IGNORED

Eva Air reducing flghts ex Heathrow to 5 weekly

brownmanc

For the summer months flights will be reduced. Announcement shortly.

Think this normal and no problems we should worry about as low season and most Eva Flights run 85% full

This starts 17th April to mid Jun, i hope they are back to normal later in the year

This starts 17th April to mid Jun, i hope they are back to normal later in the year

Also some flights BKK to AMSterdam are taken out shedule.

But KLM have goof offers that direction 668 € and every day

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Not good news IMO.

Thai airways have also cut capacity using smaller aircrafts.

Thanks for the info & news.

:001_Sawasdee:

Like i said chaps all normal no problems and just yesterday agreed a deal with Star Alliance as a member

Eva Air are not and will be having any issues and their pre tax profits are Black again

Looks like they're cutting the Monday and Wednesday flights out of Heathrow.

Yes they are redeploying the 777's on a more profitable route. New Emission regulations fees are making overseas airline more reluntant to fly into the UK if the same motors can be more lucrative elsewhere.

I never buy the argument of fuel costs and lower pax numbers as an issue. Airlines want their aircraft in the air 24 hours a day if possible. They lose thousands for every minute they are on the ground. Lease/financing fees and airport parking charges are still payable where ever they are. It costs £38k an hour for a 747 to sit at Heathrow.

Lots of airlines seem to be cutting capacity. Air france / KLM previously had daily flights from both Paris and Amsterdam. The daily flights from Amsterdam remain, but there are now only 3 per week from Paris, Monday Wednesday and Saturday I think.

Like i said chaps all normal no problems and just yesterday agreed a deal with Star Alliance as a member

Eva Air are not and will be having any issues and their pre tax profits are Black again

Star Alliance Member ???? Thanks for the info.

:Wassup1:

I think it's the Thursday flight from Heathrow that has been chopped - I'm flying on a Wed at the end of May because the Thursday is no longer available and I booked this direct with EVA.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather Eva cancel their flights in advance as they are doing now, rather than what they've done in previous years and cancel them at short notice which i've found to my cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Until they start to deal with some serious pilot contract issues. Then the cutting will begin.