Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buses to Udon

thaibound

I will be arriving in Pattaya from the UK on 6th of May with loads of luggage in tow. After a few days enjoying the many treats that Pattaya has to offer I will be travelling to Udon Thani. I have made enquiries as to the price of flights but with all my luggage and golf clubs the price is quite steep. I have therefore decided that it would be more cost effective to travel up by bus.

I have travelled to Udon from Pattaya once before on the VIP overnight bus departing from the bus station near Pattaya Klang and would like to avoid a similar trip. I have been doing some research and it seems that Chan tours runs a good quality service out of Pattaya to the north. Does it go as far as Udon or only to Khon Kaen? How long is the journey and what is the cost? And most importantly does anyone have contact details for the company so I can get in touch? An English-speaking operator would be essential. Alternatively any info on NCA would do.

Thanks

Suffering the indignity of an honest day's work so that I can afford to return to Patts.

bus station to Udonthani on sukkhumvit rd

departure around 8pm

arrive 6am at Udonthani

Vip ticket less than 500 baths

I have travelled to Udon from Pattaya once before on the VIP overnight bus departing from the bus station near Pattaya Klang and would like to avoid a similar trip.

As far as I am aware, that is about as good as it gets.

If you didn't enjoy the experience last time maybe best to spend the extra and fly there.

You could always consider the train, but I have always found the rail service to be second to the busses, often being slower and less comfortable, but can be good fun and a different experience. First you will have to get to hua lamphong in Bangkok, see the att'd link and you should be able to find all the info regarding times and costs etc.

http://www.thailandb....com/index.html

I hear Chantour S class busses are excellent, but not sure if you can get them from Pattaya, only place I have seen them is Morchit in Bangkok.

Edited by lordarunotai

Chan Tour bus company tel 043332222 journey Patts-Korat -Khon Kaen-Udon long journey. NCA buses first class pure luxury but run Bkk- Khon Kaen tel 029360009

air asia has good prices, they had some cheap promo deals last week