IGNORED

Erawan Falls

missedherB

Here are the 7 levels of Erawan Falls.....a must see if you are in Kanchanaburi. Located 64km's north of the town of Kanchanaburi on route 3199. Get there early, around 8am and you will have the place to yourself, you can even book a room in the national park, if you are romantic man :GoldenSmile1:

This is level number 1.

You gotta climb these stairs to get to level number 4...... :68:

From level 1 to level 7 is about 1500m, a bit of a slog but you can take a dip at most levels.

Level number 4.

A good place to swim.

I guess there is not a lot of water at the moment? Maybe better going Oct./Nov.?

Looks nice mate, will maybe take a trip there in may for a day off..cheers

I guess there is not a lot of water at the moment? Maybe better going Oct./Nov.?

Yes, October is the best time to go, these vid's were taken last October, but i found it a nice place to go all year round, just get there early to beat the heat and tour busses that roll up around 10 to 10:30am.

Thanks for posting ...... but .......

I've been there yesterday and i really thought it was the worst place in Thailand .

I know it was the wrong day (Sunday 11.00am) but there where thousands of Thai with tons of food elbowing

their way up for the best spot to sit and most important eat , eat , eat .

Together with hundreds and hundreds of Russians who get dumped with busloads to spend a few hours

made us turn around after 30 minutes .

As finishing touch the 'Thai pay 40 Baht , farang pay 200 Baht rule' i don't think i will ever go back .

Around Chiang Mai are much bigger and more beautifull waterfalls , not busy and all for free .

A few pics from yesterday , nothing romatic about that . So go very early and not in weekends .

IMG_8821-2.jpg

IMG_8825-2.jpg

Thanks for posting ...... but .......

I've been there yesterday and i really thought it was the worst place in Thailand .

I know it was the wrong day (Sunday 11.00am) but there where thousands of Thai with tons of food elbowing

their way up for the best spot to sit and most important eat , eat , eat .

Together with hundreds and hundreds of Russians who get dumped with busloads to spend a few hours

made us turn around after 30 minutes .

As finishing touch the 'Thai pay 40 Baht , farang pay 200 Baht rule' i don't think i will ever go back .

Around Chiang Mai are much bigger and more beautifull waterfalls , not busy and all for free .

A few pics from yesterday , nothing romatic about that . So go very early and not in weekends .

Hey Jerry, I always get there before 8am, I have even rolled up at 7am and there were people on the gate, I show them my Thai driver’s license and I pay Thai price, but even at 200 baht a pop it is well worth seeing.

I would have not liked to be there at that time either, it looks a terrible place with all those people.

You don’t see any people in my vid’s……get there early.

After level number 6 and just before level number 7, is this, you have to walk along a large fallen tree trunk, IMO it is by far the nicest level, but easy to miss.

You hab made it...Level Number 7...Now you just gotta get back down.... :GoldenSmile1:

Put them all together and you get this.....

Just remember to get there early.....and never on a weekend.

Level number 4.

A good place to swim.

How far is Erawanfalls from Kanchananburi town?

I've been Kanchananburi a couple of times but never the falls ,i plan to go go back in July, maybe visit them if not too far.

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

How far is Erawanfalls from Kanchananburi town?

I've been Kanchananburi a couple of times but never the falls ,i plan to go go back in July, maybe visit them if not too far.

Hey sooksi, Erawan National Park is 64km's north of the town of Kanchanaburi on route 3199. I love the place, but remember...dont go on the weekends and roll up early.....8am, it takes about 40 to 60 minutes to get there.

good luck, i hope you enjoy them...

thanks for the post MHB, definately looks like a plan one early morning - earlier the better for good photos in any case. Will be in town November, should be ideal. I'll good bloke myself and take the lucky lady for an early morning spin...

Anyone know how early they open?

Red

"Just trying to have a little bit of fun folks, that's all." - Dean Martin

Hey sooksi, Erawan National Park is 64km's north of the town of Kanchanaburi on route 3199. I love the place, but remember...dont go on the weekends and roll up early.....8am, it takes about 40 to 60 minutes to get there.

good luck, i hope you enjoy them...

Many thanks.

Early start is probably the reason i've not bee yet! I go with my girl, and getting up early isn't one of her strong points!

Cheers

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

thanks for the post MHB, definately looks like a plan one early morning - earlier the better for good photos in any case. Will be in town November, should be ideal. I'll good bloke myself and take the lucky lady for an early morning spin...

Anyone know how early they open?

ive rolled up at 7am and there was someone on the gate.....but if you get there just before 8am it will be great, those crowded photos are real and scary. November is a good time to go, heaps of water flowing. You can also stay in the national park....I have met people that were staying in the park going for an early morning dip.....I have never stayed in the park but i will one day, hope you enjoy.

Many thanks.

Early start is probably the reason i've not bee yet! I go with my girl, and getting up early isn't one of her strong points!

Cheers

Yes...they lub their sa-leeeeep!.... :GoldenSmile1: 55555555

_MG_7903zza.jpg

Here is a photo of Level number 7 at the height of the wet season last October.

I guess that if you do manage to get there early enough before the crowds arrive it must be quite a magical place to visit.

Would be good to know a bit more about your journey/timetable to get there. Where did you travel from, where did you stay, etc.

Good idea Vessy5,

A good place to stay in Kanchanaburi is Phog Phen Guest house, right in the center of the main drag and all the restaurants, other guest houses and bars, a great little place, nice staff and really good food, rooms from 400 to 1300 baht a night, I usually get the 1000baht a night bungalow, they can, like all guest houses, arrange taxis and mini buses to anywhere. Here is there website…..

http://www.pongphen.com/rooms.htm

IMG_7869.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

The Bungalows.

If you are feeling romantic and want to spend some quiet time with your lady, a little town about 10 km’s north of Kanchanaburi is Nong Bua. There are many resorts right on the River Kwai Noi. A very reasonably priced resort called Xanadu, run by an English guy and his Thai wife, lovely people, they can arrange any tour and transportation to anywhere. You can get there by baht bus or taxi from central Kanchanaburi for 180 to 200 baht, most drivers know the place well.

1.JPG

Most taxi or baht bus drivers know of this place.

2.jpg

Nice pool and restaurant area.

3.JPG

Right on the RIver Kwai Noi (small).

4.JPG

5.jpg

This is two singles or family accommodation with a door joining both looms,

6.jpg

SIngle Accommodation.

7.jpg

http://xanaduresort2008.com/ their web site.

Archived