Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australia customs

strawberrypi

The ultimate responsibility lies with the final check. They are trying to do a hard job to keep us all safe whether you like it or not. They have no idea and rely on training and instinct. It can be inconvenient yes, but when they snap somebody for illegal stuff then good on them.

It isn't the resonsibility of Embassys to do final checks, all they can do is determine if a persons background or history warrants closer inspection. They can't check everybody entering a country, that's why we have Customs and Immigration.

What would you say if an Embassy thought someone was ok and then once in the country they travel to after no checking by Border Security they did some terrorist crime or something similar? would you cry out 'what happened to the checking process'????

Stay clean and you have nothing to worry about apart from maybe a little inconvenience.

Yeah a couple trips ago a friend gave me one of those yellow tubes of vegemite you buy in Coles for $3.40. I put it in my shoulder bag and as I'm get checked before boarding the plane at Perth this bitch confiscates my tube of vegemite. So don't give me any bullshit about they doing a great job keeping us safe.

And don't give me any crap about Border Security stopping a terrorist crime. Australia has terrorist cells in every state, all over the nation, operated by Islamists who have passed security checks and been granted citizenship.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pubstud

• Scumbag

• strawberrypi

• Ohyesuare

Yeah a couple trips ago a friend gave me one of those yellow tubes of vegemite you buy in Coles for $3.40. I put it in my shoulder bag and as I'm get checked before boarding the plane at Perth this bitch confiscates my tube of vegemite. So don't give me any bullshit about they doing a great job keeping us safe.

Your tube of Vegemite would have been confiscated at any airport in the World. Any container capable of holding more than 100mL is not allowed on flights. The only exemption is when it is bought at the departure terminal after clearing the security check.

Here is the reason for it:

To protect you from the threat of Liquid explosives, there are rules for taking liquids, aerosols and gels on flights in and out of Australia. Passengers are not permitted to carry individual LAG items in excess of 100mls through the security screening point. This includes duty free liquids, aerosols and gels such as alcohol, perfume or cosmetics, regardless of where they were purchased before the security screening point.

These items may need to be surrendered at the security screening point. The LAG rules also apply to passengers arriving on international flights transiting in Australia, and passengers travelling on a domestic leg of an international flight within Australia.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Your tube of Vegemite would have been confiscated at any airport in the World. Any container capable of holding more than 100mL is not allowed on flights. The only exemption is when it is bought at the departure terminal after clearing the security check.

Here is the reason for it:

To protect you from the threat of liquid explosives, there are rules for taking liquids, aerosols and gels on flights in and out of Australia. Passengers are not permitted to carry individual LAG items in excess of 100mls through the security screening point. This includes duty free liquids, aerosols and gels such as alcohol, perfume or cosmetics, regardless of where they were purchased before the security screening point.

These items may need to be surrendered at the security screening point. The LAG rules also apply to passengers arriving on international flights transiting in Australia, and passengers travelling on a domestic leg of an international flight within Australia.

Thanks for posting that. I can't see any "reason" in that lot but I'll take your word that Vegemite is "a dangerous Liquid explosive"

Come on Scumbag, it's bullshit.

Thanks for posting that. I can't see any "reason" in that lot but I'll take your word that Vegemite is "a dangerous liquid explosive"

Come on Scumbag, it's bullshit.

I think you should do some research before calling it bullshit. The main reason is the issue with Liquid explosives as stated in the test I posted. This all occurred after the Brits uncovered a plot to bomb planes using Liquid explosives.

2006 transatlantic aircraft plot

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I think you should do some research before calling it bullshit. The main reason is the issue with liquid explosives as stated in the test I posted. This all occurred after the Brits uncovered a plot to bomb planes using liquid explosives.

2006 transatlantic aircraft plot

So what's the connection between 8 men named: Ahmed Abdullah Ali, Assad Sarwar, Tanvir Hussain, Oliver Savant, Arafat Khan, Waheed Zaman, Umar Islam, Mohammed Gulzar, who are religious fanatics with an agenda to commit acts of terror in the name of their faith, and a 60 year old Aussie pensioner named John Smith with a $3.40 tube of vegemite in his bag?

