IGNORED

What can i bring over to an Ophanage.

gary09

HI all, ,

i will be in Pattaya from early May 2012, i'd like to help out a local Orphanage if possible, do they require things like pens /pencils/textas etc, books ? or what can i bring over from Australia to help in any way.

cheers Gary

Edited by gary09

Brilliant gesture. Obviously a Baht donation is always welcomed, though colouring books, school supplies as you've mentioned (pencile cases, colored pens) soccer balls and key ring sized kangaroos to hang off their bags. Well done!

I,m a member there too Father Ray Orphanage... Money is the best to help em but if you bring anything that they require, they will be delighted, Books had to be written in Thai .. Fair play to you and others who contribute to the good cause,,, :Bravo1:

Thanks mate , iam bringing over a suitcase & will be half empty as iam only away 17 days , so i can fill it up with stationary items , & koala, kangaroo key rings if they like that stuff, who can i contact from orphange direct to drop these items off, i remember a few years back i met a lot of guys from this group who on leave who were from Iraq who organised a trip to a local orphange in patts , and donated a lot of $$$, i left the day b4 so couldnt make it ,

Have a look here for a bit of background:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/84245-camillian-center-vs-pattaya-orphanage/page__hl__orphanage__fromsearch__1

I'm sure some of the BMs involvd in the last big give to local orphanages will chip in with specific suggestions.

Pattaya Orphanage web-site here: http://www.thepattayaorphanage.org/

Camillian web-site here: http://www.hiv-aids-kids.org/

They have a requirements page on their website that lists what they need.

And if they are running one when you are here their fund raisers are pretty good, we went to an acrobatic show the other month which we all enjoyed.

I,m a member there too Father Ray Orphanage... Money is the best to help em but if you bring anything that they require, they will be delighted, Books had to be written in Thai .. Fair play to you and others who contribute to the good cause,,, :Bravo1:

Jocky King is correct. Money is the best thing to give. I also brought a lot of food from Big C with us as well to Father Ray Orphanage. I wrote a thread about it.

Edited by quenton79

I would like to make a donation when iam there, Do you just rock up with what ever you giving? Or do you need to contact them first? I will be giving money and something from there needs list.

The things they need MOST are usually listed on the website, These are things like shampoo, toothpaste, powder baby milk etc. They actually prefer these to "cash" (to avoid any accounting "issues" etc, a problem they have encountered before).

Most are heavy items so are best purchased at a supermarket in Pattaya, not taking up luggage space.

They do NOT want, or need, cuddly toys etc. Go to father Reys and they will show you a room crammed with new cuddly toys - all graciously donated and received but of very little worth to them as they have thousands.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I would like to make a donation when iam there, Do you just rock up with what ever you giving? Or do you need to contact them first? I will be giving money and something from there needs list.

Just show up and they will be more than happy to assist you!!

Hi Gary,

I once organised an orphanage run (Oct 09). We had a great day hiring a baht bus and then shopping at Carrefour (now Big C).

I have sent you a PM

I did a similar thing just before christmas , I sent the an email a few weeks before departing aus , they have an international relations department , i forget her name but the lady that responds to you email is the same lady that you will meet on the day that you visit (it turned out that way for me). At that time they were in need of baby formula for premature babies , i investigated the price of bringing it from aus buy i could not find it cheaper here.

On the email that they replied too stated the visiting hours , i just caught a motorcycle taxi ( make sure that you go to the pattaya orphanage not the father ray foundation they are about 400 apart, the orphanage is 400 metres further north along sukumvit road . I walked into the drive way , there was no guards or anything , when i got to first building entrance i was greeted by one of the older children she took me to the internatioal relations room , from there i was given a tour of the facilities , new borns , toddlers , the i visited a small classroom of kindergarden aged kids , your visit cannot exced 1 hour.

At the end of the day giving them the cash money is the best option , they can purchase what they want , when they want and they have suppliers that can be a little bit cheaper than the supermarkets . You will be given a reciept of the amount that you have donated and i was also given a book about the orphanage. . overall a humbling experience

Have thought several times of visiting.

Out of curiosity, what would they consider a meangingful amount to donate if you were to visit?

What is the difference between the two orphanages - are they of similar size, numbers?

