Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fishing Charters

promotz

Hi guys

I would like to do some fishing down here but don't know of any charters

Can anyone recommend any and/or share their experiences

Cheers

Pattaya diving and fishing (previously called seaduction) has a good reputation for fishing. http://www.pattayadivingandfishing.com/

Dont expect too much though, through years of overfishing there is not a great deal of fish left in the immediate area around Pattaya. All them hungry bar girls like seafood.

I have already contacted them, will be going out in a few days.

Not really expecting too much as I just had a disappointing time down in Phuket.

Anything will be a good start and they are not over priced.

I'll let you guys know how successful we were

I have already contacted them, will be going out in a few days.

Not really expecting too much as I just had a disappointing time down in Phuket.

Anything will be a good start and they are not over priced.

I'll let you guys know how successful we were

The guy that runs the place is a keen fisherman and quite often go's on the trips to fish himself. he does seem to know what he is doing and has a lot of local knowledge, some planning go's into his trips where as most just take you out in a boat and leave the rest to chance.

I went once with a dive shop at the central road / beach road junction (forget the name), and it was simply a joke, crap equipment and no fish, very different to what is shown in their brochures, and staff on the boat were clueless. Back at the shop having a brief chat with the owner it became apparent he knows absolutely nothing about fishing, just another Pattaya scam for the tourists, we all live and learn.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply guys,

finally got out last week on the water

Got taxied to bansare about 7.30am then out to the first fishing spot by 8.30-9.00am

The tide was incoming and current was very strong, but captain said we will target barracuda till the top of tide

Wasn't long before we landed our first, good size 90+cm. We ended up with over half a dozen ranging from about 50cm to over 90cm.

Next we shifted positions and anchored up over a reef where we fished the rest of the afternoon. We caught a variety of reef fish including about 4 or 5 snapper (well that is what the captain said they were) in the 2-3kg range. These fish put up a really good fight to get them off the bottom.

We only headed home once the bait ran out so we return to the wharf I guess after 5pm.

Whatever fish we wanted to keep was ours, no problem.

All in all a good days fishing and would recommend to anyone interested.

p.s sorry no photo this time, try to upload when I have them on hand

Sorry for the late reply guys,

finally got out last week on the water

Got taxied to bansare about 7.30am then out to the first fishing spot by 8.30-9.00am

The tide was incoming and current was very strong, but captain said we will target barracuda till the top of tide

Wasn't long before we landed our first, good size 90+cm. We ended up with over half a dozen ranging from about 50cm to over 90cm.

Next we shifted positions and anchored up over a reef where we fished the rest of the afternoon. We caught a variety of reef fish including about 4 or 5 snapper (well that is what the captain said they were) in the 2-3kg range. These fish put up a really good fight to get them off the bottom.

We only headed home once the bait ran out so we return to the wharf I guess after 5pm.

Whatever fish we wanted to keep was ours, no problem.

All in all a good days fishing and would recommend to anyone interested.

p.s sorry no photo this time, try to upload when I have them on hand

Hi, just wondering if you chartered the boat yourself, or if you just joined a regular organised trip?

And also, what was the price?

Cheers.

i was looking for a boat but wanted to share boat with others also going in november the 11 to the 28 .

also intrested in above info please

Warm Regards

Cappy

Whats was the price for the fishing trip. If it is to expensive i go crocodile hunting...

Live the life you love.... Enjoy for Full...

Never Regret Anything you did.

Just do it...

I got quoted 12,000 baht for the whole boat ???????? do not know if this is right but boat holds

a lot of people !! full day .checking into deatails looks like un .if i can get 5 or 6 guys it will be cheap .6-12000,2,000 baht each

A GOOD DEAL I THINK ??

Hi, just wondering if you chartered the boat yourself, or if you just joined a regular organised trip?

And also, what was the price?

Cheers.

I didn't hire the boat myself, I joined in with a couple of other people. The price is depending on the number of people they take out.

Ideally 4 people is ample with plenty of room to fish. The price is from 12,000 to 15,000 for the boat for a day trip which is split between the clients. Best to go speak to them personally and get quoted exact on the price.

The reason I waited for so long was to join in with a group and I guess the waiting time isdependant on the interest at that time.

• 4 weeks later...

We do private charter from 12000 per day for the boat/bait/equipment and have a licensed bar (only one on a boat) out of Bali Hai Pier.

http://www.boatrentalsthailand.com/

The boat is Thai registered and built but owned by an Australian and includes 2 bedrooms and an extra sleeping area if fishing is not the only thing you're planning.

There is a stocked galley on board, falang toilet and 2 showers. The boat is licensed for up to 40 people (recommend 10 - 12 for a day's fishing) and can do mulit-day or overnight tours.

Cheers :Cheers9: , Admiral Ken

PS - my avatar was taken in the upper bedroom with a few friends.

I came, I saw .... I got conquered || Facebook: Pattaya Party Boat

ADMIRAL KEN ,Thanks for the reply I am very much .interested I am going to be there

November 11 to the 29 I am trying to put together group to go boat fishing once or twice .

see my post in November who is there started by Bryan wall why not post this on that post please

I think 10 to 12 guys is wonderful for a day out on the water fishing ..THANKS MATEY .

Warm regards

CAPPY

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is almost 4 years old.. Any updated info on charter fishing? I am taking some newbies next month and they want to do some charter fishing. I saw the recent thread about park fishing and they don't want to do that.

Archived