IGNORED

Villa Panalee

Garf66

Stayed @ the Villa Panalee for the past 3 New Years & my mate has for the past 4. Not a bad hotel & well placed, hence we returned.

Today my mate contacted them with regards to December 28 - Jan 21 2013. He was quoted 1200 bht upto Jan 6 and 1000 for the rest of the dates. 200 bht more than last year is a 20% increase but still no great problem. 30,000 for 30 days last year, no monthly rate!

The real problem with them is when they want paying. Last year it was the full 30k upon arrival. This year they are asking for 50% when booking and 50% upon arrival!

I had already decided to look for somewhere new this year because of the poor internet there, as well as the hotel now looking a little tired. However, wanting to pay 9 months in advance means absolutely no chance.

I don't mind paying a deposit, but 50% is not going to happen. Fancied a change this year anyway.

I booked this place once and turned up and had to pay up front, no big deal. Went to the room and found I could lift the safe up and put it on the bed. Went back down and complained and they gave me another room but said they have to take the safes off the wall all the time to get back in to them. Next room the safe was held to the wall with a tiny screw and came off with one little pull. Bed linen had not been ironed but looked clean and not good enough for the price. Ended up getting a two week refund and going back to Sabai Lodge soi 2 where I normally stay. Older ladyboy at reception did not understand my problem with the safe not being secure and kept stating nothing had ever gone missing in two years.

It was recommended to me by a friend who had stayed there twice and the website looked good but the rooms are tired and the fact I could just pick up the safe and walk out was a joke. Reception looked shabby as well.

Could not refund straight away and it was an anxious wait when I got home for the money to come through but to be fair they did a full refund and due to the exchange rate I actually made £5.

I booked this place once and turned up and had to pay up front, no big deal. Went to the room and found I could lift the safe up and put it on the bed. Went back down and complained and they gave me another room but said they have to take the safes off the wall all the time to get back in to them. Next room the safe was held to the wall with a tiny screw and came off with one little pull. Bed linen had not been ironed but looked clean and not good enough for the price. Ended up getting a two week refund and going back to Sabai Lodge soi 2 where I normally stay. Older ladyboy at reception did not understand my problem with the safe not being secure and kept stating nothing had ever gone missing in two years.

It was recommended to me by a friend who had stayed there twice and the website looked good but the rooms are tired and the fact I could just pick up the safe and walk out was a joke. Reception looked shabby as well.

Could not refund straight away and it was an anxious wait when I got home for the money to come through but to be fair they did a full refund and due to the exchange rate I actually made £5.

What's the name of this hotel? Then I can make sure I don't stay there!!

Stayed @ the Villa Panalee for the past 3 New Years & my mate has for the past 4. Not a bad hotel & well placed, hence we returned.

Today my mate contacted them with regards to December 28 - Jan 21 2013. He was quoted 1200 bht upto Jan 6 and 1000 for the rest of the dates. 200 bht more than last year is a 20% increase but still no great problem. 30,000 for 30 days last year, no monthly rate!

The real problem with them is when they want paying. Last year it was the full 30k upon arrival. This year they are asking for 50% when booking and 50% upon arrival!

I had already decided to look for somewhere new this year because of the poor internet there, as well as the hotel now looking a little tired. However, wanting to pay 9 months in advance means absolutely no chance.

I don't mind paying a deposit, but 50% is not going to happen. Fancied a change this year anyway.

50% in advance, this is a joke? No way!

Stayed here a few times and found it ok,many a time had the rooftop pool to myself,i first stayed there not long after it opened,looked sleak and modern but furniture and fittings had an Ikea look about them,not surprised that it's started to look tired so soon.Never noticed the issue with the safe,i use the ethernet point for the internet and while not lightning quick found it adequate for e mailing etc.

Surprised about the managers policy over 50%deposit upfront,i usually e mail her for her best rate for my dates,normally 850 low season,1,000 high season,last November she gave me the room at this price though demand because of the floods had put the rate up to 1500,never asked for anything up front,paid for the 12 nights in cash when i checked out.Only problem i've had there was if you get a room at the back was the cocks crowing early morning.