Do you need to give them advance notice of your visit or can you just turn up?

Guess I need to stop thinking about it and just do it on my next trip!

Have thought several times of visiting.

Out of curiosity, what would they consider a meangingful amount to donate if you were to visit?

What is the difference between the two orphanages - are they of similar size, numbers?

Do you need to give them advance notice of your visit or can you just turn up?

Guess I need to stop thinking about it and just do it on my next trip!

I donated 10,000 baht , i had plenty of money at the time , (i must say they appeared supprised at the amount a single person donated )

From what i understand the Father Ray Foundation is a seperate charity alltogether (but at the begining they were one) i belive they assist with other parts of the community .

I just walked in off the street , just make sure that they you stick to the visiting hours .

They will check you temperature before entering the toddlers section , (risk of transfering fever)so if you are unwell it is best to not visit on that day .

Hey Gary the the advice given is great. I agree with the toy thing. They already have tons of them so not much use although one one trip I brought a REAL football from the US and I don't think they had one of those so one of the boys seemed to like it. LOL

Candy seemed to be a big hit too. The best bet is the links given to the Orphanages critical needs page and of course you can't go wrong with cash.

Get a few guys together to go with you and take some girls. You'll have a great day. Take a hanky too you might need it.

Pattaya8_00156.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i have just emailed the ophanaged and they replied within 1/2 hr, i will be bring some medical supplies from aust. & the rest i will purchse in Patts,

i will be in town from May 1 - May 12,

any BM's in town during this period would like to join in ? i still havnt locked in a date as yet will do once i arrive & know if anybody else is able to come along as well .

can anybody recommend markets/supermarket where i may b able to purchase supplies ?

Cheers Gary

i have just emailed the ophanaged and they replied within 1/2 hr, i will be bring some medical supplies from aust. & the rest i will purchse in Patts,

i will be in town from May 1 - May 12,

any BM's in town during this period would like to join in ? i still havnt locked in a date as yet will do once i arrive & know if anybody else is able to come along as well .

can anybody recommend markets/supermarket where i may b able to purchase supplies ?

Cheers Gary

Will be in towm until 6th May and would like to try and be included if possible please/

Will be in towm until 6th May and would like to try and be included if possible please/

Hi Vessey,

. I just received an email (below in blue) giving me dates that work best for the orphange -

"My colleague kindly gave me an update of our general schedule. It seems the best days are 8th, 9th and 10th May in the mornings, meaning between 9:00 and 11:00 hrs".

Dates just after u leave ? but i see if they can make times available the week earlier, i know i can drop in & donate anytime , but i'd like visit the centre & stay and meet the kids.

wetwillie is a little modest, as he introduced me to the idea of donating to the Orphanage on my first Pattaya trip. On the occasion, we had a small Meet, everyone threw money into the pot, and we went shopping to buy things from the Orphanages "needs" list. We ended up giving them half a baht-bus full of rice, nappies etc and all the remaining cash.

Second trip last year culminated in the Orphans Party and over 260,000THB was raised and given to the Orphanage.

So, either buy what the Orphanage actually needs, or give them cash, or both. No disrespect intended, but cuddly toys and key-rings are no use to them, they'd place more value in a sack of rice instead.

And do take some tissues when you visit, there were a lot of watery eyed BM's in the creche the day we took the proceeds from the party in.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Re giving money. Some years back I was involved with a group of expats who raised a considerable sum for an orphanage down South. After the money was donated we found out the staff had bought a new fridge for their lunch room and the director bought himself a new car. I'm not saying this would be the case with Pattaya orphanage but due to our experience we decided that it would be better to donate food, especially milk formulae, clothing, educational items and things that are on the orphanage's want list. But cash may not actually reach the kiddies. Just something to think about.

Now this might be a little out of order, and I debated posting it, but after thinking for the last Hour or so I though Fcuk it, so what every Orphanage needs is one of these

ollie read.jpg

If you have to think about it or wonder, then my little attempt of Humour is wasted. Probably the best Character this Man ever played.

In my defence what those of you are doing is commendable

Cheers

GHOSTY999.gif

Ghosty I think young Oliver would have been the Ultimate Pattaya Addict. Imagine a bar crawl with him.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

90 Days with a Thai Girl in Oz

"Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. William Ernest Henley