SlowlyMan

Buriram hotel recommendation

SlowlyMan

If you find yourself in Buri Ram. I suggest the Jintana Resort http://www.jintanaresort.com/

The staff was super great. The contact number will connect you with the owner's son's cell, who speaks fluent English. He called me the day I was traveling to make sure of my arrival time. And in true Thai fashion then gave my room away to a walk up. He appologized all over himself and blamed it on his staff. But they took good care of me that night, upgrading me at the rate I had booked.

The pics on their site are accurate. I found the standard Villa to be the best value. at B 500 / nt. The place is functionally clean but far from the way you would keep your own home. The only real negative is that the place is built to the Thai standard. I can't tell you how many times I banged my head on the door threshold.

While I was in town we had a some really hot days. The AC was not up to the task. The kid admitted the units are undersized but are usually adequate for their Thai guests. While we were out he had his staff move our stuff to a room with the newest AC unit, which worked fine for us.

A side from the owners kid, English is not spoken here. It seems to be primarily a Thai place. The Gik really liked it. She did laundry in the bathroom which is apparently set up for such things. They even have racks outside for drying. One day it rained while we were away, The cleaner came and grabbed the clothes, folded them, and put them in the room. Like I said, a really top drawer staff.

They offer food to order. Not really a restaraunt as such, but they will make you food if you ask.

I think most Farang would be happy staying here. And more importantly, Your girlfriend will be happy.

If you haven't been to Buirram, I found it to be a friendly, relaxed town. I got a lot of stares, which tells me there are not a lot of Ex-pats. Or maybe they just don't go out when it's a million degrees out. Or maybe I'm just a handsome Farang. (no, that only happens in Pattaya)

cableguy777

I was there a month ago and will be back !,A bit off the beaten track but problem if you have a car .

It beats the dated Theprakorn hotel i used to use !