Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Should You Ask To Get Upgraded?

GDT

Hey all,

I often read about members who've had the good fortune to have their rooms upgraded. This has never happened to me. I'll be coming to Thailand in June (low season) and am wondering if blatently asking the hotel for an upgrade ever has any effect?

GDT

Hey all,

I often read about members who've had the good fortune to have their rooms upgraded. This has never happened to me. I'll be coming to Thailand in June (low season) and am wondering if blatently asking the hotel for an upgrade ever has any effect?

GDT

In my experience hotels and airline etc with reward programs offer "upgrades" to its members, the higher your tier the more chance of an upgrade. It would be unusual to get a free room upgrade unless your a regular guest / they over sold your type of room.

Worth a try - especially if you are prepared to pay cash in advance, and/or if you are staying for longer than a few days. Upgrade or discount should be on the cards, especially low season.

Red

"Just trying to have a little bit of fun folks, that's all." - Dean Martin

Nothing to lose, give it a try.

I know the "$20 sandwich" often works well in Vegas, but maybe it's not so subtle in Pattaya.

I would say that you can only ask. I thought I had reserved my hotel in Bangkok on my last trip when I arrived but it was reserved for the next day. I politely smile and asked if there was any rooms available and could I possibly have the same accomodation that I reserved. Not only was my request granted but I did receive an upgrade. Kindness and Politeness goes a long way in Thailland.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

• 1 month later...

Let me echo Jarrod's point, any form of negotiation in Thailand including an upgrade must be conducted in a light and polite fashion and always with a big smile on your face. I also tell the reception staff that my mate has stayed there before and that he says the hotel and staff are number 1...a little flattery goles a long way. When I get my upgrade, i go to the 7-11 and get some sweets and drinks for reception...works wonders.

• 1 month later...

Just an update here, being written in Dream.

I arrived at the hotel and a farang backpacker-like dude was chewing out the front desk cause the internet was down. The front desk guy was being polite and trying to explain he'd already called IT. When it was my turn I smiled, spoke a bit of Thai and asked him about his day. Ohhhh so busy he said. I waited a moment then asked him if it might be possible to get a room on a high floor. He said the hotel was booked solid. I said no problem and smiled. He said wait a minute. He found me a 9th floor deluxe room and upgraded me at no charge.

Politeness goes a long way.

Let me echo Jarrod's point, any form of negotiation in Thailand including an upgrade must be conducted in a light and polite fashion and always with a big smile on your face. I also tell the reception staff that my mate has stayed there before and that he says the hotel and staff are number 1...a little flattery goles a long way. When I get my upgrade, i go to the 7-11 and get some sweets and drinks for reception...works wonders.

This also works a dream on Bar Girls GG Girls and FL i say my Mate shagged them and they were great they then give a a right seeing too 5555

Ghosty

Kindness and Politeness goes a long way in Thailland.

Exactly my sentiments. Well said

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

Nothing to lose, give it a try.

I know the "$20 sandwich" often works well in Vegas, but maybe it's not so subtle in Pattaya.

I know exactly what you mean but maybe others don't get the grease the palm comment.

If you fold a $20 U.S. in half the long way in advance and have it in your shirt pocket then take it and fold in over to shorten it in front of the desk person and say what can you do for me??? and offer to shake hands you will be surprised at how many SMILES you will get in this World. Now some may ignore you but nothing lost really since it would be RARE if someone was so offended that they purposely gave you the noisey room by the elevator.

Just an update here, being written in Dream.

I arrived at the hotel and a farang backpacker-like dude was chewing out the front desk cause the internet was down. The front desk guy was being polite and trying to explain he'd already called IT. When it was my turn I smiled, spoke a bit of Thai and asked him about his day. Ohhhh so busy he said. I waited a moment then asked him if it might be possible to get a room on a high floor. He said the hotel was booked solid. I said no problem and smiled. He said wait a minute. He found me a 9th floor deluxe room and upgraded me at no charge.

Politeness goes a long way.

Guarantee CASH goes alot farther. Politeness or gimmicks (BS LINES) like my friend/mate says are one thing but these people here this 350 days a year so you are not fooling anyone. I got a $300 a night suite at a Crown Plaza in Florida for the price of a Deluxe Room of $140 simply by mentioning I would really be appreciative of a comfortable room and asking for change for a $50. I only gave him twenty.

My little friend loved the huge jacuzzi and it was the best 20 I spent all day.

I have tried ghosty trick & succeed. Tell your friend shagged her then say ur friend realy appreciated her & her work. Definately she will give some discount also service will be better on the bed.

This also works a dream on Bar Girls GG Girls and FL i say my Mate shagged them and they were great they then give a a right seeing too 5555

Ghosty

Ghosty thats a good one mate :GoldenSmile1: