IGNORED

HIV and AIDs Test

cigar7

You people that go bareback, pardon the pun, but have big balls, their is no chance I'd do it in a million years, first time or not, I still bag it here in oz coz I don't believe the girls here are overly clean either!

I had Hep B Jabs this year it was 3 Jabs 1st one when I first went to the gum clinic the 2nd a week later the 3rd two weeks after that

then go back after four weeks for them to test the antibody levels if low they give a further jab.

This was in the uk

You're a long time dead

I had Hep B Jabs this year it was 3 Jabs 1st one when I first went to the gum clinic the 2nd a week later the 3rd two weeks after that

then go back after four weeks for them to test the antibody levels if low they give a further jab.

This was in the uk

Interesting, that one, as not everybody develops antibodies.

You need to pay close attention to this as you may not be one of the fortunate ones and need to take extra care. Ie. condoms religiously and assess yourself re: open skin, especially when shaving, if you intend to eat pussy.

I only went back last week for them to test the antibody levels, they test for HIV at the same time, so not heard from them yet wether everything is fine or not, they said after I first went for the HIV test last Feb that if I don't hear from them within two weeks everything is ok, so if the antibody levels are low or not there I would expect to hear from them.

fingers crossed

Interesting, that one, as not everybody develops antibodies.

You need to pay close attention to this as you may not be one of the fortunate ones and need to take extra care. Ie. condoms religiously and assess yourself re: open skin, especially when shaving, if you intend to eat pussy.

You're a long time dead

Had a text today asking me to go back in for another jab, I will have to ask them if there were any antibodies or not and what the situation is,

Thanks for the info, Rastus Watermelon

I wouldn't have thought to ask if you hadn't said

You're a long time dead

if they find antibodies, that is sufficient for you to be declared positive, they will then tell you your viral load ( ammount of virus in the blood) and your CD4 count which is an indication of the state of your acquired immune system.

You also more vulnerable to contracting hiv if your immune system is lower than usual eg if you are suffering with another std such as herpes and also if you take part in anal bareback.

Edited by diamondgeezer8671

Just remember that 3 months is needed for HIV to show up, so a negative HIV test cannot be ruled out if you have had unprotected sex for 3 months

with a place that is such a high risk for HIV I'm surprised that i haven't heard any info on the DNA test (or which ever one is supposed to be able to test 3 weeks from infection).

Just remember that 3 months is needed for HIV to show up, so a negative HIV test cannot be ruled out if you have had unprotected sex for 3 months

I was informed last November by a doctor at a Paris VD clinic that this information is obsolete. He told me that new testing methods were accurate at 6 weeks.

I was informed last November by a doctor at a Paris VD clinic that this information is obsolete. He told me that new testing methods were accurate at 6 weeks.

The latest tests - and these are what most hospitals in Thailand use at the moment - start picking up positive HIV results at 2/3 weeks and are highly accurate up to 6 weeks. As you say the previous 3-6 month tests are now obsolete.

with a place that is such a high risk for HIV I'm surprised that i haven't heard any info on the DNA test (or which ever one is supposed to be able to test 3 weeks from infection).

You can get a PCR DNA/RNA test at Bumrungrad for about 4K baht. It is more sensitive than a 4th gen antibody / antigen test so it can potentially pick up seroconversion sooner, BUT it has a significant rate of false positives so even if you test positive on the PCR test, you need to have a standard antibody / antigen test later on to confirm.

Interesting doco if you have 1.5hrs spare about HIV/AIDS and the related vids are as interesting.

The most remarkable segment is the comment from one of the co-founders of HIV, Luc Montagner (Nobel Lorette) at 1:24:15 hrs of the vid, who states that if you lead a healthy life, eat well without abusing alcohol or drugs and have a good immune system your body will naturally get rid of the virus within a few weeks.

So this begs the question is HIV as bad as we've been led to believe or is it a money making enterprise??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-ttLfkZHQ

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting doco if you have 1.5hrs spare about HIV/AIDS and the related vids are as interesting.

The most remarkable segment is the comment from one of the co-founders of HIV, Luc Montagner (Nobel Lorette) at 1:24:15 hrs of the vid, who states that if you lead a healthy life, eat well without abusing alcohol or drugs and have a good immune system your body will naturally get rid of the virus within a few weeks.

So this begs the question is HIV as bad as we've been led to believe or is it a money making enterprise??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-ttLfkZHQ

LOL

LOL

Did you bother watching the vid?

Edited by barmatt

I have seen it and read transcripts many times before. A lot of what the scientists say there especially Luc is taken out of context and edited. One of my degrees is in science and I am capable of reading and analysing first peer reviewed articles. I can tell you now that HIV is very real and should not be down played by people who want justifications for their actions. HIV Type 1 subtype b Group Main is old news and boring. Wester civilisation is in for a shock with what we gonna get heading our way from the Congo over the next few decades. Thankfully the simian viruses have been fairly well contained in the Congo due to an ongoing civil war, but just of recent years refugees are starting to make their way out. I have seen many in my home town in the UK. With them will come all sorts of immunodeficiency viruses because of their penchant for eating monkeys.

Cheers.

I have seen it and read transcripts many times before. A lot of what the scientists say there especially Luc is taken out of context and edited. One of my degrees is in science and I am capable of reading and analysing first peer reviewed articles. I can tell you now that HIV is very real and should not be down played by people who want justifications for their actions. HIV Type 1 subtype b Group Main is old news and boring. Wester civilisation is in for a shock with what we gonna get heading our way from the Congo over the next few decades. Thankfully the simian viruses have been fairly well contained in the Congo due to an ongoing civil war, but just of recent years refugees are starting to make their way out. I have seen many in my home town in the UK. With them will come all sorts of immunodeficiency viruses because of their penchant for eating monkeys.

Cheers.

Never said HIV doesnt exist just saying it may not be as harmful as we've been led to believe, as some people test HIV+ one minute then some time later are HIV- behaving just like another retro virus.

So I would like to know in what way were Luc's and the other scientists comments taken out of context and in what way were their comments edited and what was Luc really trying to say?

cheers

Luc has been in interviews before and in the full interview where that was taken from talking about zoonotic transmissions. What he was talking about was new SIV's crossing and the fact that they are attenuated. Of course there are long term non progressors, and sub catergories of this such as elite controllers. And infection and exposure being what it is, i.e. found out about after the event it is hard to tell just how many times any retrovirus is cleared. Those that test positive and then negative later tend to be unique cases, such as children born to positive mothers who have maternal antibodies but no virus. Those that have false positive results. Those that have been subject to a similiar viral antigen that is not an active infection, and of course those exposed who take PEP, but there it is hard to quantifiy how effective that is without blood samples from a multitude of time points. I appreciate you may not be one of those that is advocating this is a licence to bareback as we have seen so many times on this forum.

Some people get lucky, look at the case of Timothy Brown, aka the Berlin patient. Cleared the virus with a stem cell transplant, but that is no model for HIV. Basically 99 percent of those infected will die within eight years without treatment. And those with treatment, mileage may vary depending on how lucky you are with point mutations in the reverse transcriptise.

I am a young guy and I can hardly remember the AIDS campaigns. I would hate a nineteen year old who barely knows the existence of HIV to watch that bullshit video and take that as gospel.

Cheers.