Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

18 Coins - good food, shite service

This is the norm in almost every Thai restaurant .

not in my experience, never in all the time I have been in any place in Thailand has my food arrived before the ladies food. same time yes , before never .

I thought it was always because it was it feed lady 1st

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been eating at this place regularly now for about 1 year and feel the need to share my disappointment with the crap attitude of the service staff.

Without fail, there is an average of 1 cock up a week with my order, which I put down to the lazy attitude of the girls there. They treat the place like they're working in a bar, touting for punters. It's embarassing.

Here's a flavour of what's going on:

• My food gets served first, my wife's food turns up about 10 minutes later.
  • Food gets served but they forget to give you a knife and fork
  • They fuck up the order when you give it - you order Thai food with chicken and you end up with shrimp instead
  • They fuck up the order again - 2 bottles of water on the check bin when you only ordered 1
  • They fuck up the order again - this time, only 1 bottle of water written on the check bin but you ordered and were given 2 bottles
  • The bill varies in price, some days the same order will cost more, when you query this they blame it on a "new cashier" but make no effort to appease you and insist you pay the inflated price
  • General sloppy service, some of the girls walking around taking orders with faces like a slapped arse

I can't fault the food here, but the service is really letting the place down.

i've lived in thailand a few years now and said to myself that i never wanted to become a moany old bastard but it's exactly this kind of shit that after a few years really starts to grate.

it happens in so many restaurants...even when the food is great. unless they are farang owned and the prices are a bit higher and the owner takes a real interest in customer service. part of the problem is employing dross and not training them up to minimal standards.

i try to live with it now and not let it get to me. fucking hard work i tell you

i take pleasure it going off the handle in english then catching them out when they bitch and moan in thai. i speak thai and they think i'm just another tourist. unfortunately most of the crap service is due to the staff being fucking simpletons who don't have a fucking clue about life beyond they farm.

it happens all over in all aspects of life...much less so in the non tourist areas however. they're still thick there but they're just nicer :)

post-44180-0-59180800-1344972136.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I always understood that Asians eat 'family style', sharing dishes, not 'mine' and 'yours', and dishes are brought to the table as they are prepared not held back to be served at the same time.

not in my experience, never in all the time I have been in any place in Thailand has my food arrived before the ladies food. same time yes , before never .

I thought it was always because it was it feed lady 1st

Nah it happened to me also mostly in Soi Buckeou (sorry about the spelling)

Nah it happened to me also mostly in Soi Buckeou (sorry about the spelling)

give to a name of a place and I try it out see if I can mine 1st , maybe they just don't like me, or come to think of it , my lady normally orders I wonder what she does say now.

i used it quite abit the last time great value for money.is the one with the big tits (not the lady boy) game for a laugh or has she got a sponser? theres some thing about her i'd love a go on her!!

f**k it...lets do it!!

i used it quite abit the last time great value for money.is the one with the big tits (not the lady boy) game for a laugh or has she got a sponser? theres some thing about her i'd love a go on her!!

She's my friends girlfriend, great personality, great company when she's out for a drink with the Mrs and me and a definite asset to 18 Coins but also very unavailable.

What about the ladyboy with the big arse and tits. Is she available ? I guess not if she works at the restaurant.

I've been eating at this place regularly now for about 1 year and feel the need to share my disappointment with the crap attitude of the service staff.

Without fail, there is an average of 1 cock up a week with my order, which I put down to the lazy attitude of the girls there. They treat the place like they're working in a bar, touting for punters. It's embarassing.

Here's a flavour of what's going on:

• My food gets served first, my wife's food turns up about 10 minutes later.
  • Food gets served but they forget to give you a knife and fork
  • They fuck up the order when you give it - you order Thai food with chicken and you end up with shrimp instead
  • They fuck up the order again - 2 bottles of water on the check bin when you only ordered 1
  • They fuck up the order again - this time, only 1 bottle of water written on the check bin but you ordered and were given 2 bottles
  • The bill varies in price, some days the same order will cost more, when you query this they blame it on a "new cashier" but make no effort to appease you and insist you pay the inflated price
  • General sloppy service, some of the girls walking around taking orders with faces like a slapped arse

I can't fault the food here, but the service is really letting the place down.