So what's the connection between 8 men named: Ahmed Abdullah Ali, Assad Sarwar, Tanvir Hussain, Oliver Savant, Arafat Khan, Waheed Zaman, Umar Islam, Mohammed Gulzar, who are religious fanatics with an agenda to commit acts of terror in the name of their faith, and a 60 year old Aussie pensioner named John Smith with a $3.40 tube of vegemite in his bag?

The connection is probably similar to the one for why you can't take your knitting needles on flights... :GoldenSmile1:

Yea pubstud its made clear no matter whats inside if its more then 100ml its not going on carry-on. Its plain stupid that vegimite would get held up but Id rather not be blown up by a 60 yr old converted islamic extremist with a name John Smith, who got part of his bomb from a 100ml contanier. Its now the future of flying no point trying pretend its not there for a reason.

Anyone had problems with their prescripitions coming home without your paperwork?

Posted Image

Yea pubstud its made clear no matter whats inside if its more then 100ml its not going on carry-on. Its plain stupid that vegimite would get held up but Id rather not be blown up by a 60 yr old converted islamic extremist with a name John Smith, who got part of his bomb from a 100ml contanier. Its now the future of flying no point trying pretend its not there for a reason.

If you think that multiple 100ml units of whatever can't be poured/mixed into another empty container that was in your luggage when you went thru security or was purchased after security, then you obviously haven't thought much about it. Security theatre at it's finest, designed to cover the ass of some politicians from the media and people who doesn't understand that there is no such thing as "safe". We live in an unsafe world, although the likelyhood of something bad happening to you is small, it is non-zero, and will ever be non-zero. Maybe some more incidents would be good to discourage the meek from travelling, although it would probably push up insurance costs and be used to justify more invasive theatre.

If you think that multiple 100ml units of whatever can't be poured/mixed into another empty container that was in your luggage when you went thru security or was purchased after security, then you obviously haven't thought much about it. Security theatre at it's finest, designed to cover the ass of some politicians from the media and people who doesn't understand that there is no such thing as "safe". We live in an unsafe world, although the likelyhood of something bad happening to you is small, it is non-zero, and will ever be non-zero. Maybe some more incidents would be good to discourage the meek from travelling, although it would probably push up insurance costs and be used to justify more invasive theatre.

Good point man not something I dwell on. just got off a plane with a bunch of meek people that freaked out when i told them about the tsunami in Phuket.

Posted Image

If you think that multiple 100ml units of whatever can't be poured/mixed into another empty container that was in your luggage when you went thru security or was purchased after security, then you obviously haven't thought much about it.

I think that is the reason why they also limit the quantity that you can have. You can only take on one of the clear bags that you have to put your liquids and gels into.

WHAT THE FUCK? Fuck, this kind of thing pisses me off. What happened to privacy!?

If everyone had privacy then anyone could take whatever they liked onto an aircraft and do whatever they liked. Blow it out of the air..... how often would that happen if it weren't for increased security measures.

Would you still choose to fly if the chances of you being sucked out of a hole in an aircraft fuselage were high. . Would you decry these inconveniences if your family or loved ones were ripped apart in mid air ???? I think not.

Sure, I dislike the inconvenience but I would sure dislike more the inconvenience or curtailment of my great trips to see the ladies of LOS if aircraft terrorism was rampant..

Some of the people who screen passengers and luggage seem surly at times, what a shit job to have to do. I applaud them for what they do and make their job and my transition through Immigration and Customs a lot easier and happier by following the rules.

I want to be safe and be able to travel again sometime, mai bpen rai.

I remember clearly when a plane being blown out of the sky happened almost every year or on a couple of occasions more frequently.

