Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS) to Bangkok (BKK) on KLM

benny31

Interesting comparison there Freedy. A lot of people (including myself) use Etihad / Emirates / Qatar as the benchmark to judge airlines against. I'm guessing that KLM had a bit more European content on their entertainment system that Etihad? Also was there much waiting time between flights?

bb69

The waiting time between flights was a lot less on the KLM flight, in fact the connection time at schipol flying out was 55mins, and my flight there was 10mins late. So I had a long fast walk to make the flight. At schipol they have the security check at the gate for the flight, so there was no queue, and I made it with 10min to spare. The layover with etihad is typically 2-3 hours, which does drag a bit.

Train from Schipol to centre is 6 euro big lockers the same so for 18 euros can go to town and have a cafe break but dutch immegration and security can take a long time to get back to airside so youll need a long layover.

Im flying from cardiff in may ; used to use chinese airlines but not seen decent prices from them for a couple of years;

its worth a few quid not to go through heathrow

• 2 weeks later...

I fly KLM alot , for the flying blue air miles.

The AMS-BKK flight is a 747 and not very good business class.. its ok but not flat beds.

If you go economy on the 747 ..pay the extra for economy plus if seat 9a is available..

it on front row and you get to use the door as a foot rest... and its so close pax here use the business class toilets ( which annoys us in business !!!!)

Take China airlines from Ams to BKK, most of the time its cheaper and they have hot stewardesses.

Or you could take the train to Brussels, and take Thai airways, its also a non-stop flight to BKK...

I use Emirates or Qatari Airways. It may be extra or higher but the service and seating is always better. I flew KLM twice ans was not impressed on either occasion. I like to be comfortable with at least some eye candy to provide some service. Did not happen.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/