Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rare Old Yank

M.C.H.

1954 Oldsmobile Rocket F88 only one in existence they only ever created 2

securedownload (7).jpg

securedownload (8).jpg

securedownload (9).jpg

Wow! In the days when the Yanks knew how to build cars…..i lub those old yank tanks…...thanks for the picture.

Very sweet ride! Judging from the condition its in and the fact that it's the only one, I figured it was worth a Mint, so I Googled it: sold at auction for a little over $3.2 million USD. Wow!

Looks a lot like the Corvettes from around then -- I freakin LOVE them!

footypjman

Olds designed the car as competition for the Corvette it had a V8 as against the Chevies 6 but Chevrolet was making money so GM shelved the Rocket, The one in the picture was found years later in bits stored in wooden crates

faaaark very sexy car, love the old yank tanks with fins and chrome

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is beaut! Beautiful work and the feeling inside must be amazing. Thanks for sharing, I admire the beauty of this wonderful piece.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that was the era of the wonderful English sports cars, sold in huge numbers in America. Here is a 1954 Austin Haley.

1954_Austin_Healey_100_000.jpg

Easy to see why they didn't try to build more than the prototype of this Oldsmobile, isn't it? The Haley would go like hot cakes even now, 60 years later.

Wow! In the days when the Yanks knew how to build cars…..i lub those old yank tanks…...thanks for the picture.

They do know how again. In the last three years, Yankee cars have been superior to Japanese/Korean both in performance and design. German cars still superior.

cytolliver

Taken the manufacturers to many years to get away from the "brute force & ignorance" (no disrespect) concept that was the norm for the car producers in the states. Even now very few have any street cred around the world other than some of the muscle cars of today. German cars superior, in many cases yes but not all two of the greatest names in motoring history Rolls Royce & Bentley are still produced in England, (yes I know they are financed by German companies)

I “bought" this in 95 as part of a land deal. Drove it around for a few years because the girls loved it. Selling it was one of my big regrets.

t Bird 2.jpg

Tbird.jpg

Every man should chase his dreams.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I “bought" this in 95 as part of a land deal. Drove it around for a few years because the girls loved it. Selling it was one of my big regrets.

t Bird 2.jpg

Tbird.jpg

Every man should chase his dreams.

Looks like 1959 or 1960. Elvis Presley loved pink cadillacs ( though I can't tell if it's a caddy)

Looks like 1959 or 1960. Elvis Presley loved pink cadillacs ( though I can't tell if it's a caddy)

It is a 57 Ford T/bird with a 4.2 litre V8. Ford launched in 55, 56 and 57 to compete with Corvets. They thoughtthe market was young female so they made White, Black, Baby Blue Yellow and Pink to attract the girls.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

andyaus

Very envious, years ago when living in the UK always fancied a "Yank Tank" but to find one I liked with RHD was virtually impossible, thus I started a great love affair with IMO one of the all time greats the Jaguar

They do know how again. In the last three years, Yankee cars have been superior to Japanese/Korean both in performance and design. German cars still superior.

Ok now maybe they can do something about reliability ...

• 3 weeks later...

There are good news from America indeed. http://autos.yahoo.c...-165907072.html

A four door electric Sedan with a 265-mile range. The Germans haven't anything of this kind. Would be interested to buy one, but I don't think they'll be imported to Europe.

Mmmmmmmmmm,wouldn't go that far.Chrysler are still building Jeeps,Ford are building Fusions and GM are,unfortunately still building shitty pick up trucks.

But yes,they are getting better.Still a ways to o tho.

One that we just repaired....oh my God.

image.jpg

image.jpg