Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UK Holiday Visa turnaround times

ferrius

Hey

My girlfriend is in the process of applying for a holiday visa to come and visit me in the uk.

Do any members have any experience of how long it takes for the british embassy in bangkok to make a decision?

Thanks

Ferrius

http://www.ukba.home...sultTableAnchor

Hope this opens, usually a week but can take 15 days for answer, good luck, remember you can track the application online

Just noticed this priorty scheme

.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/february/71-thailand-priority

Edited by blueelf

http://www.ukba.home...sultTableAnchor

Hope this opens, usually a week but can take 15 days for answer, good luck, remember you can track the application online

Just noticed this priorty scheme

.http://www.ukba.home...ailand-priority

Good luck with a TG meeting any of the requirements prior to paying THB 3000

You can apply for your visa using this service if you are:

• a business visitor who has travelled in the previous 5 years to the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or a country in the Schengen Area. Your spouse and children accompanying you will also be accepted, regardless of their previous travel, if they also pay the priority service fee. When travelling to the above countries, you must have complied with the terms of their entry conditions - if you have been refused by any of these countries following your most recent travel, you will not qualify for the priority service;
  • an employee of a company who is a member of the UK Border Agency's Business Select Scheme in Thailand, who is travelling on business regardless of previous travel history. Your spouse and children accompanying you will also be accepted, regardless of their previous travel, if they also pay the priority service fee. The company should submit a standard letter of support with your application;
  • a general visitor or a family visitor who has travelled in the previous 5 years to the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or a country in the Schengen Area. Your spouse and children accompanying you will also be accepted, regardless of their previous travel, if they also pay the priority service fee. When travelling to the above countries, you must have complied with the terms of their entry conditions - if you have been refused by any of these countries following your most recent travel, you will not qualify for the priority service;
  • a permanent resident of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or one of the Schengen countries, applying for any category of visitor visa;
  • a seafarer applying to join a ship in the UK, if you have travelled to the UK for the same reason in the previous 3 years. You must hold a Seafarers Identity Document (Seaman's Book);
  • a member of operational aircrew in Thailand (pilot or steward/ess) applying as a visitor or business visitor. You should provide evidence of your occupation with your application.

Exposure to a lot of semen does not qualify them for point #5

Edited by ricktoronto

My TGF has been to the UK twice now , 1st Visa took 6 weeks to come back , 2nd took 4 days obviously she had played by the rules 1st time round so it happened a lot quicker , give as much information as you can when you apply and dont think they are asking for too much ...... the more you give the more chance you have of success , try and cut corners and they've heard/seen it all a 1000 times before .

Good luck

Harts

P.S i did hear a rumour it's all done online now as opposed to the Regency house visit ....not sure on that one as her last Visa was mid 2010 - feb 11

My TGF has been to the UK twice now , 1st Visa took 6 weeks to come back , 2nd took 4 days obviously she had played by the rules 1st time round so it happened a lot quicker , give as much information as you can when you apply and dont think they are asking for too much ...... the more you give the more chance you have of success , try and cut corners and they've heard/seen it all a 1000 times before .

Good luck

Harts

P.S i did hear a rumour it's all done online now as opposed to the Regency house visit ....not sure on that one as her last Visa was mid 2010 - feb 11

Cheers going off the stories on forums we're gona need all the luck we can get!

I looked into that but the UK Border Agency said that Thailand didn't do online applications, they had to be made in person

Would have been alot easier

My GF's friend's is helping her and made Visa's before and been accepted so hope she recalls what she did!

Visitor visas are now made by an on-line application that you then have to print out and hand in (with supporting documents) to the VFS office in Regent House Bangkok. This is done by booking an appointment on-line. GF handed in the form last Thursday. Decision was made this Tuesday, we're going up to collect her passport on Friday.

Who said "An enchantment of beefy essences frizzed around my mouth like pyrotechnics"?

a) John Howe, Bangkok Post restaurant reviewer.

b) My girlfriend, after a blow job.

thats promising about the online applications she is all set to go down there tomorrow so better tell her about making an appointment before hand

cheers guys great help