IGNORED

Etihad Chop Airmiles in Economy.....

Joe_Le_Force

From June 1st air miles in Economy will be cut to 50% of miles flown except for the most expensive tickets.

All standard 6 month tickets or shorter duration will have mileage accrual cut.

Pity because their mileage programme was the best there is. Looks like the Gold card will be gone !!

That's a shame as I prefer to use them from Manchester being convenient and they also have regular price reductions. I booked two days ago with them as the flight prices suddenly dropped in the night and I picked one up for £513 going out on 15th April for three weeks.

As an Etihad frequent flyer member I think it's a pity that Etihad's management has taken it upon themselves to cut their miles again (the second time in 12 months I think).

Over the past couple of years I've noticed a real decline in overall service. I believe Etihad want to turn themselves into a bargain basement long haul carrier rather than be the quality product that their advertising protrays. They now prefer to compete on price alone rather that look after their loyal customer. While of course price is important, when comparing different airlines in a similar price range, accruing miles becomes another consideration factor.

For me it's just another reason to take a closer look at the competition.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

i enjoyed my last trip with them in feb. i only paid the taxes , about 220euro.

i also got an unexpected surprise (for me) , i got a priority departure and free use of their lounge,,,,,,,food, coffee and brandy!

pity as i would like to continue with this trend!

As an Etihad frequent flyer member I think it's a pity that Etihad's management has taken it upon themselves to cut their miles again (the second time in 12 months I think).

Over the past couple of years I've noticed a real decline in overall service. I believe Etihad want to turn themselves into a bargain basement long haul carrier rather than be the quality product that their advertising protrays. They now prefer to compete on price alone rather that look after their loyal customer. While of course price is important, when comparing different airlines in a similar price range, accruing miles becomes another consideration factor.

For me it's just another reason to take a closer look at the competition.

They have just moved into profit for the first year since inception in 2004/5.

Market share purchased through a previous excellent frequent flyer scheme has done it's job.......