IGNORED

Thai Consulate Hull

Seedy

Just wanted to post a very good experience with Visa renewal.

Yesterday I went to the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull for my Visa. I arrived about 10 am, rang the bell then sat and waited in the waiting room. Chtted to a few other people that were also waiting.

After about 5 minutes a very helpful lady appeared and quickly checked my paperwork:- 3 forms, 2 photos, passport and copy of bank statements showing my income. Dissappeared for minute and came back with the credit card machine to pay the fee.

15 mins later she reappeared with a huge smile and my 1 year multi entry 'O' visa :Bravo1:

I normally get my Visa from the Embassy in London and this can take quite a while with the queues and then you have a 2 day wait before you can pick it up. So a big thumbs up for the Hull Consulate. :08:

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Yes,

Totally agree. They're great there.

I will ask the obvious question. Are you married to a Thai or is this a retirement visa?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I will ask the obvious question. Are you married to a Thai or is this a retirement visa?

Keh? He said it was a One Year Multi Entry 'O' Visa?

Being married to a Thai might be helpful in getting one, but I can't think what a Retirement Visa has to do with it?

Taken at face value, if they took the bank statements as sufficient reason for issuing the Visa, as opposed to proof of relationship or Condo' ownership etc then this is good news for many Brits.

Not married to Thai and not a retiremnt Visa.

This is for purposes of tourism and being in receipt of uk pension. I need to leave every 90 days but I more than do that with all my travelling.

Not married to Thai and not a retiremnt Visa.

This is for purposes of tourism and being in receipt of uk pension. I need to leave every 90 days but I more than do that with all my travelling.

Did you get the impression (or did they say) that being in receipt of UK pension was relevant?

The opposite experience to me. They refused me a non immigrant multi entry type O despite having me having dependant kids in Thailand.

Did you get the impression (or did they say) that being in receipt of UK pension was relevant?

From the requirements for O Visa on their website so I claimed it under number 1 as I have a pension but am not 50 yet.

or

1)
Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required:

a)
Copy of Bank Statement showing receipt of State and/or Private Pension.

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

or

2)
Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required:

a)
Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £900 per month.

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

From the requirements for O Visa on their website so I claimed it under number 1 as I have a pension but am not 50 yet.

or

1)
Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required:

8]
a)
Copy of Bank Statement showing receipt of State and/or Private Pension.

or

2)
Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required:

8]
a)
Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £900 per month.

So, for anyone under 50 with a private pension, or over 50 with a minimum income of 900 GBP, there appears to be good news.

I can't help thinking you might have got lucky in being accepted as being a Pensioner under 50 somehow.

I'd be surprised if that was the Thai intention.

I'm puzzled why it says

in your quote.

That sounds more like a Tourist Visa than a One Year Multi Entry - how can a Multi Entry be either single or multiple?

It's multiple by definition.

I think you got lucky if you got a One Year Multi Entry.

The opposite experience to me. They refused me a non immigrant multi entry type O despite having me having dependant kids in Thailand.

Oops, did you forget something after all?

"Message from the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull (UK).

Please note that it is no longer possible to obtain a non immigrant visa from the Royal Thai Embassy or from any of the Royal Thai Consulates in the UK on the basis that you are the father of a child living in Thailand even if you possess the child's birth certificate which shows you as the father. To be eligible to apply for this type of visa you must also be married to the mother of the child and have an official marriage certificate."

See Topic I posted a month ago "Don't forget the getting married bit" HERE

I guess you were in AC at the time on the way to Hull?

I'm puzzled why it says

in your quote.

That sounds more like a Tourist Visa than a One Year Multi Entry - how can a Multi Entry be either single or multiple?

It's multiple by definition.

I think you got lucky if you got a One Year Multi Entry.

Looking at the visa now it says :-

Non-Immigrant visa

Category "O"

Good for 'multiple'

Must be utilized before 19 Mar 2013

It also has a number stamped on it and the Thai date

Looking at the visa now it says :-

Non-Immigrant visa

Category "O"

Good for 'multiple'

Must be utilized before 19 Mar 2013

It also has a number stamped on it and the Thai date

So is it a Multi Entry TV or does it say 'One Year Multi Entry Non Immigrant 'O' Visa'?