Cant blame you for being angry....I wouldnt want a cock delivered with my food either.

She's my friends girlfriend, great personality, great company when she's out for a drink with the Mrs and me and a definite asset to 18 Coins but also very unavailable.

cheers for letting me know m8,saves me making a fool of myself over breakfast asking for the digits,shes proper happy the kind i like.it weren't that long ago most of the thai girls were like her.aaahhhh the good old days.

f**k it...lets do it!!

the foods good so i dont mind paying that bit extra and im on holiday and i dont mind if it takes a little bit longer to come as long as i have a cold beer with me

cheers for letting me know m8,saves me making a fool of myself over breakfast asking for the digits,shes proper happy the kind i like.it weren't that long ago most of the thai girls were like her.aaahhhh the good old days.

Agree with you on all the above. If only the girls in the bars had her attitude eh ?

• 4 weeks later...

What about the ladyboy with the big arse and tits. Is she available ? I guess not if she works at the restaurant.

I ate breakfast and meal there twice last month...My food was ok and i also noticed a nice chubby waitress with a big ass...She had a really nice body with some tanned long legs...Are we talking about the same person ? OMG she's a man ? :GoldenSmile1:

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

• 1 month later...

I thought the food was good here when I visited.

Had a special steak dinner that they had for 129 baht that was great.

There 299 baht surf and turf is not such a good deal as the shrimp are more like bay shrimp and steak too fatty.

I had breakfast there and it was outstanding both times. Food prices are cheap.

Noticed that there are a couple ladyboys working here who are a bit over the top flirtatious and noticed staff were pretty much just managing themselves without a boss.

Asia 154.JPG

Asia 155.JPG

Asia 225.JPG

Asia 308.JPG

What's funny about the OP is that despite the "crap" service and a litany of incidents, he eats there regularly for a year!

Kind of reminds me of that Woody Allen routine from "Annie Hall" about the two old Jewish ladies at a resort in the Catskills.

First Lady: "The food here is terrible."

Second Lady: "And such small portions!"

This place is one of my Favorites - First of all because the meals are not MASSIVE - I like small meals - This place is PERFECT - Toad in the Hole - Gammon Steak - Chicken and Steak - Breakfasts - ETC,ETC.

Perfect meals at a Perfect Price all about 130 Baht.

I'm dribbling just thinking about there food,,,,

Everytime I go it`s hard to get a seat - so they must be doing something right.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few places that do a good job, but it's very difficult to find consistent good food/value for money and good service in this town, buyer beware. Just around the corner down the next small soi from 18 Coins is a small Italian restaurant. It was very popular within the Italian community, used to be called Maxes or Maximos, but recently sold out to a new Italian guy. The new owner is very rude, the food is horrible, served cold, and even the Italian crowd has stopped coming. I don't understand how restaurants like these can stay in business treating people like dogs given there are 1000's of other places to eat in this town. These kind of places must be struggling financially with thin profit margins and don't care about repeat customers or customer service. I lived in Bangkok 2 years and never had bad service dinning out like this but 1 time. It just seems Pattaya is full of stupid burned out small business owners like this and getting worse every year. Best place I've found with good food/service/price/attitude is Lone Star Grill Soi Lengkee, night and day difference, very good place and owners Russ and Rick!

