IGNORED

Tonys Animal Shelter (Animals in appalling conditions)

Robert101

Whistle-blowing by animal activists has not led to improved conditions at Tony's Shelter in Pattaya, Thailand. At Tony's Shelter, dogs that are merely starving are the lucky ones.

Some are suffering from severe injuries such as broken bones, maggot-infested sores, and prolapsed uterus. A veterinarian seems never to cross the threshold at this shelter.

Not only that, but the dogs are crowded together in a way that promotes fighting, more injuries, and even cannibalizing of puppies. Open woulds and contagion are business as usual at this den of horrors.

PETA cites wealthy businessman Surapol "Tony" Sanguancharti-Sorakrai as the owner responsible for the shelter. He has not responded to the call for cleaner, safer, healthier conditions at the shelter that bears his name.

It's time for law enforcement to step in. Tell Thai police to shut down Tony's shelter!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/979/418/704/shut-down-abusive-animal-shelter-in-thailand/

Very sad to hear!

Is that where you took your dog to be re-homed?

Why don't you try informing people on twitter or one of thos social sites, I feel for them as the people are the only ones that can effect the animals lives and putting comment on this probably won't have as a dramatic effect as twiitter or one of thos sites for Thailand.

We only hear 1 side of the story.................

If this is so shitty, what is Tony's business model to run this shelter?

.........or even his Gyms, which are up for sale I believe?

The dogs home may not be his top priority atm. :Think1:

.........or even his gyms, which are up for sale I believe?

AFAIK - Tony has everything for sale at the moment.....for the right price. ie Check the ads he does aimed at the Russians on the Pattaya TV for land and bars in Walking Street for sale.

Is that where you took your dog to be re-homed?

I took my dog here

http://www.caliach.com/clients/mas/en/shelter/routine.html

Hes a great guy, rare to meet such a selfless guy! Hes got to be one of the most decent guys in Pattaya.

Not surprised as Tony is known as known as one of the biggest ripoffs in Pattaya. Wouldn't trust him for anything.

There is a RSPCA in Thailand, they're probably fucking useless like everything else but perhaps someone can notify them.

Not surprised as Tony is known as known as one of the biggest ripoffs in Pattaya. Wouldn't trust him for anything.

Many wealthy people in my mind all too often enter such projects maybe to gain publicity, or more likely as a self ego boost, hoping everyone will think what a wonderfull person they are.

The reality of the situation all too often is that they really do not care a f**k about the cause they are promoting. The ones that genuinely do care and actually achieve something through their good intentions just get on with the matter in hand and do not feel the necessity to shout about or publicise what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Pattaya right now and would like to the see the conditions of the dogs over there, what is the address of Tony's shelter?

I'm in Pattaya right now and would like to the see the conditions of the dogs over there, what is the address of Tony's shelter?

Not 100% sure but dont think it is actualy in Pattaya. I Think you must travel down Sukhumvit towards Sattahip and take the Rayong road, saw a sign to the place once but cant remember more specific details. Ask around I am sure someone will know.

I actually know Tony, not just talk about him like many. If you don't know how can you say what he thinks, does etc. Yes he has a lot of businesses, but is by no means "rich" as a lot of money is taken up running said businesses, why do you think he has excess property that he is not using up for sale. As far as the shelter goes he has signs and a link on his website for donations to help out donate food, vet care etc, not cash as staff would steal it. You can also adopt animals there if it's so bad, take one home. Ask yourself how many bleeding heart peta people that spam email and post on forums all day actually lift a finger and help feed and care for all the animals just left there. Furthermore, since its SO bad there he should what just close it down and put all the animals right back on the sidewalks where they came from right? Come on. Sorry bout the rant. I love animals too, but I live in the real world.