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

l went thru a stage there when every time l returned to Mebourne l was asked to go to the area where you empty your bag completely asked the what were you doing in Thailand, where did you go, who with, how did you pay for trip ect this happened 5 trips in a row one time the guy even laughed when he seen me didnt have to direct me to the line went automatically l then asked the question how come everytime l am get pulled out and directed to the search line???? Officer asked me how many times it had happened l told he he looked something up on the computer and said it wont happen next time and since that day l have been flagged straight thru no check nothing.....

I went to Japan before, the guy was pretty nice and put up a privacy thing so other passengers can't see while he looks in my bag. Canada has to be up there for the worst, as soon as you get to the immigration desk they have sour faces and ask you the most retarded and personal questions. I get stopped and checked every time now, I guess I got flagged for being rude back to them one time.

If you live in Canada you can arrange to never see the immigration guys. I haven't for several years. US either.

Edited by ricktoronto

After passing through security at BKK yesterday I stopped at a table to put my laptop back in its bag. The woman next to me was pleading for them not to confiscate the 4 bottles of massage oil that she had. I had no idea what she was trying to achieve as it wasn't going to happen. As I left I looked back as they were dumping the bottles in the bin with her wiping tears from her eyes, silly woman!!

If everyone had privacy then anyone could take whatever they liked onto an aircraft and do whatever they liked. Blow it out of the air..... how often would that happen if it weren't for increased security measures.

Would you still choose to fly if the chances of you being sucked out of a hole in an aircraft fuselage were high. . Would you decry these inconveniences if your family or loved ones were ripped apart in mid air ???? I think not.

Sure, I dislike the inconvenience but I would sure dislike more the inconvenience or curtailment of my great trips to see the ladies of LOS if aircraft terrorism was rampant..

Some of the people who screen passengers and luggage seem surly at times, what a shit job to have to do. I applaud them for what they do and make their job and my transition through Immigration and Customs a lot easier and happier by following the rules.

I want to be safe and be able to travel again sometime, mai bpen rai.

I remember clearly when a plane being blown out of the sky happened almost every year or on a couple of occasions more frequently.

what the fuck does this have to do with having pictures on my laptop? Looking at pictures of a naked gf or whatever you have on your laptop is an invasion of privacy. I can understand if there was some sort of evidence that makes you a suspect, but this is fucked.

I think most people are talking about returning home, already off the plane and being searched.

• 1 month later...

Hard to say if the expiriance was Bad or not. I have always found the Oz Customs Buggers for picking on certain types of folks and always had a bit of a tough time being picked on IMO because I am covered in Tattoos

These are not on display but having some on my Hands always seems to me a trigger point where they single me out

It is easy to moan but I guess they are doing their job and I have also had the full check in other places

If you have nothing to hide best just to suck it up and let the power crazy monsters do their thing even if at times it seems an invasion of ones privacy

Cheers

Ghosty

Not sure about the tattoo reason.....I have them visible on hands,wrists,arms and neck....and it doesnt cause a problem anywhere in the world. Twenty years ago,things were different,but these days its not an issue for the guys in uniform at airports. I think tattooed people secretly want to be discriminated against to validate their stand in claiming self expression. In truth,very little discrimination takes place,and that includes in Oz....or Thailand...or Singapore....or Indonesia...or Malaysia...or Japan...or Phils....etc etc .

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

• 3 months later...

I mostly agree with pubstud. I have no problem with these customs people

doing their jobs, but it seems that most of them act like assholes while they

are searching your stuff (especially all the bad cop/good cop entrapment bullshit).

They have searched my laptop for three straight years and they never find

anything and they still treat me like crap every year. I respectfully answer they're

questions, but these assholes try to accuse you of doing illegal things (that they have no proof of)

and still treat you with no respect after they search all your stuff. Now I know why TSA (the USA customs)

is usually hated by the majority of Americans.

Or Jack Thomas?

I think that is the reason why they also limit the quantity that you can have. You can only take on one of the clear bags that you have to put your liquids and gels into.

What about multiple people with multiple containers...