You said previously that you had to exit every 90 days, which is consistent with the latter, but was that just from something you read rather than from your stamp?

Did you pay about 110 GBP or not?

No mention of Tourist Visa anywhere on it.

What you have quoted above are the actual words on the stamp.

Non-Immigrant visa (Top line above Thai crest)

Category "O" (just below the visa serial number)

Good for 'multiple' (next line down)

Must be utilized before 19 Mar 2013 (next line)

Then a signature at the bottom

I think that makes it a non-immigrant, category "O" visa, multiple entry valid for 1 year.

Oh yes and I will be testing it in 20 days and 3 hours :)

Edited by rod2011

Did you pay about 110 GBP or not?

No mention of Tourist Visa anywhere on it.

What you have quoted above are the actual words on the stamp.

Non-Immigrant visa (Top line above Thai crest)

Category "O" (just below the visa serial number)

Good for 'multiple' (next line down)

Must be utilized before 19 Mar 2013 (next line)

Then a signature at the bottom

I think that makes it a non-immigrant, category "O" visa, multiple entry valid for 1 year.

Oh yes and I will be testing it in 20 days and 3 hours :)

Sounds right to me...and the last Q?

About 110 quid?

£125

Admin fee I suppose.

Anyway, well done. I'm still not sure whether you were lucky or Hull were 'helpful' or I've got it wrong.

It certainly sounds like there's hope for the over 50s and under 50s with a private pension too.

I assume that was just a UK bank statement not a Thai one - must have been.

Tell me Anyone... Retirement Visa,

1. You dont have to leave the country every 90 days ?

2. And what if I dont have 800,000 bt in Bank but Get 65,000 bt income every month, will that be ok....

2. And what if I dont have 800,000 bt in Bank but Get 65,000 bt income every month, will that be ok....

1) You have to report every 90 days

2) The Hull website says minimum £900 every month so about 45,000 bt

Do you mean a Retirement Visa, which you can only get outside Thailand in your home country, or an Extension of Stay (Retirement)?

In the latter case, address reporting or exit every 90 days.

Proof of income minimum 65k/month or 800k in bank or a combination of the two.

Retirement Visa from your home country is more trouble than it's worth - medical & CRCs for starters.

Come in on a proper Visa (not Visa Exemption) preferably one of the above and get an Extension when you get here.

Yesterday I went to the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull for my Visa. I arrived about 10 am, rang the bell then sat and waited in the waiting room. Chtted to a few other people that were also waiting.

After about 5 minutes a very helpful lady appeared and quickly checked my paperwork:- 3 forms, 2 photos, passport and copy of bank statements showing my income. Dissappeared for minute and came back with the credit card machine to pay the fee.

15 mins later she reappeared with a huge smile and my 1 year multi entry 'O' visa :Bravo1:

I normally get my Visa from the Embassy in London and this can take quite a while with the queues and then you have a 2 day wait before you can pick it up. So a big thumbs up for the Hull Consulate. :08:

Nice to here that you had a good result mate.

Quick question from me, are you 50 or over ????

Thank you.

:Wassup1:

................ I claimed it under number 1 as I have a pension but am not 50 yet.

Quick question from me, are you 50 or over ????

:hello09:

1) You have to report every 90 days

2) The Hull website says minimum £900 every month so about 45,000 bt

Do you mean a Retirement Visa, which you can only get outside Thailand in your home country, or an Extension of Stay (Retirement)?

In the latter case, address reporting or exit every 90 days.

Proof of income minimum 65k/month or 800k in bank or a combination of the two.

Retirement Visa from your home country is more trouble than it's worth - medical & CRCs for starters.

Come in on a proper Visa (not Visa Exemption) preferably one of the above and get an Extension when you get here.

Thanks Guys... Just wanting to prepare myself, Will apply for it next year... Happy days. :Chokdee3:

everything in hull is better, thats why its the best city in england. :GoldenSmile1:

What if you're under 50?

Is it possible to just have a lump sum and claim education visa for Muay Thai etc?

I cant have an income if I'm not in the country

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

everything in hull is better, thats why its the best city in england. :GoldenSmile1:

It's where Curdless Ferns were first invented.