Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

DIY Parties in Pattaya

joelc23

First off, Greeings all! This is my first post here. Gee only 49 to go to get into advanced areas. Ok well I'm writing for now to ask about Laws and Rules for DIY type parties in Pattaya. I've been a party organizer and promoter in TX for over 15 years and for the last few years in Austin I've been renting homes/condos to throw big house parties in. I'm mostly wondering what kind of sound complaints are typical in Pattaya? Neighbor Complaints, etc. I keep my events pretty safe and well organized with yelling/screaming/frathouse kinda BS well under control. Anyone had much experience throwing their own events in Pattaya that could give me some tips on dealing with police or just any kinda of things to look out for? I hope to be organizing and throwing parties by June about every 2-3 months. Here's a sample of one of my events in Austin that I hope to do similar style in Pattaya.

Thanks for any tips!

*Namaste!*

Do a little more research about patts. before you start thinking up big ideas. All i can say to you is what you are thinking ain't gonna happen. For lots of reasons.

This is research and I have been to Pattaya, I own a condo there. Not one big enough for this kinda thing. But could you be more specific than saying "Lots of reasons"? A friend of mine in Iguana/Matrix says private parties happen often in Pattaya. You would probably say the same thing to me if you lived in Austin and saw my post there.

I think he refers to setting up a business here not problems in having parties. As far as noise and neighbors here in patts the are very tolerant or occasional loud parties just don't want a bar or Kareoke moving in next door for constant noise and parties.

What is a "DIY type" party? How does it differ from other parties ??

Ya not specific business per se, although I do charge for my parties. They only happen about every 2-4 months and I find different places for them. DIY as in Do It Yourself. It's done like a professional event, but you do it yourself. I do hire professional lighting people and sound/pa's and entertainers. (fire dancers, body painters, masseuse, djs, musicians, etc,) Also get a mobile food vender to come in or i pay a caterer. I just NEVER provide alcohol. Always BYOB on that front. Thanks for the info about the tolerance. That's what I'm looking to hear. I'm respectful of neighbors, but occasional big parties should be tolerable.

Ya not specific business per se, although I do charge for my parties. They only happen about every 2-4 months and I find different places for them. DIY as in Do It Yourself. It's done like a professional event, but you do it yourself. I do hire professional lighting people and sound/pa's and entertainers. (fire dancers, body painters, masseuse, djs, musicians, etc,) Also get a mobile food vender to come in or i pay a caterer. I just NEVER provide alcohol. Always BYOB on that front. Thanks for the info about the tolerance. That's what I'm looking to hear. I'm respectful of neighbors, but occasional big parties should be tolerable.

"Charging for parties" will be seen as a business for which you have to follow Thai legal requirements. If you don't bother with this and just start throwing parties , sooner rather than later somebody will shop you for a variety of reasons , most of them financial , and you'll get a visit from the cops.