There are a few places that do a good job, but it's very difficult to find consistent good food/value for money and good service in this town, buyer beware. Just around the corner down the next small soi from 18 Coins is a small Italian restaurant. It's was very popular within the Italian community, used to be called Maxes or Maximos, but recently sold out to a new Italian guy. The new owner is very rude, the food is horrible, served cold, and even the Italian crowd has stopped coming. I don't understand how restaurants like these can stay in business treating people like dogs given there are 1000's of other places to eat in this town. These kind of places must be struggling financially with thin profit margins and don't care about repeat customers or customer service. I lived in Bangkok 2 years and never had bad service dinning out like this but 1 time. It just seems Pattaya is full of stupid greedy small business owners like this and getting worse every year. Best place I've found with good food/service/price/attitude is Lone Star Grill Soi Lengkee, night and day difference, very good place and owners Russ and Rick!

Oh well, go to the lady with the cart on the corner of Diana and Baukhao who makes perfectly adequate pasta for 60-odd to 100-odd baht. You can sit right behind her and watch her cook it and be served while you drink a beer from that awful self-serve bar/gueshouse with all the gloomy cunts sat around the outside looking at the soi all day and night.

I'll tell you why these businesses like the one you mentioned suffer and treat people like shit even while they are going out backwards. It's because some people are just miserable cunts and have no business opening a customer service business in the first place. Whether they think it will change them, or it won't matter to their customers or their wife demanded a business, or what, I don't know, but they don't give good service and they never will because some people are cut out to work with customers and some aren't and nothing will change them.

Oh well, go to the lady with the cart on the corner of Diana and Baukhao who makes perfectly adequate pasta for 60-odd to 100-odd baht. You can sit right behind her and watch her cook it and be served while you drink a beer from that awful self-serve bar/gueshouse with all the gloomy cunts sat around the outside looking at the soi all day and night.

I'll tell you why these businesses like the one you mentioned suffer and treat people like shit even while they are going out backwards. It's because some people are just miserable cunts and have no business opening a customer service business in the first place. Whether they think it will change them, or it won't matter to their customers or their wife demanded a business, or what, I don't know, but they don't give good service and they never will because some people are cut out to work with customers and some aren't and nothing will change them.

I met the owner of the pasta stand you reference, very beautiful articulate Thai lady, but wonder why spaghetti street food, no thanks. I have found the Thai people who operate food carts have a very good attitude and are much more appreciative of my business than some of the farangs that start small restaurants. I no longer tolerate rude service and vote with my feet immediately. Dealing with the multicultural aspects of the way people do business here has become a nightmare, there are still a lot of assholes and scammers here, sometimes I forgot that. I remember watching barbecue Bob the original owner on Soi LK get frustrated dealing with customers and running his business on super thin profit margins. What was once a fun hobby turned into a nightmare, but his background was IT or engineering not being a restaurateur. After 5 or so years he had enough and sold out.

I just dont understand why they allow smoking in the restaurant area.

Some people do go to the outside area, but many are inconsiderate of other diners and the owner tolerates it.

I cant eat here again, its disgusting IMO.

I just dont understand why they allow smoking in the restaurant area.

Some people do go to the outside area, but many are inconsiderate of other diners and the owner tolerates it.

I cant eat here again, its disgusting IMO.

I agree also owners who allow customers to eat in a restaurant with no shirt. I was in 18 coins the other day and had to sit next to some neanderthal eating his food with no shirt on.

I like the food here and never had a problem with the food.

Allthough i have,nt eaten here for a while i allways thought the service was shite.

The manager seems a really nice bloke who must be very aware of all the bad press the place gets

regarding service. You would think a big effort would be made to sort it.

Maybe as long as the place is quite busy , the manament dont give a fuck about the service.

And the people who think there above the law smoking who cant be bothered to walk a few yards away from the tables,

spoiling other peoples meals .cunts

I met the owner of the pasta stand you reference, very beautiful articulate Thai lady, but wonder why spaghetti street food, no thanks.

Have you tried it? She makes a damn good spicy shrimp spaghetti, really hits the spot when you don't feel like Thai food. A lot of people seem to agree since it looks busy whenever I pass by.

Archived