IGNORED

Air Flight Don Mueang to Loei help needed.

rickyt

Help needed.

I caught a bus to Loei about a year ago, Pattaya to Loei and all the stops on the way,

The bus was actually pretty comfortable, but after 13hrs i was fucked, arrived about 7am in the morning (all nighter)

I cant sleep on buses or planes and still had another 40minute trip to the village to meet the family for the 1st time.

I've been doing a bit of surfing on the net, and i came across nok air,

I've got about 1 & 1/2 months until i want to travel back,

Has anyone got any experience with nok air or any other better option's than spending 12 to 13 hours on a bus?

I've even thought about doing a couple of stopovers on the way but not sure where.

Any help

very much apprieciated.

rick

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I would fly to Udon Thani then bus it from there. Looks like only a few hours if that.

I havn't flown Nok but friends have. Typical budget airline. Gets you where you need without the frills.

A few days ago I flew Airasia to Ubon. No problems at all.

I didn't know Dom Mueang was still open.

Don Mueang do the domestic flights in Thailand they closed down in october last year due to the flooding , but i think they are back to normal know,

On nok air web site they were advertising flights once a week i think,

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I would fly to Udon Thani then bus it from there. Looks like only a few hours if that.

I havn't flown Nok but friends have. Typical budget airline. Gets you where you need without the frills.

A few days ago I flew Airasia to Ubon. No problems at all.

Thanks for the reply Gnet

I will definately be looking into this option, a few hours on a bus is a lot better than the 13 it took before,

do u know if they have any flights from utapho?

Do you still have to pay at the kiosk to leave Don Mueang :LOL2:

Help needed.

I caught a bus to Loei about a year ago, Pattaya to Loei and all the stops on the way,

The bus was actually pretty comfortable, but after 13hrs i was fucked, arrived about 7am in the morning (all nighter)

I cant sleep on buses or planes and still had another 40minute trip to the village to meet the family for the 1st time.

I've been doing a bit of surfing on the net, and i came across nok air,

I've got about 1 & 1/2 months until i want to travel back,

Has anyone got any experience with nok air or any other better option's than spending 12 to 13 hours on a bus?

I've even thought about doing a couple of stopovers on the way but not sure where.

Any help

very much apprieciated.

rick

About a year ago I did fly with Nok to Loei, think I had to pay about 4600tb roundtrip.

You fly with a small 2 engine turboprop.

At that time you could also go with 2 others...one was Happy air the other was Solar air.

Google to see what goes now adays.

Edited by kontakt6

Do you still have to pay at the kiosk to leave Don Mueang :LOL2:

That was taken away before the new airport was opend.

Thanks for the reply Gnet

I will definately be looking into this option, a few hours on a bus is a lot better than the 13 it took before,

do u know if they have any flights from utapho?

No buddy nock air do not fly from u-tapho bankok air to phucket .nock air not bad nock being thai for bird

enjoy chris :GoldenSmile1:

Wriggley Tin 1

No buddy nock air do not fly from u-tapho bankok air to phucket .nock air not bad nock being thai for bird

enjoy chris :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks Chris50,

I think u may be right,been a while since i've been to u-tapho,and think it was only bankok air that flew then,just wondering if any flights go to Udon thani from there.

About a year ago I did fly with Nok to Loei, think I had to pay about 4600tb roundtrip.

You fly with a small 2 engine turboprop.

At that time you could also go with 2 others...one was Happy air the other was Solar air.

Google to see what goes no adays.

Thanks for the info Kontakt6,

I will have a look at Happy air and Solar air to see if they still do flights.

www.NokAir.com

Has 1 flight each day. Around 4300 Baht RT including taxes. About 1hr 15 min flight.

You can book these flights online and pay for it via most 7/11 stores in Thailand or by credit card.

Much better than driving 13 hrs.

