IGNORED

Holiday Inn Pattaya - King Suite

AsiaSmiles

Been visiting Pattaya using the IHG points for about 4 years now. This year I was pleasantly surprised to been provided an upgrade like I never imagined. I am a Platinum Member, travel on business quite a bit. Anyway sorry to bore you with lots of pictures, and frankly the girls may like it but they really don't care.

But for those who may wonder what the room look like. Here you go. Kudos to the IHG Group, the Holiday Inn Pattaya has treated me very very well for many years. I could cash in my Hilton Points but prefer not to from what I have heard and the point cost is very high at the Hilton. Stayed at the Marriott a few time and no comparison, though the location is great.

The Holiday Inn is a baht bus or motor bike ride away from just about anything.

2016-04-16_00001.jpg

2016-04-16_00002.jpg

2016-04-16_00006.jpg

2016-04-16_00008.jpg

2016-04-16_00012.jpg

2016-04-16_00013.jpg

2016-04-16_00014.jpg

2016-04-16_00017.jpg

2016-04-16_00021.jpg

2016-04-16_00022.jpg

2016-04-16_00025.jpg

2016-04-16_00033.jpg

2016-04-16_00026.jpg

2016-04-16_00028.jpg

2016-04-16_00031.jpg

2016-04-16_00033.jpg

2016-04-16_00039.jpg

2016-04-16_00043.jpg

2016-04-16_00044.jpg

2016-04-16_00046.jpg

Wow looks good! I was going to stay there on my previous trip but decided it was a bit far might give it a go on the next one.

Well nice to have the privilege to up grade.for free That look fantastic the view from balcony wow.and the room it self will embarrass any girls to dream staying in room like this.and you will have problem get rid of the girls in the morning after night session,

Enjoyed while you can

The real pretty girls could care less. Yes there was a Wow factor, but in the end these girls are money machines and just want to get paid and go. The one girl that stayed was one of those beer bar conquests. There is always a night or two I just hang out late, drink, play pool and inevitably some girl latches on (I go wit u). The next morning she took forever to wake up and when she did took forever to leave.

But yeah, I enjoyed the room!

I agree better than the marriott which in years gone by was may fave haunt.Great looking room but location means a lot to me

You get access to the executive lounge also with Plat Elite right? I think that has free drinks? How about breakfast?

I have the credit card so get that status automatically.

In this case I was not given the executive lounge access but did get breakfast because I was using my points for the room. That is why I was surprised I even got this type of upgrade. All on points. But for the last 4 years I have been a paying customer using about half point and half payment. Still not a bad hotel value.

Another thing that happened was the first night I was not in this room. I was cashing in my annual free room you get with the IHG Credit Card and had asked not to be put in the executive tower. The executive tower is further back from  the cost line so the views are not as nice. Well they messed the request up and I think they may have been trying to compensate for not meeting my request the first night.

Another possibility is this room was empty since it was a busy Songkran weekend and all the other rooms were solidly booked. So I get the expensive unused room since I was not a paying customer anyway, and they could not give me a simple room that was already sold out. Sometime these things happen.

There is no bad room in this hotel though. Some are just better than others and the older building actually has the nicer views.

Having lounge access in Pattaya though kind of what for since there are so many low cost drink and dine options in town.

But you are right, you usually get executive status and an annual free room with the card and well worth the annual fee. Supplement that with stays at the IHG hotels when on business travel and the perks add up.

Using the perks at this property has been really a good deal.

I was told expensive hotels like to keep using rooms, otherwise a real customer comes along and the room smells bad

Wife and I are both Platinum with IHG as well and both have healthy 6 figure balances of points, but cannot spend 25k points/night for a room that averages $100+/- USD a night.  That's only a value of ~$.004/point, which is not a very good redemption rate for IHG. We prefer a condo anyway since we always stay at least 2+ weeks, but if they ever put it on the pointbreaks list for 5k/night I would definitely stay here, which I watch for it to show up every time the list comes out.

Archived