240 minutes.

It sounds cheap, infact very cheap, but depending what your Mobile network provider charges you to call locaphone.com numbers per minute from a mobile or even if your using allocated monthly minutes, there not free, it's all part of a monthly contract or a pay as you go package, so consider that cost per minute...

Vodafone for example charge a rip off 25 pence per minute (IMO) on the pay as you go Simply price plan to mobile numbers and landline in the UK, check out the other Pay as you go networks for pay as you go charges per minute there quite high IMO....

When you phone from a landline costs may go up when calling a localphone.com number depending on what the call charges are per minute, but you also have your monthly line rental on a land line to consider, then you have that little thing called VAT in the UK which is currently 20%. , so whilst 1.1pence per minute may initially seem cheap, when you factor in other costs that are incurred from using a UK landline or UK mobile network operator then it aint as cheap as it first sounded.......

For those people who are already using Vodafone pay as you go and using the Pay as you go Simply price plan it's a viable option to use for calls to Thailand but It can't be used if your on the Vodafone Freedom Freebee, Vodafone Text & Web Freebee, Vodafone £5 Weekend Freebee or Vodafone Talk Freebee price plans..

Me personally I just stick to Lebara or Lyca Mobile for International direct dial calls and price is fine by me with no hidden extras and sometimes extra credit depending on how much you top up or whether you do it online, or use the auto top up service which gives you even more extra calling credit..

Edited by geegee1

It sounds cheap, infact very cheap, but depending what your Mobile network provider charges you to call locaphone.com numbers per minute from a mobile or even if your using allocated monthly minutes, there not free, it's all part of a monthly contract or a pay as you go package, so consider that cost per minute...

Vodafone for example charge a rip off 25 pence per minute (IMO) on the pay as you go Simply price plan to mobile numbers and landline in the UK, check out the other Pay as you go networks for pay as you go charges per minute there quite high IMO....

When you phone from a landline costs may go up when calling a localphone.com number depending on what the call charges are per minute, but you also have your monthly line rental on a land line to consider, then you have that little thing called VAT in the UK which is currently 20%. , so whilst 1.1pence per minute may initially seem cheap, when you factor in other costs that are incurred from using a UK landline or UK mobile network operator then it aint as cheap as it first sounded.......

For those people who are already using Vodafone pay as you go and using the Pay as you go Simply price plan it's a viable option to use for calls to Thailand but It can't be used if your on the Vodafone Freedom Freebee, Vodafone Text & Web Freebee, Vodafone £5 Weekend Freebee or Vodafone Talk Freebee price plans..

Me personally I just stick to Lebara or Lyca Mobile for International direct dial calls and price is fine by me with no hidden extras and sometimes extra credit depending on how much you top up or whether you do it online, or use the auto top up service which gives you even more extra calling credit..

I see what you are saying but on my mobile tarriff which is 15 pounds per month and I rarely ever go above 17 pounds per month, I have unlimited landlines which means I can call my localphone number and be on it as long as I want and it will never cause me to go over my 15 quid a month deal. Also, my landline (home phone) can call local numbers again for as long and however many times as I want and its all in the same tarriff (to be fair I never ever use my landline though, I only have it because I have sky), ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN GET RID OF IT AND KEEP SKY??? BECAUSE IF I CAN, I WILL. it seems a waste of 20 quid a month cos I dont use it.