Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai 747 retrofitted - underseat entertainment box

belfastmatt

Hi Guys

Flying to
Bangkok
from Heathrow next week and it seems that after a break the 747 is back.

I used to love these big old planes with huge legroom and great recline in economy, the lack of personal tv didnt bother me.

I flew earlier this year on one of the retrofitted planes and while the tv was welcome, legroom was virtually non existant as a huge box now sits under many seats. I have never seen anything like these in all my years of flying.

NONE of the airline seats sites (seatguru etc) have updated for this. My question is therefore does anyone know what seats have and what dont have these boxes?? I couldnt do 11 hours with that again!

I just flew Thai Airways return from Frankfurt, only was in BKK on business for three days.

You are right about the new in flight personal entertainment, as well as the box under the seat. I was sitting in the middle of the economy class row 55C on the in und and row 52C on the outbound. There was a box each time under the aisle seat in front if me, taking away lots of room. I am 190cms tall (6 foot 4 inches) and it wasn't pleasant, but after the first service was completed I just stuck booth my feet out I the aisle.

On the inbound it wasn't so good, many people walking around bumping into my legs....but on the outbound I did the same however hardly that many people moving around....was also a much better fligh on the whole.

Guess the only way to avoid it would be to book an exit row....

Hi Guys

Flying to
from Heathrow next week and it seems that after a break the 747 is back.

I used to love these big old planes with huge legroom and great recline in economy, the lack of personal tv didnt bother me.

I flew earlier this year on one of the retrofitted planes and while the tv was welcome, legroom was virtually non existant as a huge box now sits under many seats. I have never seen anything like these in all my years of flying.

NONE of the airline seats sites (seatguru etc) have updated for this. My question is therefore does anyone know what seats have and what dont have these boxes?? I couldnt do 11 hours with that again!

I found this years back with EVA Air & them boxs piss me off.

I will keep my eye of this news as yes it can make a great old seat replaced by shit new ones & like you I do not care to fucks about PES.

I drop a pill sleep & just read some Mags.

Thanks for the thread.

I will try & get some pics on my next flight on Thai.

These new seats have also got 2 inches less pitch.

:NiceThread1:

I just flew Thai Airways return from Frankfurt, only was in BKK on business for three days.

You are right about the new in flight personal entertainment, as well as the box under the seat. I was sitting in the middle of the economy class row 55C on the in und and row 52C on the outbound. There was a box each time under the aisle seat in front if me, taking away lots of room. I am 190cms tall (6 foot 4 inches) and it wasn't pleasant, but after the first service was completed I just stuck booth my feet out I the aisle.

On the inbound it wasn't so good, many people walking around bumping into my legs....but on the outbound I did the same however hardly that many people moving around....was also a much better fligh on the whole.

Guess the only way to avoid it would be to book an exit row....

Thanks for reply.

i was in isle seat also when i had this. Did you notice if window seats have them?

Thanks for reply.

i was in isle seat also when i had this. Did you notice if window seats have them?

No sorry, seems like Thai Airways has good prices at the moment, I wante to extend the trip one day but couldn't, both inbound and outbound flights were FULL.....I paid around 650,00 Euros return......good price for a direct flight if you ask me