IGNORED

Trouble Down South Again

Gadget

Thanks for sharing..... Heavens knows what will happen to Pattaya if that spread, Frightening thought....

link wont work for me.

Worked alright to mine !! Even I,m in Ireland.

They are suggesting it was a gas explosion in the kitchen rather than a bomb. hotel is a Malaysian tourist destination..

"KUALA LUMPUR -- Some 11 Malaysians were among over 200 people who were injured after a gas explosion in the kitchen of a fast food outlet located at a hotel in Hat Yai, Thailand today.”

The gas blast occurred at the outlet located on the first flood of Lee Garden Plaza hotel which is a popular haunt for Malaysians.

The blast also killed three people, all locals in the 1pm incident local time.

Edited by andyaus

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I follow Richard Barrow (an english journalist based in BKK) on Twitter,

He's reported that there were bombings in Yala and Pattani Provinces, but, the hotel fire in Hat Yai, Songkhla Province was caused by a transformer/gas explosion, not a bomb.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

5,000 killed there since the troubles began, it is a lot worse than Northern Ireland troubles where 3,000 were killed..

Yep read it again, does look like a gas leak, coincidence eh?

5,000 killed there since the troubles began, it is a lot worse than Northern Ireland troubles where 3,000 were killed..

It's acually a small civil war, very similar to the very early days in Vietnam before the big US build up of troops. And terrorism has been going on in that region since the 1950s.

It's always a shame when people start bombing other people! there are just so many innocent people hurt by it all!

I think yingluck trying to find compromise a little by giving region special status but army is pushing for harder line...seems like it will rumble on until they talk to each other and come to some agreement...am sure the government would have more urgency if tourists were being targeted....

Well so far this' slow burn' insurgency has remained confined to the south of the country, but if they wanted to get the Thai governments attention, it would only need a few 'incidents' in the main tourist areas to do serious damage to the tourist industry. I hope they sort something out before things reached this stage

Well so far this' slow burn' insurgency has remained confined to the south of the country, but if they wanted to get the Thai governments attention, it would only need a few 'incidents' in the main tourist areas to do serious damage to the tourist industry. I hope they sort something out before things reached this stage

They reached that stage several years ago when they bombed Hat Yai Airport and Railway Station.

don't want to start a flame, but why is that when "muslim" or "islam" is said, "bombs" and "terrorism" come to mind? What is the problem with that religion? It would be fine by me if innocent people wouldn't get involved in this, anyway.

I feel for all the innocents that get killed by these radical extremists.

For some time now Islamic theology is often manipulated by some to serve their own ends, or so it seems to me. It's actually a very peaceful religion when practiced according to it's own doctrines.

All such a tragic shame, killing in the name of God.

It seems blasphemous, really. It always has.

Peace,

TM

For some time now Islamic theology is often manipulated by some to serve their own ends, or so it seems to me. It's actually a very peaceful religion when practiced according to it's own doctrines.

Peace,

TM

I agree all religions should be banned and the world would be a safer place. People killing people over make believe ghosts and the interpretations of the make believe ghosts words and directives is still the most stupid part of human behaviour.

They reached that stage several years ago when they bombed Hat Yai Airport and Railway Station.

I flew from Hat Yai Airport the day after the bombing and saw the destroyed closed off terminal!

I agree all religions should be banned and the world would be a safer place. People killing people over make believe ghosts and the interpretations of the make believe ghosts words and directives is still the most stupid part of human behaviour.

I totally agree!

I personally left the Swedish Christian Church years ago and will never obey to any religion again!

Karl Marx:

"Religion is the opium of the people"

Nature is the only true religion!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

don't want to start a flame, but why is that when "muslim" or "islam" is said, "bombs" and "terrorism" come to mind? What is the problem with that religion? It would be fine by me if innocent people wouldn't get involved in this, anyway.

Its not the fault of the religion. just some of the idiots that follow it.

Peace,

TM

Really? Can you name 1 muslim country where they live peacefully side by side?

This Muslim-terrorism hogwash is winding down, and the next scapegoat could be the Hindus. Quite a number of nutcases amongst them if you follow the news from India, killings of Christians, Muslims, gays, prostitutes by fundamentalist Hindus almost every day in the news. While Islam is still a related ideology, Hinduism is completely alien.

That won't be necessary. A couple of hundreds of killings of farangs in Pattaya and BKK each year do the job already, plus the casualties of the insane traffic. Crime isn't better than terrorism. Somebody said above that 5,000 were killed in the South as opposed to 3,000 in Northern Ireland, but the figure of 5,000 is not correct. Thailand's statistics speak of 3,000 victims, and they include government violence, drug traffickers (for some reason, according to government propaganda, all drug dealers in the South finance Muslim terrorism), and I bet the normal background crime rate, homicides for all sorts of reasons, are all in the terrorism statistics as well. Again, since the beginning of the so called Muslim insurgency, more farang have lost their lives in PTT and BKK than Thais in the Souths.