Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Debit card ATM limit,

phomsanuk

I want to let my stepdaughter use one of my Thai ATM debit cards, can I limit daily/weekly withdrawals to far less than the usual 20000 ?

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

I don't think so.

Maybe set up another account and transfer from your account into that account what you want her to spend?

My bank lets me set low daily limits at any level I want. My problem is getting the higher daily limit. Call your bank and ask.

Note - a little off topic but I found 4 bad ATM charges out of 15 total on my last trip. I contested them, the bank confirmed they were bad and refunded my money. Fortunately, I was keeping track on my phone. I'm always nervous with all of the ATM failures that seem to happen in Thailand but this is the first time I had issues with false charges. The problem did appear to be the ATM/Bank (refusal to issue cash at the time of transaction but then charging my bank/account). This is the first time I've had a problem of that magnitude. I generally don't pay close attention but when I got home this time my bank showed ATM withdrawals of $1,500 more then I thought I pulled. Going forward I plan to pay very close attention.

I have a savings account and a current account with the same bank. I sometimes leave my savings account ATM card in Thailand with someone I can trust to pay my bills while I at work. I can transfer the money to that account on the Internet and control the amount that is in the account. Probably the easiest way to do it.

Alexi.

How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You don't try. That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like its looks you make a pet out of it."

Charles Bukowski. Bukowski.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Draw one time at 11.59pm and one time at 12.01am! Double up your limit within a few minutes!

Life is like a roller coaster!

I am not sure you can limit them. Certainly with K Bank, as far as I am aware, there is no limit to the number of 20,000thb (max) withdrawals you can make in a day, up to the available balance of the account. Certainly up to 100k, because I have withdrawn that amount. Unlike using it abroad when there is a daily limit. (circa 50k).

I would certainly check with the bank concerned to see if they can be limited before you give it to her!

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

You CAN set daily limits although it will probably vary from bank to bank.

MOST banks have a limit of 20k a day when the card is issued. This is for YOUR safety however this limit can be removed/increased or decreased on request.

I am not sure if you can "carry over" limits into weekly and monthly ones though i.e. if the limit was set at 5000 a day I dont think you can then reduce that from 35,000 a week.

BEST option would be a separate/new account into which you deposit the max' weekly or monthly I would think. That's what I do for my daughter who, like any teenager, then takes the lot in the first day and whinges like buggery later on.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I am not sure you can limit them. Certainly with K Bank, as far as I am aware, there is no limit to the number of 20,000thb (max) withdrawals you can make in a day, up to the available balance of the account. Certainly up to 100k, because I have withdrawn that amount. Unlike using it abroad when there is a daily limit. (circa 50k).

I would certainly check with the bank concerned to see if they can be limited before you give it to her!

My experience is different with the K Bank. When i wanted to buy a new bike and went to the ATM to withdraw the money (there was enough in the account), i found out that there was a (default) limit of either 40K or 60K a day, and i even tried multiple ATM's and ATM's from other banks. Had to go to the bank with my bankbook to withdraw more. But it is also very easy to up your limits, just a phone call or walk into the bank. Edited by eXplosief

My experience is different with the K Bank. When i wanted to buy a new bike and went to the ATM to withdraw the money (there was enough in the account), i found out that there was a (default) limit of either 40K or 60K a day, and i even tried multiple ATM's and ATM's from other banks. Had to go to the bank with my bankbook to withdraw more. But it is also very easy to up your limits, just a phone call or walk into the bank.

That's correct. I wanted to withdraw 100k to purchase a bike and K bank informed me that I could withdraw that amount in 20k chunks. Which is what I did!

I didn't particularly ask for that limit, so that was, and still is as far as I am aware, my default limit. I am presuming therefore with your experience, that your daily limit was set at the 40k (or 60k) amount when you opened your account. I guess the limit must be set at account opening and clearly can be varied.

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

With K Bank and Scb the standard limit is 20k this can be increased to any amount Upto 200k per day by a simple visit to the atm.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lost my Card in a ATM machine on my last trip to Thailand, I got the money from the ATM, But no card!!! The ATM was outside of the bank but with the Bank Closed, I had to phone and cancel the Card. Next day i got my card back from the bank but they would not give me the money that it cost to phone the UK to cancel the card.

lost my Card in a ATM machine on my last trip to Thailand, I got the money from the ATM, But no card!!! The ATM was outside of the bank but with the Bank Closed, I had to phone and cancel the Card. Next day i got my card back from the bank but they would not give me the money that it cost to phone the UK to cancel the card.

Why would they? It's not their job to pay your phone bills, even in the event of an ATM malfunction.

It happened once before in Phuket and i got money back from the Bank, It took awhile and had to send a phone bill, due to the amount of time it took, Thats the main reason for not trying again to get the money back. It was a Fault with the ATM Machine both times, Not giving back the card.