IGNORED

18 Coins - good food, shite service

I've been eating at this place regularly now for about 1 year and feel the need to share my disappointment with the crap attitude of the service staff.

Without fail, there is an average of 1 cock up a week with my order, which I put down to the lazy attitude of the girls there. They treat the place like they're working in a bar, touting for punters. It's embarassing.

Here's a flavour of what's going on:

• My food gets served first, my wife's food turns up about 10 minutes later.
  • Food gets served but they forget to give you a knife and fork
  • They fuck up the order when you give it - you order Thai food with chicken and you end up with shrimp instead
  • They fuck up the order again - 2 bottles of water on the check bin when you only ordered 1
  • They fuck up the order again - this time, only 1 bottle of water written on the check bin but you ordered and were given 2 bottles
  • The bill varies in price, some days the same order will cost more, when you query this they blame it on a "new cashier" but make no effort to appease you and insist you pay the inflated price
  • General sloppy service, some of the girls walking around taking orders with faces like a slapped arse

I can't fault the food here, but the service is really letting the place down.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I stayed there for a month over Xmas/NY and ate in the place just once and they even cocked that up. Good food but slow service. To be fair there were always a lot of customers. I used to nip around the corner to La Katai in Soi Lengkee where the service was good and the food/prices were comparable.

BTW, the rooms are tiny but cheap and after 3 hours of walking around just before Xmas I couldn't find anywhere else. Looked at the rooms at Little Court and nearly heaved because they were so discusting.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Let your feet do the talking then as if I'd experienced so many mistakes I'd have moved on and found somewhere else even if the food was good. Why do you keep going back?

Plenty of other places to eat and thanks for sharing the problems you have found with the place.

I agree, I ate there on my last trip and the food took for ever to arrive. It was expensive and the service was poor, the food however was excellent

Trouble is there are plenty of other quality places in Patts with better service!

My food gets served first, my wife's food turns up about 10 minutes later.

This is the norm in almost every Thai restaurant .

i stopped going thre about a year ago because they didnt bring me change. igot sick of waiting and shouted the waitress.i got my change but it was hard work.this kind of thing has happend in other places to me and now i consider it delibrate.i think they hope you foget about it and just leave

thank god it wasnt just me..i was getting paranoid..i agree with all the posts but if youre not in a hurry it can be a giggle...its like watching reruns of faulty towers

The service isn't great but it's the same in most thai restaurants. They don't give a shit for customer satisfaction. I still go because the food is good. At least you can look at the ladyboy's tits while you are waiting.

Let your feet do the talking then as if I'd experienced so many mistakes I'd have moved on and found somewhere else even if the food was good. Why do you keep going back?

Plenty of other places to eat and thanks for sharing the problems you have found with the place.

I like the food :Think1:

Not in my experience. Pig n Whistle, Robin's Nest, to name a couple, don't dish up crap service like this.

The service isn't great but it's the same in most thai restaurants. They don't give a shit for customer satisfaction. I still go because the food is good. At least you can look at the ladyboy's tits while you are waiting.

Ha ha,yeh. The sad thing is the ladyboy's got the best body out of the lot of them.....

Have mentioned this on an earlier post too about the service which is slow and crap but the food was ok.

Would think the boss would do something about it by now as not only me that has got the same crap service there!!

Plenty choices out there so vote with your feet if no improvements

Agree the ladyboy waitress were the only things worth looking at there.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I think some of you are being too hard on this place. Food is a little more expensive but better, bigger portions than some and breakfast and daily specials are excellent value.

I have been sevral times in the last few weeks and have been surprised how busy it always seems - must be doing something right. Service was actually OK, by Thai standards anyway.

It isn't just this place that has problems with orders and service although some places are alot better than others!

Last few years I've laughed at quite a few comments in this section from Ferrang Bar/Guesthouse owners who seem to be ageing early with the stress of trying to teach their Thai chefs and staff to get HOT food out to a table so everybody seated there gets served at the same time, not in 10min intervals!

This is a problem in a lot of Thai places all over Thailand - it's what you just accept, if you understand Thailand. I'm sure there are places with excellent service that will agree with you, for a lot more.

;-)

had no problems there

girls were always friendly (curvy lb not smile to much)

food was good

always made to feel welcome :GoldenSmile1:

softlad

the service, and lack of it at times, is pretty legendary here.

the food is good value tho so we know what we are likely to get before we set foot in the place, and it remains very popular.

lots of choice in patts.

On my last trip i tried this place once. The gammon dinner was very good but waiting for it to come was an iternity and then i had to even ask for the check bin twice. never went back service was far too slow and it wasnt busy.

• 2 weeks later...

Have eaten here a few times and found the food excellent. Big portions as mentioned above. Price I thought was reasonable.

Yeah its not the quickest place to receive your order and seen one guy (seated out side) ask the staff if they had forgotten his order. They hadn't and it looked great when it finally arrived.

Waiting(within reason) doesnt bother me too much because its not like I have a busy schedule. I will be returning.

Ps - I'm guessing the owner isn't a BM here because I havn't seen him reply on any of the 18 coin threads to try and appease the critics.

Yes, the owner is not a BM here, but as I know him quite well, I thought I'd address a few points on his behalf:

1. The restaurant and hotel are completely unconnected apart from sharing the name.

2. The owner is aware of the sometimes "bad service" and is trying his best to correct this. Sometimes, it's due to the kitchen (which is quite small) being very busy, but more often it's the waitress staff not paying attention to the customers. Training isn't an issue as they all are good workers, but sometimes, they forget they are there to work - it's Thailand!!

3. The food may not be what everyone likes or wants, but it caters for a certain market and has a good year-round customer base. The consistently high number of daily customers speaks for itself.

4. The Daily Specials are limited each day (as they pretty much cost more to make than they sell for) and tend to finish about 6pm.

5. The boss is a friendly guy and open to suggestions, comments & complaints. If he's not around, you can contact him through the restaurant website (below).

To view the restaurant menu, see the updated daily special or to contact the owner, go to:

www.18coinsrestaurant.com

www.facebook.com/18coinsrestaurant

No matter where you go, there you are....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On my most recent visit a couple of weeks back i stppoed in about 5pm and had their rib-eye steak special. The service was actually very prompt for me this time (the resteraunt was about 1/2 occupied - not bad considering how quiet some places were) and the food excellent value for money - a good sized, good quality bit of steak with corn on the cob, large baked spud anf lashings of onion gravy for 139 bht. best vfm steak i've had in pattaya for some time.

i've been there on previous visits as well and the service this time was noticeably better. i do note i may have been lucky it was quite quiet.

I assumed farang food take less time to cook than Thai but not giving an excuse!

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

• 2 months later...

I eat there a lot and the service has definitely got better in recent months. I think the ladyboy's arse is getting bigger as well.

Eaten there over the years and it has always been good food , never really noticed problems with service .

Used to be two nice LBs there , only one now ?

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

I did mention it jokingly to the waitress when I waited for over 40mins for my meal.

"Tell the boss he needs a bigger kitchen to cope with demand" is the easy answer!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Archived