Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

best way to book golf in Pattaya

Tarry

Hi Folks

Back in patts 26th May, looking to golf for the first time over there, play off 13 handicap and looking for a real good course to play, not gonna lug my clubs along so need hire clubs etc, any hints, tips and advice. also are the stories about the caddies true or just stories i.e blowjobs round course etc, heard all these lines from amte that golfs regularly over there but he is a bit of a billy bullshit dont ever know when to belive him

Cheers Guys

Dex

Have you looked at the Sapphire Lodge golf Society. ..... Looks like a bunch of like minded guys who also play golf. I liked that they had clubs as well.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Hi Folks

Back in patts 26th May, looking to golf for the first time over there, play off 13 handicap and looking for a real good course to play, not gonna lug my clubs along so need hire clubs etc, any hints, tips and advice. also are the stories about the caddies true or just stories i.e blowjobs round course etc, heard all these lines from amte that golfs regularly over there but he is a bit of a billy bullshit dont ever know when to belive him

Cheers Guys

Dex

Re: booking golf.

The easiest way to arrange golf in Pattaya is to join the Pattaya Sports Club. Costs 500 bht to join and 400 bht annual membership. There are just under 20 societies affiliated to the PSC situated all arround Pattaya. They play 7 days per week at most of the courses. Once you are a member, you can sign up at your chosen venue the day before and join the group playing your chosen day. Check out the PSC website for details of all the societies and where they are playing this month.

Re: caddies and BJ's etc. Its mostly bullshit I'm afraid.

It depends on your time. Unfortunately I am one of those 2 week millionaires and can't get the time to stay for weeks and weeks so I come over with a mate and book golf directly through the hotel. We hire a driver who takes us there and picks us up. We leave early and back around 1pm/2pm depending on course distance from Pattaya. I normally go a couple of times with the local golf bars but the days a nearly all day.

To meet people then go to the golf bars....The Golf Club LK Metro.

• 1 month later...

was once playing at Laem Chabang golf club, damn fine course, bit pricy though (USD175+ for everything except shoes). Had the hottest caddy, slim, tall, pretty. When I asked her where she worked before being a caddy, she was so embarassed.

I figured she was in the No 1 industry before going legit.

Hi mate in hi season the best way to book is thru Thaigerline golf on their Mon-Fri trips. For 1800 bht you get to play really good "second division" courses eg Emerald. In low season I'm not so sure, if there are 4 guys, its quiteposs for someone like golf asian to book you car and course at a top end course - Siam/Laem Chabang/ etc. Cost about 4000-5000 bht...lots of driving ranges and v cheap too!

Treat the caddies with respect and you can have a great time.... :GoldenSmile1:

For Sprots day rounding, the best way is to call directly. The other days, it is better to book through travel agency.

Try Lewinski's Pub/golf on Soi 13/3, great golf outings, and ride to and from for a modest fee.

The Golf Club on Soi LK Metro.Go in,sign up for golf and transport,have a pork chop and a cold one.

:Agree1: with above:

There are many golf societies out there that run a good program, I usually golf with fine folks at "The Golf Club” located on Soi L.K. Metro, whichever one you decide to golf with you can usually form a friendship with some of the local ex-pats that also golf with the society and from that you can start booking golf outings with them if they have their own weekly games scheduled. I usually play about 4 times a week, twice with the “The Golf Club” and the other times with friends that live in the local area.

-Kalani

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

• 4 weeks later...

I've had 6 golf trips to Pattaya, always with 3 mates...4 is a comfortable group. We used to use a golf tour company who did all the bookiing and picked us up every day day from our hotel. Very convenient but started to get pricey so we changed track and joined the PSC. Now we ring each golf club the day before to book a tee time and then ring Mr T to pick us up in one of his mini vans. Saving money and play where and when we want. ....rarely have we not got our preferred tee time.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks guys. Great info on golf in Pattaya. 30 more days!

Prorose

Do not know if this was said, bring a change of clothes for after the round. Most all cources have locker rooms with showers.

www.outbackgolfbar.com is a great mob to play golf with many aussies and british expats and tourists playing 4 or 5

times a week.You will get a much better rate if you play with a group like this.

• 3 months later...

www.witherspoonsgolfgroup.webs.com

You can either play with the group, or go in and speak with Paul who runs the golf. He will book you tee times at whatever course you want to play and can also arrange private transport for you.

• 6 months later...

Do not know if this was said, bring a change of clothes for after the round. Most all cources have locker rooms with showers.

The facilities are normally outstanding and you feel so much better after the shower. - This is definitely great advice - you just leave a tip on the way out.

The facilities are normally outstanding and you feel so much better after the shower. - This is definitely great advice - you just leave a tip on the way out.

Agreed - a nice shower and change of clothes is the way to go. Follow this with some pakapow gui and a cold beer/sprite shandy in the clubhouse...a trip back to Patts and invariably dissecting the day's golfing over a few (2 4 1) beers in triangle bar soi choiyapoon. Of course, after an hours "shut eye"{, its out on the town -  what a life!!! :hello09:

Archived