IGNORED

Changing Hotel. Advise.

SlickMonkey

In the past I normally stayed at City Lodge Soi 19 or Dynasty Grande Soi 6 or Majestic Grande. I really dont care about a pool.

Im looking at changing hotels this time to one of the following hotels. Pro's/Con's??

Citadines Soi 11

Phachara Suites Soi 6

Dawin Soi 4

Thanks!

Over the past years I stayed quite a lot in the Majestic Grande. My appreciation for the hotel went downhill over the same time. It looks to me that things are not going too well. The last two times my room (grande luxe or grande executive suite) was not ready. Even when arriving after 15.00 hours. Furthermore cleaning of the room was so so. From one of the staff members (no name) I understood that there was a lack of cleaning staff.

The Philippino band in the lobby bar has gone a long time ago and the last time I did not see the piano player in the lobby. On my last visit (February 2012) it was the last evening the Sacz bar and restaurant was open as they would be closed as per the next day.

I will not go back and will be looking for alternatives.

Dawin is good location, never had any issues in the 6 times I stayed there. Stayed Majestic Suites last trip, a little older now and could do with refurbish but hey at the price all we really need is a bed to sleep in or bonk on, a shower and dunny and a safe.
Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

My vote is the Darwin location price and staff attitude is the swing it factor for me

What's up with the Grande Dynasty? Just curious. The Dawin has the same owner BTW. I have only heard good things about the Dawin and Phachara Suites.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark (Always Bar4)

What's up with the Grande Dynasty? Just curious. The Dawin has the same owner BTW. I have only heard good things about the Dawin and Phachara Suites.

Cheers,

Mark

yes same owners but the Dawin is new, or newish.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Try... The Dream or Kingston Suites...both in Soi 15

Phachara Suites Soi 6, i have stayed their twice , i stayed in their studio executive room , pics are the same as the ones you see on their website , booked through Agoda both times , guest friendly , free internet in lobby on their computer . Free tuk tuk service to the sky train station . i will be staying their again

Looks like Ill b staying at Dawin this time. Thanks for the advice!

i stayed close to the indira market... got some good hotels there, just outside the market/shopping centre and its few mins ride by tuk tuk from the mbk

Queen Vic in Soi 6 is great, Great rooms overlooking Soi 6 (free entertainment) if you book a balcony room, rooms are all on-suite, very clean, they are cleaned everyday with fresh linen and towels there is a safe in all rooms, they are all air-conditioned and are very guest friendly. The food is outstanding, they do both Thai and european food and a great sunday roast dinner.

However you guest must be in possesion of an identity card which they must hand over to the hotel security when you bring them there and they collect on the way out

Its a strange request, but does anyone know if the Dawin hotel has a toilet hose? I hate wiping my ass with toilet paper and prefer to use the hose.

I've never heard of any of these places, but I can't see staying on the Soi 6 nuthouse.