Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review: April Suites

Rub1nho

A little review of my stay at April Suites (19 Feb. - 11. Mar).

I stayed at April suites during my first trip (November 2011) and enjoyed that very much. Was my first solo trip & first trip out of Europe so I wanted a good hotel, don't think I'm up for the guesthouses yet.

So after checking Agoda regularly booked the Executive Suite for 21 nights. Price: around 2K baht per night tax incl. I know this is probably (a bit) too much for a lot of PA members, but I have my preferences (big room, bath rather than shower) and for the moment I'm willing to pay for it. Though I must admit the hotel budget is down for the next trip, I'll go for something in the 1200-1500 baht range when I get back in November.

I arrived Feb. 19th, around 4pm I think. Always nice if something looks familiar on the other side of the world, even if it's just the hotel. Upon check-in they ask you for a 2000 baht deposit, which I knew from my first trip. First time visitors will be surprised though, it's not mentioned anywhere on Agoda or their own website.

Check-in went quick, got 2 keycards: one with a normal smiley face drawn on it and one with a girlie variation. Guess they remembered I'm a 'multiple GFE' guy (broke the 3 day rule with 3 girls on my first trip) and gave me a spare one for a girl.

Up to the room then, same as before: very big room so lots of places to 'exercise' :25: . Big bath, good safe, flatscreen, big bed, fresh towels everytime they clean the room (thanks to the 20 baht bills I presume) and fresh sheets when needed :P . Only little points of criticism: aircon was quite loud. I even put it out when I was watching TV, otherwise I'd have to turn the volume up way too high. No problem when I wanted to sleep though, thanks to my Thai companions mostly.

And the bath in the Executive Suite doesn't have a screen or curtain, so when you do ocasionally shower you've got to be a little disciplined, otherwise you're up for wet feet, even after you left your bath.

Also, my room was on the 6th floor and there's only one elevator. Staff apparently put it on 'hold' as they collect laundry so you might have to wait a little while sometimes. Stairs aren't really an option as the hallways are nowhere near as cool as the lobby.

The staff is very friendly, but beware taking jealous girls, the front desk lady isn't very discreet about previous companions you took :P. No problem taking girls though, they ask ID every time. They do not call you when your lady leaves alone...Didn't take 2 girls so can't tell for sure, but read there is a fee for a second girl.

Upon check-out you do have to wait for the cleaning staff to inspect your room before you get your deposit back, which might take half an hour if they're busy. No big deal for me though, they've got 2 laptops in the lobby so you can spend a little time there.

All in all a very enjoyable hotel, I'd be happy to stay there again, but my budget restrictions might get in the way of that.

I don't recall having that problem on my first trip, that's for sure. I stayed in an Executive suite both times, last trip was room 605, first trip was room 405 I think. So might be a problem just in room 605.

I'll be staying there in May, I am guessing still top service just like August Suites? Who is the manager here at April? The hot woman manager from august?

like Dan how was the pool, doing 3 nights at April Suites then 3 nights at Page 10 cause got killer price for the standard room on agoda all in a little over $50usd per night..

Have anypictures of your room at April Suites?

post-22007-0-43851400-1348179382.png

Check it before you Wreck it !!!!

Gamora: Quill, your ship is dirty.

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

I'd love to comment on the pool area but I haven't made it there yet :P .

Service is excellent really, no complaints whatsoever. The one in charge is a guy from HK or Singapore I think. Reasonably good English and very friendly. Only woman behind the front desk is the chatty one on night duty :P . There are a couple of cuties behind the bar though :GoldenSmile1: . Haven't got any pics of the room I got but the ones on Agoda look good, you can rely on those to get an image.

If you stay in the Standard Room in April Suites, mind letting me know how your stay was? Thinking about that room for my next trip, Executive Suite is very enjoyable but has become a little too pricy for future trips.

Yeah brother, I will be taking pictures and throw in my two cents on the April suites standard room

Rock it bro bring on May 2012

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

April Suites is now THE most popular hotel for Addicts booking on Agoda, by quite a long way too.

Stayed there and got a killer price of just $11 although when tried to book a 2nd room a few hours later the price had shot up.

No problems reported with aircon so sounds like your one room. Did you ask them to get it serviced?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

im staying there in a deluxe from Agoda from may 18th for 8 nights,thanks for the extra exitement top up lol

re live the life ! 3rd trip coming,jan 10th 2013

I stayed there a 2 weeks ago and thought the hotel was fine. The room was big, the shower was nice, but the bed was a ROCK. I'm spoiled that my work provides me with hotels that provide have a nice comfortable bed. The check-in was a breeze and everyone was very nice. My only complaint is that the hotel was boring and the location is boring. Next time I'm going to stay in a place with a little more exciting location and better pool. I don't know when I'll get to Pattaya next, but I will splurge more. But it is a nice hotel for the price.