Edited by SlickMonkey

Don Mueang do the domestic flights in Thailand they closed down in october last year due to the flooding , but i think they are back to normal know,

On nok air web site they were advertising flights once a week i think,

Dong Mueang airport was opened already. I think on March.Nok Air and Air Asia low-cost flight to Phuket.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

By bus you could do Loei-Udon Thani guess about 3hrs stay overnight then bus to Bkk or Loei-Khon Kaen stay overnight then a NCA First Class bus to Bkk about 6hrs pure luxury but you need to book in advance & pay at a 7/11 their website is NCA.co.th. If you really want to break the journey up you could stay overnight at Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) all the buses stop there

www.NokAir.com

Has 1 flight each day. Around 4300 Baht RT including taxes. About 1hr 15 min flight.

You can book these flights online and pay for it via most 7/11 stores in Thailand or by credit card.

Much better than driving 13 hrs.

Much better than a13hr's for sure,

About paying at 7/11 stores , first i hear about this,

Do u book on there web site first and then take your booking details to 7/11 and just pay?

fantastic info slick Thanks.

By bus you could do Loei-Udon Thani guess about 3hrs stay overnight then bus to Bkk or Loei-Khon Kaen stay overnight then a NCA First Class bus to Bkk about 6hrs pure luxury but you need to book in advance & pay at a 7/11 their website is NCA.co.th. If you really want to break the journey up you could stay overnight at Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) all the buses stop there

Great info again M.C.H.

I am still up in the air (so to speak) about what route to take, and are even thinking of taking a flight one way ,then a bus back and do a little sightseeing at a couple of stops,

Good sugestions, and much appreciated thanks.

Dong Mueang airport was opened already. I think on March.Nok Air and Air Asia low-cost flight to Phuket.

Thanks for the info THAJEC,

Nok Air starting low cost flights to Phuket is another option for anyone wanting to fly south at lower price.

Do u know how much?

Thanks for the info THAJEC,

Nok Air starting low cost flights to Phuket is another option for anyone wanting to fly south at lower price.

Do u know how much?

I booked Air Asia to Phuket via skyscanner for a mate was 4000bt return, cheaper than nok by a distance

Done it all to loei. Lived there for 2 around yrs

flown, by far the best, the airport is 10 mins from the city on the road to wang suphung, flew in and out a few times till they closed the loei airport years back!!!!!!

taxi, not bad but 5 or 6k bht about 9 or 10 hrs still, i got a good driver and brand new car so was okay

car, thai mate who drives very fast, did a return trip loei>bkk>loei in one day!

motocycle, get to stop where and when you like, bit far, hot and dangerous for most.

buses suck unless you get 2 seats all to yourself, sometimes it worth paying for 2,

though if you get a bus that fills up the thais standing wont like/understand you taking 2 seats

even though you paid for them.

What village you going to?

Got some mates and places to go in town if you want.

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

I booked Air Asia to Phuket via skyscanner for a mate was 4000bt return, cheaper than nok by a distance

Thats a good price ,

Thanks for the info.

Done it all to loei. Lived there for 2 around yrs

flown, by far the best, the airport is 10 mins from the city on the road to wang suphung, flew in and out a few times till they closed the loei airport years back!!!!!!

taxi, not bad but 5 or 6k bht about 9 or 10 hrs still, i got a good driver and brand new car so was okay

car, thai mate who drives very fast, did a return trip loei>bkk>loei in one day!

motocycle, get to stop where and when you like, bit far, hot and dangerous for most.

buses suck unless you get 2 seats all to yourself, sometimes it worth paying for 2,

though if you get a bus that fills up the thais standing wont like/understand you taking 2 seats

even though you paid for them.

What village you going to?

Got some mates and places to go in town if you want.

Going to Na Duang about 40min's from Loei,

I've been there once before,so this will be my second trip, might even hire a car in Loei as to get around a bit easier ,can u recomend anyone who rents cars,

Last time there we hired a boat for a day on the river mann , great day,

I'll probably only be there for 5 days, but any advice on places to go will be much appreciated. :001_Thank_You5: