IGNORED

sodium hydroxide

not me

Anyone know where I might be able to find "food Grade" sodium hydroxide in Pattaya or Bangkok?

I take it that this is for cleaning sinks or some stuff out and not melting down a body you have hidden ? 555

Maybe some DIY outlet could advise or kitchen supplier other than that sorry cannot help

Cheers

Ghosty

seen Caustic Soda at big C but I’m not sure you would call it food grade.... I got it to unblock a sink

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

55555 .. not for melting down bodies (I would think regular lye would work for that ) ... I need "food grade" to make crunchy German pretzils :-)

nice first post...

you planning on getting into the ice business?

maybe not ..lol

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Dave .. PERECT ... THANK YOU ... :-) .. I did not even know about Amazon Asia .. THANK YOU THANK YOU :-)

55555 .. not for melting down bodies (I would think regular lye would work for that ) ... I need "food grade" to make crunchy German pretzils :-)

'Sodium hydroxide' is 'Lye'!!

It is more usual (and much easier to obtain and handle) to use sodium carbonate when making pretzels

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Regular Lye like you find in hardware stores is anywhere from 90-99% pure. "Food Grade" is supposed to be 99+% NaOH.

I have used both sodium carbonate and sodium hydroxide when making pretzels and I like the way they turn out better with NaOH. Its not that hard to handle .. just becareful .. :-)

Edited by not me