IGNORED

Visa run: seeking advice

onthego

I'm thinking of extending my stay, which is currently on a 30 days "visa on arrival". The options seem to be:

land border visa run to get a 15 day visa, or an international flight visa run for another 30 day visa.

I'd appreciate suggestions on the cheapes/fastest way to do either. Presumably there are companies offering these visa runs?.

Any international flights from U-tapao?

TIA

Edited by onthego

How long do you actually want.

If 15 days is enough then a 2500 Baht minibus is cheapest.

If you need 15 -30 days, then look on AirAsia for the cheapest flight to Phnom Penh.

If you really want longer than that, you might want to look at getting a Tourist Visa while you're out.

Five Star Visa Runs and First Class Visa Runs are a comfortable way to do it for 2500, Cambodia Inter is 1800 baht and it was comfortable as well, just no TV with movies and only a 30 baht meal included instead of breakfast/lunch etc. If you can get a cheap Air Asia flight as Edge said I would go for that. I think Utapao has planes going to Russia but it would be more expensive then Cambodia.

1st Class Visa are really, really excellent for 2,500 baht. Decent amount of leg room in bus, no picking up waifs and strays on the way out and multiple drop offs at the end of the day. Back mid afternoon after a fairly relaxed day. Well worth the extra 500 baht compared to a lot of the other operators imo.

Well what you haven't told us is how much longer you want to extend your your stay. The various options we can tell you about depend on how many extra days you'd like. But what you've been informed already here should give you your answer.

Thanks for the inputs.

I'm thinking of extending my stay by 25-30 days.

two options: 1) fly to PP Cambodia by Air Asia and come back to Thailand getting 30 days at BKK airport. 2) do 2 X Cambo border runs @ 2000Bt each in the vans which any one of hundreds of travel/tour agencies in Patts can arrange for you, the 2 border runs in the vans will give you 2 X 15 days = 30 days.

or one more option i guess to take a domestic flight or catch a rail to udon thani and cross the border over to laos and back...