IGNORED

7 day Visa Extension Question's

glenjean

First off, I have done research and read many conflicting reports on this forum and others. So I wanted to ask specfic questions to my travel needs.

I am American.

I will enter Thailand on a flight from Dubai on April 12, 2012 around 8 AM.

My questions?

1. Will I be allowed to stay 30 days on my US passport? Or will I be able to stay only 29 nights or 29 days?

2. Am I eligible to get a 7day visa extension? If so can I go to Jomtein and get a & 7 day visa extension? If so what day should I got to get this 7 day visa extension?

Should I go on the 29 day that I am in the country or 30 day?

3. How much will a 7 day vias extension cost? 1900 baht is that correct?

4. Where in Jomtein is the Immigration office located?

Any info will be most greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. It's 29 nights , you get a stamp in your pasport that tells you the date you have to leave .

2. Go to Jomtien on the 28/29 day .

3. 1900 Baht is correct .

4. Soi 5 Beach road .

5. Why not get a tourist visa in the US that allows you to stay for 60 days . Saves you the hassle of going to Jomtien and spend half a day there .

First off, I have done research and read many conflicting reports on this forum and others. So I wanted to ask specfic questions to my travel needs.

I am American.

I will enter Thailand on a flight from Dubai on April 12, 2012 around 8 AM.

My questions?

1. Will I be allowed to stay 30 days on my US passport? Or will I be able to stay only 29 nights or 29 days?

2. Am I eligible to get a 7day visa extension? If so can I go to Jomtein and get a & 7 day visa extension? If so what day should I got to get this 7 day visa extension?

Should I go on the 29 day that I am in the country or 30 day?

3. How much will a 7 day vias extension cost? 1900 baht is that correct?

4. Where in Jomtein is the Immigration office located?

Any info will be most greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pattaya Immigration (or better: Chonburi Immigration) is in Jomtien Beach Road Soi 5, on the right side, near the end. If you decide to go there, you better go some days in advance. To avoid all hassles once you’re here however I advise you to get a tourist visa in your home country. There are enough threads on this website that treat this subject.