IGNORED

Bangkok hotel close to skytrain ,nightlife and shoping

pattaya nezz

G'day all,

Only spent a few hours in BKK and am planning a few days there on the way to Pattaya late april-early may.Any advice on hotels near food ,shopping, skytrain , and the obvious nightlife would be greatly appreciated. Not to flash but not dumpy or dirty , oh maybe a little bit flash 2000-3000 baht is sweet.

Cheers - nezz.

Stayed at Amari Boulevard on Sukumvit soi5,

Nice rooms,looks plush from the outside, big enough to see from Nana skytrain station as you approach(3 min walk) a decent bar with great cocktails for happy hour. Gullivers next door for decent food and a big supermarket opposite. Nana 5 mins walk and Cowboy 15 mins.

Think I paid 2200 pn through Agoda

Edited by SLEUTH

You can stay at on8, it's right under the nana sky train and a 2 min walk to nana plaza. It's guest friendly and no extra fees. I have now stayed there 2 times and as recent as 19/02/2012 I paid about $60 aus per night and breakfast is inc.

Stayed at Amari Boulevard on Sukumvit soi5,

Nice rooms,looks plush from the outside, big enough to see from Nana skytrain station as you approach(3 min walk) a decent bar with great cocktails for happy hour. Gullivers next door for decent food and a big supermarket opposite. Nana 5 mins walk and Cowboy 15 mins.

Think I paid 2200 pn through agoda

Amari Boulevard charges a 1000 baht joiner fee, that comes to 3200. You can probably get the Landmark cheaper than that, a much better hotel with no joiner.

For convenience, I frequently stay at City Lodge on Soi 19 for about 1500, across the street from the Westin. It''s managed by the Amari group but no joiner fee. In fact, twice they overbooked and put me up at the Boulevard at the same price and waived the joiner. Rooms are good size, clean, and very good value for the location, less than 5 minutes to either the BTS or MRT. 7 minutes to Soi Cowboy and 12 minutes to Nana Plaza. Breakfast not included and there's no pool but free wifi.

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

Amari Boulevard charges a 1000 baht joiner fee, that comes to 3200. You can probably get the Landmark cheaper than that, a much better hotel with no joiner.

For convenience, I frequently stay at City Lodge on Soi 19 for about 1500, across the street from the Westin. It''s managed by the Amari group but no joiner fee. In fact, twice they overbooked and put me up at the Boulevard at the same price and waived the joiner. Rooms are good size, clean, and very good value for the location, less than 5 minutes to either the BTS or MRT. 7 minutes to Soi Cowboy and 12 minutes to Nana Plaza. Breakfast not included and there's no pool but free wifi.

Fuck that then, shame I liked the place a lot I never paid a year ago.will stay somewhere else in July..Will only be the night though!

They've always charged a joiner - you got lucky. Nezz, do you need a pool and gym ? wj

Edited by wackyjacky

Town Lodge, Soi 18

http://www.bkktownlodge.com/

Suite for THB 2500.-

5' walk to either Soi Cowboy, BTS, MRTA, 12' to Soi 33

definitely guest friendly

They've always charged a joiner - you got lucky. Nezz, do you need a pool and gym ? wj

No need for pool or gym- just a couple of days in BKK before heading to Pattaya- won't spend much time in room.

Cheers WJ

Thanks for the info mates! Cheers - Will be in paradise soon, but not soon enough. 5555

No need for pool or gym- just a couple of days in BKK before heading to Pattaya- won't spend much time in room.

Cheers WJ

Nezz, IIWY I'd take advantage of that Accor 50% off sale. Grand Sukhumvit on Soi 6 is a steal at $50, but neither a long or short walk to Nana BTS. Maybe Novotel Ploenchit for $53. It's brand new and right at Ploenchit Station. Short walk to Nana. Check my post on it. Grottino has been going cheap lately and it's super close to Asoke and Robinsons. It's set up for mongerers:http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/grottino_residence.html?type=1&site_id=1430286&url=http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/grottino_residence.html&tag=54cafd3c-fe0f-46da-a44b-9840ba14f146&gclid=COnmioKI964CFQ0FRQod50U9wQ I like S Sukhuvit Suites a lot too. Pretty new and right at Asoke station:http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/s_sukhumvit_suites_hotel.html

I've stayed at on8 before too. Was two years ago though. Nice rooms, had breakfast included for about 1800 baht a night, just outside Nana BTS.

I always stay at Le Fenix, Sukhumvit soi 11, close to the action, modern and clean, good security.