IGNORED

Stomach still upset 2 weeks after returning home

cutter

HI, I was in Patts for 2 weeks and in my second week I got a real bad case of gutrot. I never felt sick, but just had the shits constantly for the rest of the trip. But of course I continued to drink but tried to stay away from spicy foods.

It has been 2 weeks since I left and my stomach is still a little upset. It is not near as bad as when in Patts, but it is still pretty gassy and any spicy food makes it pretty upset.

Have any other experienced stomach upset for more than a week after you returned? If so, what did you do? If you went to a Dr, how was it diagnosed?

If you've got gastroenteritis (generic term for a stomach bug) from eating some bad food then normally you'd just go to the doctor, who will probably make you give a stool sample. You take away the stool sample kit, take a shit into the tray and bring it back to the doctor's office. They send it away to get tested (normally overnight) and if you've got a bug then you get antibiotics which will clear it right up.

You might also have some kind of parasite but that is less likely than a simple stomach bug.

Also if you have a tendency towards irritable bowel syndrom or crohns disease then spicy food can make it flare up for a while.

Best to just go to the doctor and get a professional opinion!

had a similar issue....would eat or drink and within 1 - 2 minutes the pray for a bathroom went out.

Treated with antibiotics.

The key is to get your ass to a doctor.

And dont be shy in telling the doctor where you have been.

Go see a doc , not really something these mongers here can help you with .

Having the Shits causes you to expel Stomach and Bowel contents during this process lasting Hours or Days it is important to keep up Fluid intake as much as possible.

A side effect of the Shits is all Bacterea good and bad gets moved washed out.

It can take many Weeks even Months to get back to normal and the side effects may be similar to what you are suffering now.

Eating Natural Yoghut can speed up recovery but best to get checked by your Quack to be certain

Ghosty

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I am feeling about 80% ok after 2 weeks. But I'm still not quite as 'solid' as normal.

I am eating yogurt every morning, taking acidophilus capsules, and staying away from acidic foods and drink.

I will go to the doc if I am still feeling a bit 'off' next week.

just my :2Cents1: and by all means, see a doc as others advised if u feel the need...

every single time i am in patts i get the bubble guts a few days into my trip and it remains until a few days after my arrival back...when i wake up i am in the bathroom and pretty much back every 15mins or so up until i am drunk again, then nothing till morning :P i blame this mainly on 1- the amount of drinking and lack of food and 2- taking lots of jaeger bombs and the flat redbull they serve unlike the carbonated version in the west...not sure but never happens while partying in other countries.

happened to my boy who came along for his first trip as well...several other people i know the exact same. i wouldnt stress too much unless it becomes a long term thing but again, read the first sentence :D hope u feel better brother.

MMC - Monster.Monger.Clique

certified whore & war monger

I have been in Pattaya for the last 3 weeks , had the shits so bad actually messed myself then went to a pharmacist on 2d road just past Soi 10 the girl there gave me antibiotics and charcole tablets cleared up in 2 days and fine now

Next time I'm going to take acidophilus and charcoal capsules daily to help counter all the drinking and eating thai foods.

I hear ya Jrocstar, I always have the bubble guts also after a few days. I now know where a lot of good bathrooms are along beachroad and Walking Street.

Thankfully a lot of WS gogos have very clean bathrooms! They get my business every time.

I take Cyprofluxin tablets 500mg. Can get over the counter in patts. It usually fixes me up in a day

Always seems to be day 4 when it hits me so last trip I popped one of those beauties on day 4 in morning and never got the shits once for the whole trip

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

The key is to get your ass to a doctor.

And dont be shy in telling the doctor where you have been.

Yep. Docs in Europe know Salmonella, E.Coli etc. generally from medical-history books only, here they are all around you, all the time. So don't listen to crap like 'we don't want to crack a nut with a sledgehammer' and let them prescribe natural remedies and teas or so, but insist on potent drugs.

• 4 weeks later...