I always stay at Page 10 and really enjoy it, how does both April & August Suites compare to Page 10

also love page 10's location, whats the access to the others like with bb and like

December 17 2011 ....... The day Pattaya will be invaded by THE_GUN

I always stay at page 10 and really enjoy it, how does both April & August suites compare to page 10

also love page 10's location, whats the access to the others like with bb and like

Can not compare April and Page 10.

It's a different league.

april has wifi found it ok during the day and at night slow hope this helps

I booked two reservations last night to stay at The April Suites Pattaya for 4 days early in May and 5 days later in May.

The OP mentioned on his first trip he broke the 3 day rule. What is the 3 day rule? One can bring guests without additional charge but if bringing 3 guests within 3 days results in an additional room charge? 2 guests on consecutive days will not result in an additional charge but 3 or more guests within 3 days will result in a charge?

Also, I assume my second stay later in the month will not be effected by guests brought to the hotel in my visit earlier in the month?

Thanks ...

The OP mentioned on his first trip he broke the 3 day rule. What is the 3 day rule? One can bring guests without additional charge but if bringing 3 guests within 3 days results in an additional room charge? 2 guests on consecutive days will not result in an additional charge but 3 or more guests within 3 days will result in a charge?

3 day rule states that you shouldn't spend more than 3 days with a same girl since it is so easy to fall in love with them. Nothing to do with extra room charges. In April suites they were never charging me for single guests even if there were different girls visiting during the same day. However, if you are bringing in more than one girl at the same time there is an extra joiner fee. I think it was 500 baht, but I am not sure.

The OP mentioned on his first trip he broke the 3 day rule. What is the 3 day rule?

"3 day rule" is a general policy/advice espoused by BMs not to take the same girl for more than 3 straight days.

It has nothing to do with hotel -- if hotel is girl friendly, they couldn't care less if you have same girl for more than 3 days.

Thanks for the clarification ...

By the way, I don't see the hotel has safes in the room. Do you guys leave your credit cards, passport, etc with a front desk safe box or carry it around with you while mixing with the girls? I want her to grab my crotch not my valuables ... well I guess both are valuable:)

Thanks for the clarification ...

By the way, I don't see the hotel has safes in the room. Do you guys leave your credit cards, passport, etc with a front desk safe box or carry it around with you while mixing with the girls? I want her to grab my crotch not my valuables ... well I guess both are valuable:)

April has in room safe.

• 1 month later...

How about sauna at the hotel? At the hotel's web page on Agoda, it says the hotel has sauna. Is it free or do they charge extra money for using it?

Stayed there last November. Sauna was indeed free.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/april_suites_pattaya.html

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Adding Pictures during my stay May 14 - 17th :

Pictures of the Room Superior

DSC01755.JPG

DSC01756.JPG

DSC01758.JPG

Looking at April Suites

DSC01774.JPG

DSC01777.JPG

If you turn right at the end of the building on the right you can cut through August Suites to get to Pattaya Klang

DSC01782.JPG

Looking down the Soi to Second Road (April Suites is directly on the right in this picture

DSC01778.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed in one of the deluxe rooms last month and it was grand. Soi is quiet at night which is my most important criteria. Start of the Soi are motor bike taxi's so no probs in getting to Soi Diana / LK Metro in the evenings / baht bus at night time.

There is a laundry, a hair salon (for the TG's) and a small shop on the left hand side on the way down the Soi, so you don't need to pack too many clothes or go too far for booze/water.

There is a decent eatery on Pattaya Klang 5 mins walk (start of Soi hang a left, go to the traffic lights and hang another left) nearly across the road from Bella Express hotel, where I got my breakfast(s) - and a decent restaurant for evening meals Leng Kee, just down another bit on the other side of the road, very near the entrance to Soi Buakow. The only fault I'd have was the wifi didnt work all the time. This apparently was due to the local provider, but there were a few internet cafe's on Pattaya Klang / Soi Buakow so didn't have too far to go. I didn't avail of the gym or swimming pool so can't comment on them.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 3 weeks later...

staying there from 3 weeks friday for a couple of weeks, got a 8am flight from BKK so god knows what time I'll leave on the last day, I'll be using the pool so I'll add a review take some pics.