I get the same after 4/5 days, it`s all the beer i drink and not enough food because my stomach is always full of beer i am not that hungry. Beer is made from yeast and to much yeast works as a laxative not to mention spicey food. Medicine/ anti biotics don`t work with alcohol, i want to drink and enjoy my holidays so i take 2 imodium tablets and that dries me up but i can still go for a crap, that usually lasts about a week and then i need to take another two tablets lasts me another week. When i get home off the beer it takes a week to settle everything down, hope i have been some help.

I get the same after 4/5 days, it`s all the beer i drink and not enough food because my stomach is always full of beer i am not that hungry. Beer is made from yeast and to much yeast works as a laxative not to mention spicey food. Medicine/ anti biotics don`t work with alcohol, i want to drink and enjoy my holidays so i take 2 imodium tablets and that dries me up but i can still go for a crap, that usually lasts about a week and then i need to take another two tablets lasts me another week. When i get home off the beer it takes a week to settle everything down, hope i have been some help.

Ya that's usually pretty typical for me also, except I don't take immodium. And a week after being home, I'm back to normal.

But this time it was over 3 weeks for me to be back to 100% where I could have a coffee in the morning and not have the squirts within a 1/2 hour. I am now 100% but it was a bit of a worrisome 3 weeks.

I always like my body to fight any infection or virus naturally before taking any dr prescribed anibiotics. Although I may have had to feel 'off' for a week more because I didn't take antibiotics, I feel I am better off in the long run because my body has built a better resistance for next time.

Almost all prescription drugs including Cyprofluxin, which you can get over the counter here, and even pain medication such as tylenol can have serious side effects in the long run. Therefore it is my philosophy to not take any prescribed medication unless absolutely necessary.

Just returned home after a two week tour,two days in too my second week i started pissing everything i ate or drank out my arse,so went to the hospital on 2road [nr big c] saw a doc, had examination and tablets all within 15mins,1200bht next day bingo,back to normal. I prefer the hospitals as they can pinoint your illness and treatment,more quickly than a chemists,and not too expensive . happy days.

Here's the thing... Many people do get sick from some sort of bacterial infection either from food or from contact with someone who has a communicable infection that can cause stomach problems. But many people get upset stomach and loose bowels because of all the drinking. A lot of guys go party in Thailand and don't realize that all that regular, hard drinking really fucks up your digestive system and it can take a while for that to go back to normal after the partying stops.

If you're sick from a bacterial infection, start with some Amoxicillin. If that doesn't work, you can bump it up to Augmentin. DON'T jump straight for Cipro. It's a very strong, broad spectrum antibiotic. It'll kill many forms of bad bacteria but it'll also decimate the good bacteria in your digestive system. Amoxicillin and Augmentin will kill good bacteria as well but Cipro is stronger. Don't take Cipro unless you really need to.

After you take the meds, get some pro-biotic supplements or at least active culture yogurt and take that for a while to help get your digestive system back to normal.

18 trips eaten some weird shit in weird places. got sick once salmonella poisoning from the japanese resturant in the airport before flying home. 4 days hospital on morphine. gonna stick with the insects and weird fish on the streets in thailand from now on lol

Here's the thing... Many people do get sick from some sort of bacterial infection either from food or from contact with someone who has a communicable infection that can cause stomach problems. But many people get upset stomach and loose bowels because of all the drinking. A lot of guys go party in Thailand and don't realize that all that regular, hard drinking really fucks up your digestive system and it can take a while for that to go back to normal after the partying stops.

If you're sick from a bacterial infection, start with some Amoxicillin. If that doesn't work, you can bump it up to Augmentin. DON'T jump straight for Cipro. It's a very strong, broad spectrum antibiotic. It'll kill many forms of bad bacteria but it'll also decimate the good bacteria in your digestive system. Amoxicillin and Augmentin will kill good bacteria as well but Cipro is stronger. Don't take Cipro unless you really need to.

After you take the meds, get some pro-biotic supplements or at least active culture yogurt and take that for a while to help get your digestive system back to normal.

Good advice Angelo, thanks